Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is all excited for this ?

Who is all excited for this ? I have played the old darkfall for a good 3 or 4 years and had more fun than I ever could imagine i could have with a game!

Comments

• XandrosXandros Member Posts: 27
    I'm excited :)
  • engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83
    you dont sound like most people that have played darkfall for a long time.

played a million mmo's

• shawn01shawn01 Member UncommonPosts: 166
             I try not to get too excited for any new game, since every game since DAoC has been a disapointment to me. I'm expecting Darkfall Unholy Wars to keep me entertained for a month or two, and nothing more.
  • YeOldeTimeCapsuleYeOldeTimeCapsule Member Posts: 10
    I am, please let beta be when they say
  • XandrosXandros Member Posts: 27
    DF1 was a very cool game, probably the best MMO ive ever played so far. If UW reduces the grind to some reasonable level and makes macroing less needed to be competitive i guess it will be my no.1 again.
  • GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189

"raises hand"

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by shawn01
             I try not to get too excited for any new game, since every game since DAoC has been a disapointment to me. I'm expecting Darkfall Unholy Wars to keep me entertained for a month or two, and nothing more.

I think most share the same mindset as you when it comes to expectation of a new game, but in all honesty i can guarantee that most former DF player know for a fact and deep within what awaits and therefore has set the bar way higher than you. Myself included. So i wish I was you right now because I know if i had expectations lower than what I have now i would have an orgasm when this game launch.. and as a matter of fact I think i still will!

• Avarious138Avarious138 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by engellen

Why do you say that? Not all darkfall players are huge trolls or just plain agressive ( i have also played a crap ton of mmos but since darkfall none of them can keep my interest for more than a day)

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Originally posted by Avarious138
    Who is all excited for this ? I have played the old darkfall for a good 3 or 4 years and had more fun than I ever could imagine i could have with a game!

With your join date and post count, I'm 99.99999999999% sure you are advertising the game, nothing more, nothing less.

PS. I may try it, once it's "Try before Buy". :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Xandros
    DF1 was a very cool game, probably the best MMO ive ever played so far. If UW reduces the grind to some reasonable level and makes macroing less needed to be competitive i guess it will be my no.1 again.

For me it wasn't good mostly because of those 2 major points, the grind and the macroing. Macroing is the dumbest thing you can put in a MMO, it completely remove the "skill" ascpect of it. Any noob can put all their skills in 2 macros and just hit them when needed. Not everyone are good enough to be able to hit the right skill at the right time with 20 or more different skills. This what killed it for me, just like that stupid mechanic of people casting a spell are their feet to pop in the air. This was the most hilarious stupid mechanic ever put in a MMO. DF PvP was the most ridiculous I've ever seen seriously. It could have been good tho with that stupid mechanic removed and the macroing gone.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

I was on the fence about this game, having never played the original and remembering all the complaints about it.  However, lately I've been diving more into the aspects of why some people loved it so much. Star Wars Galaxies is greatly misunderstood by a lot of people who never played it these days, so I wanted to learn what it was about DFO that many people loved.

I have to say that I am excited about what I have learned as far as politics, player reputation, guild/clan reputation, and other aspects of the old game. I've heard some very interesting stories lately that remind me of some of the complex interactions I've heard about from EVE.  This is a sign to me that the game has much more than meets the eye, and they these aspects of play are coming directly from the players as it should be with a sandbox game.

The only thing I'm worried about for U-dub is that AV has not made it a more well-rounded sandbox game.  Even though the core of this game will always be about PvP, holdings, etc., I think there is a lot of room to make it appeal to more people by expanding other elements of it.  There are some very interesting games coming down the pipeline in 2013 that are going to offer PvP *and* many more sandbox features people love.  As I said before, both Greed Monger and The Repopulation are looking very interesting to me indeed.  Especially Repop with all of the development and features they have that harken back to pre-CU SWG style gameplay including non-combat classes such as Entertainers! While I wouldn't play an entertainer in an MMO, I do appreciate the kinds of people who do, and what they bring to the game.  This goes for all kinds of non-hero gameplay classes/professions.

I'm looking forward to checking this game out, but I think it will have a lot better change of growing a large niche community if they open up their design plans to more than just PvP. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• AiiiMzAiiiMz Member UncommonPosts: 18

You know that one meal you have in that fancy restaurant that ruins the meal everywhere else?

That one movie in a genre that makes all other movies in the genre seem that bit less great?

Yeah... that is what Darkfall is to me, I have tried countless MMOs since but none gave me the same satisfaction.

Bought my copy today and am excited for beta, woop.

• Dantae87Dantae87 Member Posts: 166

ME ME ME I AM!!!! But i dont mind waiting.....

• topetstopets Member Posts: 17
    I buy, i very happy! 
  • QuittoQuitto Member Posts: 10
    im trying to layoff on my eximent factor, AV has disapointed many people in the past and will disapoint in the future.

It's good to be bad.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by engellen

^this

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    *rocks back and forth like Rainman *  Me , me , me .. 5 minutes to Wopner..Im a very good Pvpr.. 298 toothpicks
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Not really excited. Curious maybe. Excited? That I am not. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

if I actually get to play on monday im going to to die of excittement.

in thoery we download the game tommorow. if that works then chances are beta will actually start on monday

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

My blog: image

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by doragon86
    Not really excited. Curious maybe. Excited? That I am not. 

This.  I hope it sells well, we need more variety in the genre, but I'm not chomping at the bit for its release.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

I know the game is pvp oriented, but how is the PvE/group content?

Just curious.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Just curious.

I've asked this question a lot too.  From what I gather, PvE is mostly focused on resource gathering, crafting (by anyone), and supporting your group.  There aren't really PvE systems other than killing mobs for resources and stuff.  I could be wrong, but this is what people have been telling me.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Game looks absolutely awesome, ofc excited.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• Burning25Burning25 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

Just curious.

I've asked this question a lot too.  From what I gather, PvE is mostly focused on resource gathering, crafting (by anyone), and supporting your group.  There aren't really PvE systems other than killing mobs for resources and stuff.  I could be wrong, but this is what people have been telling me.

It is not PvE in your traditional go into a dungeon and work together using your unique class aiblities to kill a boss.

It is more like UO and Asheron's Call PvE, you go into dungeons(that anyone can enter, they're not instanced) kill random mobs working in a group or solo, or you're killing monsters out in the world.  There are some harder PvE encounters that take more people.  The Dragons early on took a lot of people to bring down, but as people gained more experience, it obviously would go down faster and with less people. Good groups of like 7-10 with good gear could get them down fast near the end.

PvE AI is better than most games, the monsters run, dodge, strafe to avoid projectiles.

PVE is important, you need resources to get the best gear and a lot of the PvP and sieges involve around holding good PvE areas.

• atratusatratus Member Posts: 1
    Excited for DFUW. Pre-ordered and named reserved.