Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst MMO you ever played?

Comments

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Acornia

They were calling it an MMO at the time, but when Masters of Orion 3 went live, it was so bad that the maker Quicksilver closed all support for it within 30 days of launch and took the web site down.

At least the did the right thing with Masters of Orion 3, some Devs refuse to do the right thing when they know that thier MMO sucks.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

AoC strained my eyes playing it. Not sure why. 

I couldn't get into Lineage 2.

Worst combat, for me, was LotRo. 

Biggest disappointment in that I wish there was more of it: DCUO.  They could have done so many great things with that game.

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Warhammer

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    SWTOR and a close 2nd is GW2
  • DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

Anyone saying some of the major-ish titles clearly has not played any of MMORPG's that dwell in the dark parts of internet gaming:

Metin 2, Oz Online, Rappelz *shutters*

FAXION was pretty bad before it was shut down

I have to also list Second Life O_o

I guess the difference is that I am rating them more on playability, how the game run's, bugs&glitches, then how much fun I had second...I have a feeling this list will moslty be just bitterness towards more known titles.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227

I haven't played a lot of the obscure games on this site, but all the "major" ones that most MMO vets have. Out of all the MMO's I've played, the worst experience I've had was with FFXIV version 1.0. I tried really hard to like that game. I followed it for years, was a complete fanboy, and loved their first MMO. I went back numerous times throughout, and even paid a sub at one point when they went P2P, but that game was just awful. I didn't have overinflated expectations; I just wanted a Final Fantasy game that was at least as playable as their first MMO. I mean they had a decade worth of expereince developing and running an MMO. How bad could it get?

It's really the one and only game that embittered me. I can find a way to have fun in nearly every game so long as I'm with good company, but FFXIV proved to be the exception. Bah, I'll stop now or else I'll just derail this topic with a massive rant on my disdain for that game.

Still cheering for 2.0 though so I guess I'm not too bitter!

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Still cheering for 2.0 though so I guess I'm not too bitter!

Me too friend, me too

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    This one game called Martial Empires.  It was ridiculously bad.
  • bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by Isturi

What is the worst MMO You ever played?

Mortal Online

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

EVE online

I don't get why a glorified skill spreadsheet with 0 content is popular.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Hellgate: London, no contest.

Basically, a shooter trying to sell itself as an mmo (and failing, due to plenty of technical problems).  There are legends about how bad the opening was; the legends are insufficient description.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• argoriusargorius Member Posts: 17
    No doubt - the worst MMO I ever "played" was Earthrise - interesting concept on paper but the execution was beyond ridiculous.  It was laggy as hell and simply boring because of the technical failures...I dont know if it ever got better but I found the experience awful...
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    RYL. I hated that game with all my heart.
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Domoto

I guess the difference is that I am rating them more on playability, how the game run's, bugs&glitches, then how much fun I had second...I have a feeling this list will moslty be just bitterness towards more known titles.

Well Main reason I came up with this thread was for fun. Plus it is intreasting to compare notes with other gamers who list thier worst MMO that they have ever played.

• previnprevin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Horizons
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,346

Runescape.  You can grind levels in this, or grind levels in that, or grind levels in something else.  Anything other than purely grinding levels by doing extremely repetitive things?  Nope.

There are probably worse games than Runescape out there, but the newer ones didn't come out until I was sophisticated enough to see that I wouldn't like the game before playing it rather than after.

• LemacsLemacs Member UncommonPosts: 121
    APB

UO-EQ1-SWG-DAOC-WOW-EQ2-WAR-GW2-RIFT

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    Everquest.  I stick to the big MMOs to avoid terrible games and I have prettymuch liked them all, except for EQ.  That is the only game that ever made me want to throw my monitor through the wall.  Lost levels, corpse runs, and trains of mobs so high level that they 1-hit you before you have a chance to run?  AAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by Quizzical

Runescape.  You can grind levels in this, or grind levels in that, or grind levels in something else.  Anything other than purely grinding levels by doing extremely repetitive things?  Nope.

There are probably worse games than Runescape out there, but the newer ones didn't come out until I was sophisticated enough to see that I wouldn't like the game before playing it rather than after.

I think Runescape can teach most mmos a lot of things. 

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Originally posted by Raventree
    Everquest.  I stick to the big MMOs to avoid terrible games and I have prettymuch liked them all, except for EQ.  That is the only game that ever made me want to throw my monitor through the wall.  Lost levels, corpse runs, and trains of mobs so high level that they 1-hit you before you have a chance to run?  AAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Hah. Some people think that's where the genre should be headed and the removal of those "features" has dumbed down the genre.

*teehee runs and hides in his flame proof bunker*

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by lucasdeiss
    GW2 BY FAR

X2 to this....worst company...worster than Fun Com

but then again i never liked EVE

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

I wanted to throw up when I first played WOW back in 2006. I managed to get to lvl 20 and couldn't take it anymore.

• BlueLanternBlueLantern Member Posts: 96
    The Secret World, runner up being TERA.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by wrekognize

I wanted to throw up when I first played WOW back in 2006. I managed to get to lvl 20 and couldn't take it anymore.

soi bet you LOVE it now though? Since it has been dumbed down to the point of supidity

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Dantae87
    Originally posted by wrekognize

soi bet you LOVE it now though? Since it has been dumbed down to the point of supidity

Nope, have not tried it since then. Seemed pretty dumbed down to me at the time.