Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Defiance: They Got Borderlands in My MMO!

13»

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Well, it sure is new and shiny.  So what's gonna keep me playing this after a month or 2?  This is why I don't get the concept of a MMOFPS(or MMOTPS).  I've never felt the need for a shooter to be "massive."  Is there any actual MMO elements besides the massive part?  Or is this just going to be a kill-fest orgy that will get boring in a month? 
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • MikotoMisakaMikotoMisaka Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    I guess the cross platform will exclude the xbox? so far microsoft have been reluctant to do anything like that. Currently the games that have cross platform play are PS3/PC, I think maybe shadowrun on 360 and windows was cross platform multiplayer?

Umm if by cross platform you mean PC/PS3/Xbox 360 players all playing on the same servers then that is not happening with any version of the game. All platforms will have there seperate servers, and, this is from someone I talked to that works at Trion and is involved in this game, you can blame Microsoft for that. Unless something has changed since then in which case disregard what i just said.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

To coin an old cliche it shows promise. Trion certainly know how to produce games, I just wonder if they can manage to come up with a compelling reason to keep shooting stuff. I hope so, but I'm not sure the TV crossover will be enough.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by DancingQueen

Meh, I don't want this, I want Borderland 3 Online.

And preferbly today. Hahahaha, just kiddin' ....I can wait.

There is no need for this sub-par clone though.

there's no better reason than

"such a game does not exist"

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    Someone said it earlier..if they can provide a incentive to keep shooting stuff then guess I'll try it..

Heck I play CoD straight until last prestige, so a little incentive I guess would go a good way for me..
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

At 4:47 of the video you can see a label for the instances at the top of the screen.

Edit: Finish the sentence.

• WrathamonWrathamon Member Posts: 1
    They probably dont want to call them DUNGEONS... since its sci-fi.
  • chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    This is more for the xbox 360/ps3 players not really pc as much since most pc players will have other games to play but this is the first mmo in along time for 360 so i think most playerbase will be from that console. Also the game isnt cross plateform its gonna be its own servers for each console and pc

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

I guess "buying your gross" is still possible even in a world where communications are so proliferant and at hand.

Oh well, rude awakenings for all come April.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Defiance plays nothing like firefall in my opinion. Defiance plays just like a Trion MMO but with guns and what seems like FPS targetting. The only way can describe firefall is that you're not holding a weapon but you actually are the weapon. Combat, weapons and movement are integrated in a way that I just haven't seen before.

As for Borderlands, Defiance shares some of the perspective through a wide varienty of loot and the Arkfall/mass attack mechanic is similar but the feel of the game world is entirely different. Annoyingly Borderlands 2 broke new ground for itself by ditching the "forever brown" look for it's exteriors and really made Pandora a lot more colorful. Trion has decided, like many others, that the phrase "post-apocalyptic" means everything seems grey and brown. Frankly this is getting boring as both firafll and borderlands have gotten away from this drab device. There is a reason that everything stops in Copacabana when the sun rises.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.