Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why do people claim this game is best for pvp?

1235»

Comments

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan
    Originally posted by Kuro1n
    Originally posted by austriacus

A siege ram costs 30 supply and a catapult 50. Please stop with the BS, if you had an organised group of 5 or 6 you would be rushing with siege equipment not hitting the door.

Did I ever state we weren't using siege equipment? How about you pipe down and stop making shit up.

It doesn't take ages to down a door, even reinforced, if you have siege equipment. If you're smart and know to use your map, you will have taken the keep before the "zerg" arrives.

We took keeps with less than 10 guildies, even though there were two "zergs", one from each enemy, running around.

Then you are either night capping or playing versus the most stupid enemies considering that to take a keep you need to take down two doors and with 10 players you got the mark above your head on your enemies map. Also there is nothing about using your map, if just one organzied party arrives before you take down the door you are most likely going to have a quite bad time as the zerg will soon arrive. It's not secret that most of the time in WVW is spent trying to bash down some freaking doors, it's simply a terribly boring timesink. Having a zerg on the other hand you just run over tower after tower with same rewards and no risk of dying unless you are tanking enemies with your face.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

A siege ram costs 30 supply and a catapult 50. Please stop with the BS, if you had an organised group of 5 or 6 you would be rushing with siege equipment not hitting the door.

Did I ever state we weren't using siege equipment? How about you pipe down and stop making shit up.

It doesn't take ages to down a door, even reinforced, if you have siege equipment. If you're smart and know to use your map, you will have taken the keep before the "zerg" arrives.

We took keeps with less than 10 guildies, even though there were two "zergs", one from each enemy, running around.

Then you are either night capping or playing versus the most stupid enemies considering that to take a keep you need to take down two doors and with 10 players you got the mark above your head on your enemies map. Also there is nothing about using your map, if just one organzied party arrives before you take down the door you are most likely going to have a quite bad time as the zerg will soon arrive. It's not secret that most of the time in WVW is spent trying to bash down some freaking doors, it's simply a terribly boring timesink. Having a zerg on the other hand you just run over keep after keep with same rewards and no risk of dying unless you are tanking enemies with your face.

And you attack others for making assumptions about your play style?

Cute.

What I said in my previous post is fact, because I experienced it first hand. Whatever nonsense you can come up with, whatever imaginary stuff you make up about how I play the game, can't change that.

Assumptions have always only achieve one thing... we all know what.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Then you are either night capping or playing versus the most stupid enemies considering that to take a keep you need to take down two doors and with 10 players you got the mark above your head on your enemies map. Also there is nothing about using your map, if just one organzied party arrives before you take down the door you are most likely going to have a quite bad time as the zerg will soon arrive. It's not secret that most of the time in WVW is spent trying to bash down some freaking doors, it's simply a terribly boring timesink. Having a zerg on the other hand you just run over keep after keep with same rewards and no risk of dying unless you are tanking enemies with your face.

And you attack others for making assumptions about your play style?

Cute.

What I said in my previous post is fact, because I experienced it first hand. Whatever nonsense you can come up with, whatever imaginary stuff you make up about how I play the game, can't change that.

Assumptions have always only achieve one thing... we all know what.

So what assumption did I make about your playstyle? I said your enemies must be bad or you are not playing in primetime, maybe on a smaller server or such. Rest was just pure truth, people see the crosses they start swarming over and taking down two doors and a lord before any enemies attack you, well either you have C4 with you or it is as I stated.

No need to be so agressive because some truth gets out.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by stygianapoth

pvp in this game is just a mindless 5 man zerg for 1 of 3 points. it doesn't matter what build or character you have, it matters if you can out number the opposing factions and keep the nodes.

on top of that, there is no progression or accomplishment. gw2 offers no rewards whatsoever for being "good"

i quit after a week when the game came out because of the above points. if there is nothing to accomplish, what is the point of playing? especially when it all boils down to zerging.

WvW was a massive dissapointement but the structured PvP is the best I've seen.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

So what assumption did I make about your playstyle? I said your enemies must be bad *First assumption* or you are not playing in primetime *second assumption*, maybe on a smaller server or such *third assumption*. Rest was just pure truth *in your own mind*, people see the crosses they start swarming over and taking down two doors and a lord before any enemies attack you, well either you have C4 with you or it is as I stated.

No need to be so agressive because some truth gets out.*irony at its best*

I'm on one of the highest pop EU server (Gandara), I play at any time of the day including prime time, and we get to fight against two German realms quite often, try it, you'll see if they are bad. Hell, try to fight against two French realms with a couple of big Canadian guilds so they can cover WvW almost 24/24 without sleep/primetime problems.

So as I said, a bunch of assumptions, no facts. Stick to your own facts, don't try to imagine what other people are doing, how they play, or what they are experiencing, you'll gain a lot of credibility.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

So what assumption did I make about your playstyle? I said your enemies must be bad *First assumption* or you are not playing in primetime *second assumption*, maybe on a smaller server or such *third assumption*. Rest was just pure truth *in your own mind*, people see the crosses they start swarming over and taking down two doors and a lord before any enemies attack you, well either you have C4 with you or it is as I stated.

No need to be so agressive because some truth gets out.*irony at its best*

I'm on one of the highest pop EU server (Gandara), I play at any time of the day including prime time, and we get to fight against two German realms quite often, try it, you'll see if they are bad. Hell, try to fight against two French realms with a couple of big Canadian guilds so they can cover WvW almost 24/24 without sleep/primetime problems.

So as I said, a bunch of assumptions, no facts. Stick to your own facts, don't try to imagine what other people are doing, how they play, or what they are experiencing, you'll gain a lot of credibility.

That one line was just about circumstances and half didn't have to do with you direct but rather your setting, nothing about your playstyle. Simply that it doesn't add up that your enemies can't reach you before you break through two doors and kill their lord as you stated you could.

Also why would I be angry? I played the game and enjoyed it for a while, it's not a bad game but the pvp is lacking still I think I got my moneys worth.

EIther way you are lying or there are other special circumstances if you are saying your enemies can't get to you and defend before you break through the TWO doors AND kill a lord.

Considering these guys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yug0GVcDQE0) used 16 golems and took a keep in ~3 minutes, or maybe you just have some awesome godlike powers which blast doors off their hinges? ;)

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Hey OP, I have a simple answer for you.  For those that think this game is best for PvP it is, at least for their playstyle.  You can agree or disagree all you want.  Opinions are like A--Holes, everyone has one and they all stink but mine.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If you like BOTH tournament style pvp AND rvr style pvp and a decent side order of pve its probably best.

If you just like rvr - planetside 2 or even daoc still

If you just like tournament play gw1 if people are still playing it, though I'm sure they will improve gw2 and it will be as balanced and fun as its predecessor.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Why do some people make threads to complain about why other people like something?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by stygianapoth pvp in this game is just a mindless 5 man zerg for 1 of 3 points. it doesn't matter what build or character you have, it matters if you can out number the opposing factions and keep the nodes. on top of that, there is no progression or accomplishment. gw2 offers no rewards whatsoever for being "good" i quit after a week when the game came out because of the above points. if there is nothing to accomplish, what is the point of playing? especially when it all boils down to zerging.

Wtf game are you talking about ? GW2 5 man ZERG? where? if you talk about 50 man ZERG Ok i understand....
    No need of build for WxWxW HuH? No rewards? badges, karma silver? well they dont give you exotics but thats diferent... well i can see its just another troll thread
    Originally posted by pedrostrik

Originally posted by stygianapoth pvp in this game is just a mindless 5 man zerg for 1 of 3 points. it doesn't matter what build or character you have, it matters if you can out number the opposing factions and keep the nodes. on top of that, there is no progression or accomplishment. gw2 offers no rewards whatsoever for being "good" i quit after a week when the game came out because of the above points. if there is nothing to accomplish, what is the point of playing? especially when it all boils down to zerging.
    Wtf game are you talking about ? GW2 5 man ZERG? where? if you talk about 50 man ZERG Ok i understand....
    No need of build for WxWxW HuH? No rewards? badges, karma silver? well they dont give you exotics but thats diferent... well i can see its just another troll thread

"Your opinion is shit, mine is better!" Great! Because we totally need more of this. /rollseyes