Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynasty of the Magi: eBook & MMO in One Now Available on iTunes

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,584MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

UPDATE: The official Dynasty of the Magi site has gone live and the app is now available on iTunes for free. Give it a try!

We have received word of an intriguing new project being undertaken by PoetCode. The idea is to bring an interactive reading and gaming experience to players. According to what we've read, events occurring within the MMO will have a direct impact on the Dynasty of the Magi eBook series. 

The liMMO (Literary Immersive MMO) ecosystem is created by aptly integrating the next generation interactive eBook with the 3-D mobile multi-player online game (MMO), on the tablet device, creating an interactive experience that puts the reader/gamer (RG) at the heart of the game and the fantasy book series by:

1) Reading the stand alone interactive fantasy eBook Rites of Passage, which unlocking content and powers for the game through numerous interactions in the eBook. 

The Kickstarter campaign lays out the intricacies of design and is a great read.

Check out the Dynasty of the Magi Kickstarter page for more information.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• RevofireRevofire Melbourne, FLPosts: 238Member Uncommon

I'd actually like this honestly, an interactive e-book is amazing.

Been wanting to read 50 Shades of Grey, if only they made one for that too. :p

Veteran MMORPG Player -

RS (pre-EOC)- Habbo
    Combat Arms - Crossfire -AVA
    Maplestory, and more.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Sounds very interesting. I personally would love to read material pertaining to the game in my downtime away from the PC on a e-reader, learn something from that book and then use that knowledge in the game to create something new or solve a quest. Only thing devs would need to fear are players that would trivalize the interaction between both mediums and would flood the net with footnotes, cheatsheets and shortcuts so they can race their way to the top. Then going on about how weak or shallow the game is because it's not hard to "level", thus giving the game a bad rap. But as long as the goal of the game is broadening your avatars base of knowledge and bringing friends that maybe fans of one type of media (ebooks) together with fans of another (mmorpgs), it would be worth looking into.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• rmk70rmk70 Toronto, ONPosts: 393Member Uncommon
    Interesting concept... The gameplay looks awful though :( 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,341Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rmk70
    Interesting concept... The gameplay looks awful though :( 

Anything written for a phone or pad these days is going to be extremely limited.  Those systems are just not powerful enough for a decent MMO experience.  Give it a few years.