Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    WoW was the worst MMO I have played to date and the only MMO that didn't even make it a week with me.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    I don't know if I would use the term worst, but SWG was the biggest disappointment.  From launch to close, I tried to get into it several times, it was just bad.  The only mmo that I have bought and had less playtime (despite trying it repeatedly) was Rift.
  • ThebigthrillThebigthrill Member UncommonPosts: 117

Easy for me.

1.SWTOR   Exhaustion zones. My favorite fanboy defence of exhaustion zones was this " So what if theres exhaustion zones on tatooine, I mean do you really expect to get on a speeder and continue flying in a desert without dying from heat stroke? or exhaustion? lack of water?

Me: Yes I do because im sure they have figured out the tecnology considering we have light sabers, flying space ships,and Yogurt can lift a xwing out of a swamp.

"Don't tell me what to do! , you're not my mod"

Saying invented by me.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Either Raplz or WoW.
  • AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Hands down GW2
  • MinjieMinjie Member Posts: 11
    Istaria
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269

1.) SWTOR

2.) WOW

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Darkfall - supposed to be a sandbox, but isn't even close.  Worst community I've ever seen as well.

FFXIV - horrible game in every phase.  Unbelievably bad design.

GW2 - no where close to the innovative game it was supposed to be.  Became unbelievably tedious very quickly.  No longevity whatsoever.  Huge disappointment.  Also, really bad community.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by Quirhid
    Close contest between Wurm Online and Mortal Online.

Now now... Wurm Online has by far one of the greatest crafting and worldbuilding systems displayed in any mmo to this day.. But what do you expect from combat and performance, when it's run by pretty much one guy.

• KaosLegionKaosLegion Member UncommonPosts: 79

I can understand people saying WoW, SWTOR etc but realistically you havent played a truly bad mmo. Take a look at 80% of the game list on this site. There is an ad for shaiya to my left now..... Horrible game. 

Try one of these random MMOs you'll appreciate the WoWs and SWTORs out there a lot more.

• KraylorKraylor Member Posts: 94
    SWToR was the worst for me personally.  

Waiting on: The Repopulation

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by KaosLegion

I can understand people saying WoW, SWTOR etc but realistically you havent played a truly bad mmo. Take a look at 80% of the game list on this site. There is an ad for shaiya to my left now..... Horrible game. 

Try one of these random MMOs you'll appreciate the WoWs and SWTORs out there a lot more.

^^ speaks truth. ive hopped around on the game list and tried 20 or more. and my lord there are some abominations out there. and yep shaiya is trash lol. 

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

People hate on WoW, and granted I don't like it anymore. But it's not a bad game. Good zone design, large world, tons of quests, caters to many playstyles. All this from launch. So while you might not "like it", it's really not the "worst mmo", no matter how much you think it is.

So many people here don't even understand something as elementary as the difference between preference and quality. How can anyone respect false opinions like that?

Worst mmo i've ever played has to be a tie between Space Cowboy and Darkfall.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Gadzy

Now now... Wurm Online has by far one of the greatest crafting and worldbuilding systems displayed in any mmo to this day.. But what do you expect from combat and performance, when it's run by pretty much one guy.

I don't care if the one guy had only one eye and one hand. It is shit.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Mortal Online was the worst, then Darkfall, followed by SWTOR

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Isturi

So now your turn what is the worst MMO you ever played and why?

Final Fantasy XIV because I drank the dev coolaid.  The Xi team was making it and XI is without a doubt my all time favorite MMO, then they said  were making it for XI fans first, I was in heaven. They also said they wanted to bring in more fans, I knew that was a red flag but I played it off in my mind as  them just making it abit more casual friendly. So I had already set myself up for a big let down, the worst of it I KNEW BETTER.

Then we get to the actual game. Just an absolute train wreck. They didnt please anyone. They took what people loved from XI tossed it out the window. For the WoW crowd they took what that crowd liked and tossed it out the window. The game was an absolute cluster F#$^%!

All they had to do was make XI-2 and they would have had 300-500K subs for many years to come, but noooooooooooo they out thought themselves and ended up with complete junk.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50

Probably a close tie between these, which were all so absurdly bad I quit within an hour:

• Mortal Online
    • Wurm Online
    • FFXIV
    • Tera
    I guess if I really have to pick the absolute worst out of the list, it would probably go to Mortal Online.
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Warhammer Online.

You have access to 25 years of lore, literature and games mechanics to draw from, many millions of dollars and full dev team and you are coming off the back of one of the most loved PvP MMO's of all time so you have a perfect template to build the game and all you have to do is feed in the masses of lore you have access to. BUT NO you throw that all away and decide to extract one aspect from another rather successful game a game world that was originally based on the lore you now have full access to and base your whole game around that one aspect, instanced battlegrounds, and then spend all of your energies telling the world how you have access to all this lore, literature and games mechanics and you are building the PvP game of Kings, only to release a buggy, rushed, unbalanced, poorly coded, thought out and executed game that died on its arse in less than 6 months from release. That my friends is the definition of EPIC FAIL! in my book. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Gadzy

I have to agree Wurm is a game you have to give kudos to, its a proper sandbox unlike the supposedly sandbox Mortal Online and Darkfall made by one guy and supported these days but two or three dev's. What Notch created is brilliant if you like that type of gaming and what he learned from that made Minecraft and him a millionaire watch his new game it could be the breakthrough indie title everyones been waiting for.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

SWTOR

Warhammer

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• gekidogekido Member UncommonPosts: 66

Worst experience...

Dark Age of Camelot - My character's foot was stuck inside a well in the middle of a popular town.  Not stuck inside the well, more or less glued to it.  This didn't get fixed for three weeks.

Worst purchase...

Asheron's Call 2 - I played for about two months before it was shut down.  Really bad timing on my part.

Worst game...

Dark & Light - I hate bashing hard work especially when it's trying to provide entertainment.  That being said, holy **** was this a piece of crap.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,454

Apart from the few f2p games I've tried over the years, my worst MMO ever was post nge swg.  Not just because of the disappointment of the change and the blantant bait and switch soe pulled but because the game truely was God awful afterwards.  They somehow managed to make it worse, not better.

And for anyone who gives and answer like WoW or SWTOR or GW2, I challenge you to randomly choose one of the f2p Asian grinders listed on this site, download and play it.  If you're being honest, I can almost guarantee any one of them will be much, much worse than the MMO whipping boys I mentioed above.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• quasar941quasar941 Member Posts: 159

I'd have to say that the worst of the ones that I have tried this year was Tera, followed by TSW which, while not the absolute worst, was certainly the most disappointing.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by Ginaz

Apart from the few f2p games I've tried over the years, my worst MMO ever was post nge swg.  Not just because of the disappointment of the change and the blantant bait and switch soe pulled but because the game truely was God awful afterwards.  They somehow managed to make it worse, not better.

And for anyone who gives and answer like WoW or SWTOR or GW2, I challenge you to randomly choose one of the f2p Asian grinders listed on this site, download and play it.  If you're being honest, I can almost guarantee any one of them will be much, much worse than the MMO whipping boys I mentioed above.

Don't be too hard on them. I compare them to asking a sheltered, rich teen who had never hurt for a thing what his or her's worst experience was and them replying

• Cleaning their own room
    • Being forced to drive the Jag
    • Not getting their own AE blackcard

It's not their fault they have never experienced worst than what's listed above. So I kinda shrug and move on in both cases.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• sedriksedrik Member UncommonPosts: 9
    no MMO can be worse than Dark and Light, never