Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is all excited for this ?

13»

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by KnutCup

downloaded, reserved a name, patiently waitng.

Seems like a few of you have not been following the forums there. They seem to be having patching issues for the last 5 hrs. Noone can log in.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by Badaboom

In The end it was just the grind that got to me, so if that is fixed we are in for a treat.

Why would we? What does it change?

Because with or without the grind, the rest of the game doesn't change. So if you are leaving the game because of the grind, once they remove the grind you have nothing more to do that you couldn't do when you were grinding.

AV takes years to push out new content. What are you going to do with no grind? You will complain and leave in the same way because of the lack of new content to keep you entertained.

• LucylooselegsLucylooselegs Member Posts: 4
    Love Darkfall, I can't wait to play DFUW beta, even though I know it's going to be buggy as hell. :D
  • corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by BigMango

What are you going to do with no grind?

AV takes years to push out new content. You will complain and leave in the same way because of the lack of new content to keep you entertained. At least with the grind there's something to do.  

i dunno... maybe play the game.....SANS GRIND!?    how it always should have been.

thats the thing about PVP centric games...... when the PVP is good, you never run out of PVP.

for a lot of people, DF1 was all about avoiding PVP, when your level of grind was way out of whack with somebody ELSES level of grind.

Corpus Callosum    

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

I couldn't be less excited. I don't have any expectations whatsoever in a positive way, ok maybe only the hope that AV will suprise everyone by delivering a awesome game, but I really doubt it will happen. AV doesn't seem to have change for a bit, so I bet we will even see it ingame. If they deliver, I will surely be happy to join the fun, but not before at least 1-2 months after release.

Originally posted by corpusc

AV takes years to push out new content. You will complain and leave in the same way because of the lack of new content to keep you entertained. At least with the grind there's something to do.  

i dunno... maybe play the game.....SANS GRIND!?    how it always should have been.

thats the thing about PVP centric games...... when the PVP is good, you never run out of PVP.

for a lot of people, DF1 was all about avoiding PVP, when your level of grind was way out of whack with somebody ELSES level of grind.

Grind or no grind doesn't change a thing. Most harcdore players maxed everything out. Once the grind was gone they left the server empty.

The large majority of players can only do the same pvp over and over again that many times. With no new content the game dies the same. Grind or no grind.

AV is too small to push content out. Most players will only play short term to try the new thing coming out. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Grind or no grind doesn't change a thing. Most harcore players maxed everything out. Once the grind was gone they left the server empty.

The large majority of players can only do the same pvp over and over again that many times. With no new content the game dies the same. Grind or no grind.

its not opposite day.  

the grind is WHY most people left.  from noobs to hardcore vets.  the grind did EVERYbody in.  the server was empty cuz of the grind.

pvp'ers..... *gasp* .... play a lot of PVP.  how many of them are clamouring for new lanscapes to PVP on?  cuz i basically NEVER hear that in MMOs.   especially with Darkfall.  which had a HUGE world that most people only saw a fraction of.  

the only "new content" there would be for PVP is if they expanded the game world.  

but!!!!!.... they are actually IMPROVING the game for PVP by REMOVING much of the world.  

the opposite of what you claim is important for PVP.   seems like you don't know too much on the subject.

Corpus Callosum    

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

Grind or no grind doesn't change a thing. Most harcore players maxed everything out. Once the grind was gone they left the server empty.

AV is too small to push content out. Most players will only play short term to try the new thing coming out. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Actually yes the grind change some things. If you need to be hardcore to be PvP viable, you won't get a lot of players and the PvP will be made by only a small portion of the playerbase while the rest just keep avoiding it since they know they doesn't stand a chance with someone having their skills maxed out and they will loose everything on them.

What you're trying to explain is right from a themepark MMO POV, not a sandbox one. Sandbox players aren't waiting for new content to be release, they "create' the content. This is what a sandbox game is about.

Grind or no grind doesn't change a thing.

if wasting or not wasting your time doesn't change a thing for you....... well i can't comment on your life.  but lets just say most people value their time.

they're too small to push content out, and yet they release with a huge handcrafted world, whose launch size is pretty much only rivalled by Vanguard.

AND THEN REMOVE much of it, because of the overabundance of their output.

Corpus Callosum    

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I was, guess I still am, but I generally don't play betas, unless I'm sure my progression will be retained (like a lot of F2P open beta's are).  Guess I don't like paying people to test their software, used to people paying me to do so.

Won't be joining until the game goes live.

yeah this is why I made myself stop playing ps2 beta. its also a wise decision if you have the patience, game will undoubtable be more balanced, stable, populated and more content at launch, plus on steam.

but darkfall is different, I must play it as soon as possible. Im guessing most df1 players feel the same. darkfall is not a game for everyone, but for the people it was for there is nothing else like it.

My blog: image

Originally posted by SirFubar

Actually yes the grind change some things. If you need to be hardcore to be PvP viable, you won't get a lot of players and the PvP will be made by only a small portion of the playerbase while the rest just keep avoiding it since they know they doesn't stand a chance with someone having their skills maxed out and they will loose everything on them.

What you're trying to explain is right from a themepark MMO POV, not a sandbox one. Sandbox players aren't waiting for new content to be release, they "create' the content. This is what a sandbox game is about.

exactly.  

exactly.

this guy actually understands PVP and the sandboxy end of the game-type spectrum.

Corpus Callosum    

its not opposite day.  

the grind is WHY most people left.  from noobs to hardcore vets.  the grind did EVERYbody in.  the server was empty cuz of the grind.

pvp'ers..... *gasp* .... play a lot of PVP.  how many of them are clamouring for new lanscapes to PVP on?  cuz i basically NEVER hear that in MMOs.   especially with Darkfall.  which had a HUGE world that most people only saw a fraction of.  

the only "new content" there would be for PVP is if they expanded the game world.  

but!!!!!.... they are actually IMPROVING the game for PVP by REMOVING much of the world.  

the opposite of what you claim is important for PVP.   seems like you don't know too much on the subject.

I am talking about content, not added land mass.

The huge world you are talking about is an empty world.

On the PVP only side, PVP mmorpgs are subpar games compared to pvp games. The only pvp mmorpgs that succeded so far are those that added content regularly. And this AV have shown us they are too small to do.

If people leave Darkfall because of the grind it means that the game has nothing else to keep them.

Oh, then you are so wrong with this game. Tasos himself said 1 week ago in the mmorpg.com video interview that Darkfall UW is not a sandbox, he personaly is not interested in sandbox, he cares only about pvp; and they have no plans to add any sandbox elements in the future because they have no ressources for this.

I guess it would be good for you to go watch that interview to at least know what game your are getting into.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

Oh, then you are so wrong with this game. Tasos himself said 1 week ago in the mmorpg.com video interview that Darkfall is not a sandbox, he personaly is not interested in sandbox, he cares only about pvp; and they have no plans to add any sandbox elements in the future because they have no ressources for this.

I guess it would be good for you to go watch that interview to at least know what game your are getting into.

That's fine when you are the only open world PvP niche game on the market, but others are coming, and with full sandbox features.  I'n ready to dive into DFUW, but I'm watching other sandbox games for 2013 that offer a more well-rounded and inclusive system.  We'll see what happens, I guess.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

The huge world you are talking about is an empty world.

On the PVP only side, PVP mmorpgs are subpar games compared to pvp games. The only pvp mmorpgs that succeded so far are those that added content. And this AV have shown us they are too small to do.

If people leave Darkfall because of the grind it means that the game has nothing else to keep them.

you still don't understand.  as long as the PVP is fun and there's little grind, there's no need to add content cuz the PLAYERS ARE THE CONTENT.  with no grind, EVERBODY participates and EVERYBODY has fun.  not just the top tiny percentage.  which is not enough to keep the game populated.  like happened exactly in DF1.

exactly.... which goes to show that they had WAY more content than necessary, and that it WAS NOT a content issue at all.

this is because of GRIND.   this is why removing grind makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in the world.  opposite of meaning nothing, which is your claim.  people who love PVP.....*SURPRISE*.... wanna spend  their time PVPing.  not grinding up skills and resources to PREPARE for PVP, while avoid it for months and months and months.

so are you saying people like me or Badaboom, or countless others in internet forums are liars?  or don't realize that we secretly LOVE to grind?   because plenty of people are saying that they liked so many other things about the game, but couldn't take the grind.

you know...... the OPPOSITE of what you keep saying.  when you hate the grind (ie, respect your own time) it doesn't matter how great the other draws of the game are.

Corpus Callosum    

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Oh, then you are so wrong with this game. Tasos himself said 1 week ago in the mmorpg.com video interview that Darkfall is not a sandbox, he personaly is not interested in sandbox, he cares only about pvp; and they have no plans to add any sandbox elements in the future because they have no ressources for this.

That's fine when you are the only open world PvP niche game on the market, but others are coming, and with full sandbox features.  I'n ready to dive into DFUW, but I'm watching other sandbox games for 2013 that offer a more well-rounded and inclusive system.  We'll see what happens, I guess.

Yes of course. I have the game installed and ready to play and I'm also playing Mortal Online.

We'll see how it goes.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    im looking forward to playing it but im not loosing sleep over it.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by Badaboom

In The end it was just the grind that got to me, so if that is fixed we are in for a treat.

Why would we? What does it change?

Because with or without the grind, the rest of the game doesn't change. So if you are leaving the game because of the grind, once they remove the grind you have nothing more to do that you couldn't do when you were grinding.

AV takes years to push out new content. What are you going to do with no grind? You will complain and leave in the same way because of the lack of new content to keep you entertained.

The players, their tribes, their alliances, their enemies and the territory for their empire they'll fight over is the content. Far more varied and dynamic than any theme park MMO could achieve. Only EVE Online matches it. MMO's should be about the players being the content, something that has been lost over the decade in triple AAA titles. Ulitma online is still going for this very reason , especially on private run shards.

• stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    very exited over here!
  • wireded21wireded21 Member UncommonPosts: 131
    I buy, I excited...!
  • therealeasytherealeasy Member Posts: 36

-