Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] The Secret World: Joel Bylos On the 'Buy to Play' Change

2»

Comments

• ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78
    Good move, I'm very happy with this as a Lifetimer. The one thing the game needs most is new players, avery move that brings them in is much appreciated. The game itself was and is great and as long as the future content patches maintain the quality they had over the last couple of month The Secret World will have a good Future. Thanks Joel!
  • SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

The lack of corporate spin on this announcement is refreshing, taking a "no bullshit" approach works in FunCom's favour quite well I think.

A strong interview, it will be interesting to see what the TSW critics of it's sub model will be using as their next excuse to tear down what is undoubtedly one of the more unique games on the MMO market today.

• John_GrimmJohn_Grimm Member UncommonPosts: 14

Excelent news. I bought the game and subed for couple of months, but i couldn't realy justify the mothly fee to myself, so i quit.

I'll defenatly be returning and i'll check the shop too, i wont mind spending 5 bucks a month there, if there is nice stuff to purchase.

Steel and Iron guard me well,
    or else i'm doomed and damned
    to Hell!

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Thumbs up on this move. All I have to say...
  • AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420
    Updating it right now.  TSW felt great as a secondary game for me, and I'll absolutely be playing it again now.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.

• xenomxenom Member UncommonPosts: 116

was on the fence with tsw, now bought it and i am really enjoying myself so far :)

good move FC

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878

I'm usually against moves away from subscriptions, but in this case I think it is a great move (and has been done 'right').

TSW is ceratinly a good game, but to me the gameplay just didn't work for a subscription model (part of the reason I quit). With a heavy focus on story, atmosphere, puzzle solving, and horizontal progression I wanted to take my time and ponder things while outside of the game... but with a subscription fee looming each month I just felt rushed.

Only hope the world doesn't end before my new computer arrives...