Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rise from the grave! Asheron's Call 2!

JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showthread.php?t=57257

Greetings!

Asheron’s Call 2 has returned! We have opened up a new server for anyone who has an active Asheron’s Call subscription to play Asheron’s Call 2 for free! Although we would have loved to revisit some of our old characters with you, we were not able to bring over any of your old characters. We do, however, present this new Asheron’s Call 2 server, Dawnsong, to all active Asheron’s Call players with a paid subscription or who purchase an ACTD retail key and subscribe. 

What does this mean to you?

Below is a link to the Asheron’s Call 2 client installer so you may get the game up and running. This will provide access to the new Dawnsong server. Although the server has passed our initial tests, we have a lot of monitoring and tweaking to do to the game environment and we want to ensure that our players understand that. This game service will be provided as a beta for all players with an active Asheron’s Call account. That said, the game server is currently up and running. So join us for a nostalgic trip back to a Dereth where the golden age was not interrupted.

If you are an active paid AC1 subscriber there will be no need to create a new account for Asheron’s Call 2; you will simply log into the Asheron’s Call 2 game using your current Asheron’s Call credentials. 

Please note that this is a beta, the environment might have some known issues that we will be working on. The friend’s list functionality, for example, will not be available when this new server goes into beta. As can happen during a beta release, the server might be taken down for maintenance or troubleshooting at some inconvenient times if deemed necessary. See you in game!

Comments

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160

Been playing for a couple hours now... its been a blast so far. Sadly, I have to head out to work the nightshift and now I have 9 hours to think about playing.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

well holy shit isnt this a nice surprise.

how do I play if I dont have an active AC sub?

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

Sub to AC lol.. Two for one deal. 

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

Trying to figure that out myself.... think for 9.99 you can get the AC1 game and that lets you into the beta for AC2... not sure yet though!

• macarter0327macarter0327 Member Posts: 23
    We do, however, present this new Asheron’s Call 2 server, Dawnsong, to all active Asheron’s Call players with a paid subscription or who purchase an ACTD retail key and subscribe. 
    Originally posted by macarter0327
    We do, however, present this new Asheron’s Call 2 server, Dawnsong, to all active Asheron’s Call players with a paid subscription or who purchase an ACTD retail key and subscribe. 

Think this is the link.... 

http://gc.digitalriver.com/store/turbine/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1244200/productID.42828800

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

see the thing is, I dont want to start a new sub, I want to activate my original one, the one with 2 level 275 guys, but I cant find the info, nor does the email associated with that account even exist anymore

see the thing is, I dont want to start a new sub, I want to activate my original one, the one with 2 level 275 guys, but I cant find the info, nor does the email associated with that account even exist anymore

You would have to go through customer support then. 

Originally posted by Jyiiga

You would have to go through customer support then. 

Depending on the age of the account... you might have bigger problems. Might have a look at this link;

http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/kbanswer.asp?deptID=24001&task=knowledge&questionID=18

I can't even create an AC forum account!!

Downloading the game, but can't even build an account.

• xevanonxevanon Member UncommonPosts: 76
    No paypal option... well Asheron Call can go back to the grave!
    Originally posted by xevanon
    No paypal option... well Asheron Call can go back to the grave!

I just used paypal to pay for my sub like 10 minutes ago.

I think the biggest thing to take away from this is.. If Turbine brings this back to life and it nets them more subs and more money... Maybe other will pay attention to that. Maybe we can see other games, come back to life in one form or another. 

http://forums.ac.turbine.com/showpost.php?p=655402&postcount=111

Torrent available for the download. Helping seed it from a 100mb connection.

• Wow.

I mean this is like the total reverse of every other MMO company's behavior. 

Now SOE just needs to release the code for Galaxies as open source and we will know the Mayans were right about the world ending.  Of course I have to seriously warn the galaxies crazies, be careful what you wish for; I have head the SWG code is awful to maintain but SOE should do it anyway.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

oh my god, that's worth a one months fee just to try that again. Presuming it works.