Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Followup

Cstahler92Cstahler92 ormond beach, FLPosts: 93Member

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3451

I don't believe that they found out at the last minute. The whole "We don't have a playable build." and "We are working on a playable beta build!" leads me to believe that they knew.

Comments

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Wayout, DEPosts: 529Member
    Originally posted by Cstahler92

I don't believe that they found out at the last minute. The whole "We don't have a playable build." and "We are working on a playable beta build!" leads me to believe that they knew.

I have builds which are not viable all the time on release day.  Stuff happens.

• You may not have fixed somehting you thought wouldd  work
    • Your fix might not have passed final testing
    • Your fixes may have cuased a regression

This  is all routine  in development.  It is especially hard when you don't have 250 developers like Arenanet or WoW.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 ormond beach, FLPosts: 93Member
    Originally posted by BuniontToes

This  is all routine  in development.  It is especially hard when you don't have 250 developers like Arenanet or WoW.

It came down to the point where they didn't even have a playable beta for it and they have an ETA of the 17th. There is no way that they just found out that they can't even launch a playable build the day of and if you are going to launch a fix (That cna possibly screw up the launch version so abdly that you don't even have a playable build) then maybe you should implement that fix a little earlier or at the very least announce: "Hey, we might not meet the date. We are implementing a huge patch that could set us back a week or so. This is not 100%, but we feel as if we should at the evry least warn you and have you expect the worst possible case."

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden gdfgfPosts: 4,333Member
    Originally posted by BuniontToes

Apologetic and hypocritic.

I could show you very recent posts from 2 days ago from supporter for how this build dont have to be tested at all  ??! 

So what now , from doesnt have to be tested at all now its a wise decision to not launch it at all.

ridiculous.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)