Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what does the new xpac add to lower level gameplay?

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
I tried rift on the lite version, never seen another player but I assume the area you start in, is it a phased instance of some kind cuz I was in there for 30 mins and never seen a single other player. I also felt the game world felt soulless, and the monsters were kinda meh (I was defiant). What does the xpac add to lower level stuff for newer players? I think they tried too hard to copy wow, because rift has the same generic boring combat system, same generic boring dot to dot quest hub system, what does the game have that is diffrent other than the soul system? I was thinking of picking up the orignal game for 9.99, but after trying lite I am unsure, since it feels like pretty much every other boring themepark mmo released so far. That and I could just play TSW, which is kinda more intersting than rift was even at a lower level.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Although I can't answer the question posed in your title, I can say that the main "hook" of the game was to be the soul system and the rifts.

But, even as a  fan of themparks, I couldn't get into it either.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

2 things:

1.  The new souls

2.  A starter dimension.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    The new soul and dimensions. Gameplay adjustments... otherwise not too much. Not to surprising for low level stuff to not really be touched all that much for expansions, typically its much to costly with little 'yeild' for the high level players. A lot of the new content for lower levels was added actually before the expansion with Instant adventures being given ahead of time just to take advantage of it since it existed in high levels.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    The new soul and dimensions. Gameplay adjustments... otherwise not too much. Not to surprising for low level stuff to not really be touched all that much for expansions, typically its much to costly with little 'yeild' for the high level players. A lot of the new content for lower levels was added actually before the expansion with Instant adventures being given ahead of time just to take advantage of it since it existed in high levels.

This is the type of thinking thats hurting Rift big time.  

New content for lower levels?  What new content for lower levels.  IAs to make you level faster?  That doesnt help the problem, thats just for people that dont enjoy leveling to be able to do it faster.  Rift has shit the bed for people that enjoy leveling and its a reason why a game that puts out as much content as they do and is as well made is down to 8 NA servers and has had to lay off 1/3 of their staff.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    OP, if you went on the recommended server for the trial you will have only been on there with other trial players (if they picked the recommended server). Those servers are not populated by subscribers, subbers can't have characters on those servers. You can create trial/lite characters on the normal servers though where you will definately see more players.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.