Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Update 1

iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Link to Source by RadarX: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-1.64525

Personally I am so happy to be able to get a horn for my sunderer again, and that my liberator will have a better tail defense position. I see lots of fixes for the NC Gauss Compact S (Which is my primary weapon), hopefully they fixed the "no reload" bug and not just the animation. Still TONS of performance issues and graphical server side problems that need addressing. But overall by far a GREAT update, glad to see SOE is pushing fixes quickly.

General:
  • Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.
  • New weaponry is currently being issued to all three empires. If you are looking for a new light machine gun or assault rifle, head to the Depot and check them out.
  • A number of changes have been made to Vehicle and Aircraft weaponry. Please see the Vehicle notes below.
  • Fixed a few crash bugs and provided some optimizations to improve gameplay.
  • Players may now make multiple characters on the same server.
Notable Bugfixes:
  • The NS-11 Platinum should now properly unlock medals.
  • The Facebook Promotional Weapons should now properly unlock medals.
  • Players should no longer be able to spot enemies without a line of sight.
  • The Gauss Compact S will now provide players the ability to aim down sights and strafe more accurately.
  • Destroying enemy terminals will no longer provide a Kill stat.
  • The Light Assault Jumpjet will no longer break if you run into terrain while in flight.
  • When holding down push to talk it should no longer become "stuck" when released.
  • The NS-11 will now have a sound indicating it is being reloaded.
  • Spawning a vehicle in the warpgate will no longer cause players to fall through the world.
  • The TX2 Emperor should now provide the correct damage level to targets.
Vehicles:
  • The tail gun on the Liberator is now located on the back of the tail wing and not underneath it. This provides a greater coverage for all tail gun variants.
  • Aircraft and Phalanx Turret resistance to the following weapons has been reduced:
    • M40 Fury
    • C75 Viper
    • L105 Zephyr
    • G30 Vulcan
    • M60 Bulldog
  • Personal Defense Weapons (on light aircraft only)
  • Sunderer resistance to heavy machine guns has been increased.
  • All Flak damage has been increased by 5%.
  • The Composite Armor tooltip has been adjusted to be more accurate.
Infantry Weaponry:

New Weapons:

The NS Decimator rocket launcher is now available to all empires.

Terran Republic:
The TAR will provide the best hip fire of this empires assault rifles.
The T32 Bull will provide an adaptable solution to long or short range combat but has a slow reload.

New Conglomerate:
The Carnage BR is now available. This medium-fast fire rate assault rifle has good hip fire and range limiting recoil.
The Anchor light machine gunprovided good mobility and a 45 round magazine.

Vanu Sovereignty:
The Corvus assault rifle has a slow rate of fire but compensates with deadly accuracy.
The Ursa light machine gun will provide a slightly lower rate of fire but extreme accurate fire.

General Weaponry:
  • Tank mines can now once again be deployed by throwing them reverting the change made last week.
  • Extended ammunition attachments will no longer provide more ammunition capability than intended. They all will now provide 4 more rounds.
  • A small increase in movement accuracy with iron sights was made on on slower assault rifles, carbines, and light machine guns.
  • A small decrease in movement accuracy was made with the 40 round assault rifles and carbines.
  • The NC Gauss and Gauss S now have increased projectile speed.
  • The Cycler TRV now has reduced hip fire accuracy.
  • The Razor GD-23 now has reduced recoil for the first shot.
  • The T9 CARV and CARV S now have increased equip time.
  • The LA80 projectile speed has been reduced to put it in line with the other empire sniper rifles.
Vehicle Weaponry:

Aircraft:

M20 Drake: Previously the M20 Basilisk, this weapon has increased top end damage. It also has a longer range before damage fall off occurs.

M60-A Bulldog: Previously the M60 Bulldog, this aircraft weapon has had the following changes:
  • Magazine size has been reduced from 10 to 6.
  • Magazine size certifications now 1 round per rank increase.
  • Projectile speed has been increased
  • Direct hit damage has been increased
  • Splash damage will no longer damage heavy armor.
  • The M60-A has a faster projectile than its ground based variant the M-60G.
A30 Walker: This is now the air variant of the Walker weapon system.
  • The reticule and first person tracer have been changed to make them easier to see.
  • Projectile speed is slower but drop has been reduced.
  • Damage has been increased overall.
Light Aircraft Rocketpods:
  • Blast radius in which maximum damage occurs has been reduced. This does not change the size of the blast radius.
  • Damage against Sunderers and Aircraft have been reduced.
  • Significantly reduced damage against Phalanx turrets.
Liberator AP30 Shredder:
  • Damage has been increased at close ranges.
  • Magazine size has been increased to 50.
Reaver Air Hammer:
  • The projectile spread has been tightened up.
  • Damage per projectile has been increased.
  • Damage fall off will occur at a further distance.
Ground Weaponry:

The Lightning Skyguard Turret has increased projectile speed and it's reticule has been adjusted to use the Terran Republic Burster MAX reticule.

C75 Viper:
  • Direct hit damage increased
  • Increased maximum blast radius damage
M40 Fury:
  • Reduced damage against heavy armor.
  • Upped direct hit damage and blast damage.
Anti-Personnel Phalanx Turret:
  • Cone of Fire tightened up a bit
  • Slight adjustments to heat. Will cool off a bit faster and take a little bit longer to overheat.
  • Pushed out range where projectiles start to lose damage significantly.
World:
  • The main shields at Tech Plants are now operated by two generators in the outlying buildings. These shields now have icons that display the status of the generators.
  • Frostbite Harbor Spawn Room now has a pain field.
  • The grav pads at the Dahaka Amp Station western forward spawn are now functional.
  • Players are no longer able to spawn at Sungrey Amp Station when the SCU has been destroyed.
  • Enemy projectiles will no longer go through the Biolab Gate Shields.
  • Players still in a vehicle once the pilot has logged off will no longer disconnect.
  • The Phalanx Turret has increased projectile speed and it's reticule has been adjusted to use the MAX burster reticule.
UI:
  • The Regen benefit of a Biolab will now display on the Tab scoreboard.
  • All Heavy Assault ability items are now using unique icons.
  • Platoons should now longer state they are “full” when all squads have squad leaders and there is still room for more members.
  • SAS-R and Impetus optics will now display a description when hovering over with a mouse.
  • The TS4 Haymaker and FA1 Barrage now have a tooltip when mousing over the progress bar.
  • Moving a player to another squad will no longer boot them from a Squad/Platoon locked vehicle.
  • Players removed from a Squad or Platoon channel will no longer be able to use that channel.
  • Unoccupied Phalanx Turrets should now display “Press [E] to Enter” messaging.
Visual:
  • The NS-11 Platinum and Ns-11A rifles are no longer the same color.
  • The Sunderer Smoke Screen will no longer hide decals.
  • Lightning Hood Ornaments will no longer be placed on top of decals.
  • New Conglomerate African Forest Weapon Camo no longer displays Vanu Sovereignty coloring.
  • A MAX unit will no longer appear to float while descending on a Grav Pad.
  • Purchased Weapon Camo will no longer be cleared when a weapon trial ends.
  • The Engineering Repair tool is now black.
  • Main Battle Tank and Lightning armor should no longer cover decals.
  • The Lasher magazine will now reload and no longer “floats” if the player is sprinting.
  • The NC Gauss Compact S Underbarrel weapons will now show a reloading animation correctly.
  • A player will no longer siplay headless and frozen in a riding pose when killed on a Quad.

TwitchTV: iNeoki

Comments

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    And yet no actual fixes for the performance problems of the game. The non rendering of people who are two feet in front of you, yet they see you and kill you. The hit detection issues that are absolutely horrible in this game. Most people wont even understand why they died in this game, its not because they suck, its because the game itself is so screwed up that you honestly didnt have a chance for a fair fight to begin with.  There are serious issues that should be addressed before they give you a freaking horn for your vehicle. Lets fix the performance issues then give people their stupid vanity items!
  • MasterKush818MasterKush818 Member Posts: 26
    ok well i play planetside 2 and it doesnt have THAT MANY ISSUES but yes it has been plagued with aimbotters...people who dont choose to play as a team and communicate....its good if you get in a squad and get stuff done...but once the zerging starts its so boring....and after the double xp weekend aka catch a aimbotter weekend population is down...im done  spending money on ps2...im only 20 in so its all good i can go in with reaver rockets and blow stuff up if i want or dual burster max and harass air. the problems with games these days are also the people who play them. most anti social generation ever....if your not on someones facebook they dont talk. weirdos.
    Originally posted by MasterKush818
    ok well i play planetside 2 and it doesnt have THAT MANY ISSUES but yes it has been plagued with aimbotters...people who dont choose to play as a team and communicate....its good if you get in a squad and get stuff done...but once the zerging starts its so boring....and after the double xp weekend aka catch a aimbotter weekend population is down...im done  spending money on ps2...im only 20 in so its all good i can go in with reaver rockets and blow stuff up if i want or dual burster max and harass air. the problems with games these days are also the people who play them. most anti social generation ever....if your not on someones facebook they dont talk. weirdos.

yet it does have the exact issues I mentioned earlier. Considering how often those issues arise, that is a LOT of issues. This is a fighting game, if you can't see the people your fighting against, then what good is it to play the game? Many people don't even know this problem exists due to how fast the fighting is. I honestly can't tell you how many times I have ran up on someone looking out the window, I unload a full clip into them and they turn around and shoot me and kill me with 1-3 shots and when the window shows up, I have only barely dented their shields or maybe even got them half hurt, yet the game tells me that my shots are hitting every time. How about I see a guy come around the corner, I shoot him with half a clip IN THE FACE and he shoots me twice and I am dead and he onyl has 3 clicks of his shield removed. This is not a random occurance, it happens all the freaking time. I am not the only one who sees these problems, there are lots of comments on the main forums about it and sont refuses to talk about these issues.

Originally posted by aktalat
    Originally posted by DoomsDay01
    And yet no actual fixes for the performance problems of the game. The non rendering of people who are two feet in front of you, yet they see you and kill you. The hit detection issues that are absolutely horrible in this game. Most people wont even understand why they died in this game, its not because they suck, its because the game itself is so screwed up that you honestly didnt have a chance for a fair fight to begin with.  There are serious issues that should be addressed before they give you a freaking horn for your vehicle. Lets fix the performance issues then give people their stupid vanity items!

Huh? My rig is core i7 and 18gb ram a Dell XPS graphics workstation, never had a problem once with rendering or seeing anyone (?) are you sure it's not just a problem on your end?

Positive. I have a core i7 with 12gb of ram and have never had these issues in any fps I have played. I aint the only one having these problems, just read the general threads, you will see lots of folks complaining about this stuff. My fps in the game stays around 30-50 and may drop down to around 25 in big fights. its not a fps issue its a problem with their games rendering. I can't tell you how many times I have had a random vehicle just show up in front of me as I am running around a building. No it didnt drive up in front of me, it appeared out of thin air, already deployed and just sitting there two feet in front of me. I bet its happening to you to and you just haven't realized it yet.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

It was announced way in advance that this would not be a performance patch.

But I guess, if they had made this a performance patch, someone would come here and reply with "Geez, its been 3 weeks already and STILL no content added? LOLSOEFAIL!!!".

Originally posted by BizkitNL

But I guess, if they had made this a performance patch, someone would come here and reply with "Geez, its been 3 weeks already and STILL no content added? LOLSOEFAIL!!!".

LOL I do agree with that statement. They can't win either way, but in all seriousness, performance should come way before vanity items and with a game that was NOT ready to be released when it was, that should have been top priority.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

LOL I do agree with that statement. They can't win either way, but in all seriousness, performance should come way before vanity items and with a game that was NOT ready to be released when it was, that should have been top priority.

Ah, I see you show your true colours. What's next? "PS1 is better"?

Ah, I see you show your true colours. What's next? "PS1 is better"?

Nah, There were things I enjoyed in ps1 but I was not a huge fan of ps1. And what true colors are we talking about? the fact that I played in the last beta and saw the issues that plagued the game and couldn't believe they would relase such a buggy game? I don't mind bugs that much really, but what I do mind is performance issues in an FPS game. If you can't see your enemy, how can you possibly kill him? In a game that is 100% combat based, I think this is an extremely important thing to have working right before you do a massive release of the game. This patch was 2gig in size and yet does nothing in terms of fixing this main issue and you think I have an agenda because I was in beta? I just want to be able to have a fair fight and may the best man win.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Actually I'm sure most will think that the rocket and airpower balancing is way more important then your performance issue - since your issue is not prevalent (in fact, it might just be on your end even though you SAY it is not) and the fact that overpowered rocket spam affects everyone who is playing the game.

I've never seen non-rendering of people 2 feet in front of me. I've seen some skipping issue and once in a long while, fps drop (but that quickly went away) but that's about it.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Not being able to see the enemy right in front of you provides more of a challenge. It's actually a good thing.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Actually I'm sure most will think that the rocket and airpower balancing is way more important then your performance issue - since your issue is not prevalent (in fact, it might just be on your end even though you SAY it is not) and the fact that overpowered rocket spam affects everyone who is playing the game.

I've never seen non-rendering of people 2 feet in front of me. I've seen some skipping issue and once in a long while, fps drop (but that quickly went away) but that's about it.

So you can tell me that you have been able to see every person that killed you? You have never run into having the drop on someone and shooting them and they win and you havent even damaged them? I like how you put it that because you dont think you have seen it that it MUST only be me. Again, if you don't believe me, go to planetsides forums, there are lots of people, especially people who play fps games a lot, that notice these hit detection issues and rendering problems. Here is one video, not by me, that demonstrates the rendering issue pretty well. Also note at the end how he was killed after he had already dropped behind cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUcMP2b3734

Just in case you don't know what you are looking at. Notice how the enemy suddenly appear and disappear and they are only a few meters away from the guy. Once they disappear, he couldnt shoot them at all because his client doesn't see them so he in fact can not damage them at all.

There are tons of balancing issues they need to do of many weapon types, but maybe you are one of those that was more excited about getting a horn for your sunderer then you were about that rocketpod spam.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

Huh? My rig is core i7 and 18gb ram a Dell XPS graphics workstation, never had a problem once with rendering or seeing anyone (?) are you sure it's not just a problem on your end?

Positive. I have a core i7 with 12gb of ram and have never had these issues in any fps I have played. I aint the only one having these problems, just read the general threads, you will see lots of folks complaining about this stuff. My fps in the game stays around 30-50 and may drop down to around 25 in big fights. its not a fps issue its a problem with their games rendering. I can't tell you how many times I have had a random vehicle just show up in front of me as I am running around a building. No it didnt drive up in front of me, it appeared out of thin air, already deployed and just sitting there two feet in front of me. I bet its happening to you to and you just haven't realized it yet.

well congratz you have 25 fps on best cpu on the market :)

Originally posted by saurus123

well congratz you have 25 fps on best cpu on the market :)

In a game that is not optomized and has hundreds of players on the screen, that is actually pretty dang good!