Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

Comments

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Easily Mortal Online. Im surprised this pile of crap still breathing.

Anyone who says WoW has never played this game. What an awful pile of poo.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Mortal online. Nothing else compares.

We are talking about the most incomplete, buggy, and broken MMO here, right?

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Seed..
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

City of Heroes. 

Bland cities, bland combat, bland enemy types, and bland instances (that were all the same).  I dropped it and went back to WoW in a matter fo weeks.  I felt the game was a mess personally. 

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    FFXIV at its very first launch. It made me sad, especially since it sounded like it would be a fun game. Hopefully FFXIV Realm Reborn will be different.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• rivetman13rivetman13 Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Alganon - Easily the worst.

STO - I couldn't stand the characters, animations or ground combat.  I didn't stay long enough to really get the hang of space combat but it felt wonky as well.

EQ2 - I had tried it in hopes of it being better than WOW.  It was far, far worse.

Runes of Magic - Probably the most boring leveling I've ever experienced.  I quit long before I would run into the P2W aspects.

lol your sig has you currently playing minecraft. haha

For me, Eve online was really really bad, and Vanguard. I'll add SWTOR up there, not the worst, but about as miserable as the other 2 I mentioned

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Triple A Game: Guild Wars 2.

Other: Requiem

EDIT: Yea mortal online was pretty bad as well lol.

Originally posted by Ginaz

Apart from the few f2p games I've tried over the years, my worst MMO ever was post nge swg.  Not just because of the disappointment of the change and the blantant bait and switch soe pulled but because the game truely was God awful afterwards.  They somehow managed to make it worse, not better.

And for anyone who gives and answer like WoW or SWTOR or GW2, I challenge you to randomly choose one of the f2p Asian grinders listed on this site, download and play it.  If you're being honest, I can almost guarantee any one of them will be much, much worse than the MMO whipping boys I mentioed above.

topic isnt worst game, its worst game you've played. I really havent bothered with 99% of the f2p garbage thats come out. I'll give my vote to swtor based on playing after BELIEVING the hype, falling for it, pre-ordering it then finding out the game is terrible and their customer service is laughable.

SWTOR #1 worst game I've played. Sorry in advance to the fanbois who's toes I just crushed

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Definitely Mortal.  Just didn't like it at all.  Especially all the naked dudes with their dongs just a-floppin'.  Gross.
  • Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by rivetman13

STO - I couldn't stand the characters, animations or ground combat.  I didn't stay long enough to really get the hang of space combat but it felt wonky as well.

EQ2 - I had tried it in hopes of it being better than WOW.  It was far, far worse.

Runes of Magic - Probably the most boring leveling I've ever experienced.  I quit long before I would run into the P2W aspects.

For me, Eve online was really really bad, and Vanguard. I'll add SWTOR up there, not the worst, but about as miserable as the other 2 I mentioned

Care to elaborate why you think EVE was bad?

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Dark and Light

Joined - July 2004

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

I don't think people saying things like WoW, GW2, EVE, and even SWTOR read the question properly.

It asks what the worst game you've ever played is. It has nothing to do with your least favorite. "Worst" and "least favorite" are not interchangeable.

For example, someone could have played something like Ragnarok Online, agreed that it was a horrible game, but still enjoyed it. Someone might feel pretty strongly that Rift was not fun for them, but acknowledge that it attempted a lot of new things and was very polished.

The worst MMO I've ever played?

I might be able to say Mortal Online, but I never actually made it out of character creation because it ran so badly and none of the settings even worked, so I don't want to include it as something I actually played.

FF14 was also remarkably bad in practically every aspect, but at least it looked nice.

The worst game is going to have to be something even worse than Maple Story. Worse than Runescape. Worse than Conquer Online.

There was a little game someone cobbled together out of stolen sprites and music and managed to list on this site years ago. I don't remember the name, but it might have been the worst. At the same time, it was essentially someone's pet project, so it's sort of unfair to count it here.

Rubies of Eventide might be the worst. It was one of the earliest free-to-play games. I didn't get very far at all, but I remember the movement being so wonky that you would slide all over the place and none of your animations synced up properly. I think it might have been either classless or let you mix skills to make a class or something. Actually, I think you chose a class, but the classes were nothing more than skill packages. In any case I remember that it was very confusing. I don't think I saw another player the entire time I was online.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by doragon86
    FFXIV at its very first launch. It made me sad, especially since it sounded like it would be a fun game. Hopefully FFXIV Realm Reborn will be different.

Seems a lot of ppl aggree that FFXIV is one of the worst MMO's to date. I have no thought on it since I have never played it. Wanted to play it but now It seems it would be a waste of time?

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Getting initially into the game, I was annoyed there weren't more customization choices for movement. I don't want to play a click to move game, it, TO ME, feels like it is dumbing the game down to a level like starcraft was played in korea when I was there. One hand playing the game, one hand smoking and drinking coffee.

I didn't care for the lack of a real tutorial kind of entrance. Honestly, I didn't give the game much of a chance when I look back. However, I have to stand by my decision to mark it as one of the worst because as bad as the others were, at least basic movement was not a deal breaker in the first few minutes.

• cottonhillcottonhill Member Posts: 15

Getting initially into the game, I was annoyed there weren't more customization choices for movement. I don't want to play a click to move game, it, TO ME, feels like it is dumbing the game down to a level like starcraft was played in korea when I was there. One hand playing the game, one hand smoking and drinking coffee.

I didn't care for the lack of a real tutorial kind of entrance. Honestly, I didn't give the game much of a chance when I look back. However, I have to stand by my decision to mark it as one of the worst because as bad as the others were, at least basic movement was not a deal breaker in the first few minutes.

Granted, the learning curve in EVE is an axtremely steep one. But you also have to take into account the fact that EVE is one of the most hardcore sandboxes in existance. I've always said people come into EVE expecting a game when what they're really getting into is a simulation. EVE takes an investment of time and effort to understand and learn to be able to really enjoy it, but trust me it is worth it in the end. And a year into it there are still mechanics of the game to learn. This is coming from someone who played EVE for 3 days tops 3 seperate times before actually commiting to it. On a side not, the tutorial as been improved, along with the addition of many new player friendly features in this latest expansion.

• NoobalurtNoobalurt Member UncommonPosts: 14

FFXIV 1.0, and The WarZ if it counts.  Oh lets not for get AoC.  Only thing worse then these games, were the people in charge of making them.

1)FFIV

2)The WarZ

3)AoC

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Ginaz

And for anyone who gives and answer like WoW or SWTOR or GW2, I challenge you to randomly choose one of the f2p Asian grinders listed on this site, download and play it.  If you're being honest, I can almost guarantee any one of them will be much, much worse than the MMO whipping boys I mentioed above.

This exactly. WoW, SWTOR and GW2 are like a million time better than most MMO listed here. If you listed those MMO as your worst, you either didn't try enough MMO to judge or you are either here just to bash the game that didn't live up to your expectations or the game you just didn't like.

I couldn't list THE worst MMO I've played, but there's a bunch of F2P MMO that I've tried, when I wasn't able to afford the sub of a good MMO, that were the worst I've played. KAL Online and Knight Online are the 2 that comes to mind but there are plenty more. I couldn't put any triple A MMO as the worst, its unthinkable.

Originally posted by Noobalurt

FFXIV 1.0, and The WarZ if it counts.  Oh lets not for get AoC.  Only thing worse then these games, were the people in charge of making them.

1)FFIV

2)The WarZ

3)AoC

I think the war z did its job. It was made to be a clone of DayZ and compete with it. I've played both and I definitely prefer War. It's essentially the same game with easier graphics, less bugs, and SLIGHTLY easier gameplay. The only thing way less hardcore than DayZ can be described with this example. A zombie in The War Z sees me, and begins chasing me. I run for about 20 feet, turn around, and see him standing there ignoring me. A zombie in DayZ sees me. I run for 3 miles. He's still up my ass.

Originally posted by cottonhill

Granted, the learning curve in EVE is an axtremely steep one. But you also have to take into account the fact that EVE is one of the most hardcore sandboxes in existance. I've always said people come into EVE expecting a game when what they're really getting into is a simulation. EVE takes an investment of time and effort to understand and learn to be able to really enjoy it, but trust me it is worth it in the end. And a year into it there are still mechanics of the game to learn. This is coming from someone who played EVE for 3 days tops 3 seperate times before actually commiting to it. On a side not, the tutorial as been improved, along with the addition of many new player friendly features in this latest expansion.

Is movement customizable yet? I like using the arrows + mouse over wasd. I take it as a slap in the face when a game is designed without any customization for movement. Doesn't seem like it is THAT hard to design in player defined movement controls.

But hey, at least it isnt DCUO movement, right? 8P

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Over the years, i have developed a low tolerance for suck-ti-tude. No mmorpg to play is better than one that strikes me as bad and they get thirty minutes to prove that there is something to them worth investing time in. From my point of view there are more bland, bad, mmorpgs than good ones. Therefore i really don't keep a list of suck-ti-tude as bad is bad and being the worst of bad is still just bad and I am not investing myself in hatred. There is such a long list that its better to ask me what is good.
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Xsyon was the only game I have ever requested a refund for, so I'll go with that.

Is movement customizable yet? I like using the arrows + mouse over wasd. I take it as a slap in the face when a game is designed without any customization for movement. Doesn't seem like it is THAT hard to design in player defined movement controls.

There is no free movement, besides the ability to double click in a direction and your ship will turn that way. The way you're supposed to control movement in by going to your overview, clikcing on an object around you from the list, and choosing to approach that object, orbit it at so and so distance, etc.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

People saying WoW, GW2, TERA, TSW, SW:TOR any AAA MMO just haven't delved into the F2P realm, i'll admit I haven't gone deep either but I got bored one day and tried downloading a few, it was a traumatizing experience and I could never nominate any of these MMOs when all those terrible games whos names I don't even remember are still lurking about.

Originally posted by Noobalurt

1)FFIV

2)The WarZ

3)AoC

I think the war z did its job. It was made to be a clone of DayZ and compete with it. I've played both and I definitely prefer War. It's essentially the same game with easier graphics, less bugs, and SLIGHTLY easier gameplay. The only thing way less hardcore than DayZ can be described with this example. A zombie in The War Z sees me, and begins chasing me. I run for about 20 feet, turn around, and see him standing there ignoring me. A zombie in DayZ sees me. I run for 3 miles. He's still up my ass.

Oh, and I forgot the map. If you're a DayZ player looking for a reason to hate The War Z, here it is: In The War Z everyone gets a map. It tells you exactly where you are, and which way you're facing. And it isn;t an item you have to find in some building somewhere, it is just there.

There is no free movement, besides the ability to double click in a direction and your ship will turn that way. The way you're supposed to control movement in by going to your overview, clikcing on an object around you from the list, and choosing to approach that object, orbit it at so and so distance, etc.

Ugh...

Oh well, gotta keep my top 3 with eve included then. If they were people though, I would still punch SWTOR in the face first. haha