Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GAME DELAYED, real

124»

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I guess I haven't been burned by them in the past, aside from the original game sucking massive dick.
  • CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    I laughed so hard at "we have a firm ETA of December 17th". Haha, this company is a joke.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Now its a official paid beta test i had predicted.

Don't trust Tasos, Iraqi infromation minister , they dont have any other build then the one in debug mode ;)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

I'm not really following this game, but I've glanced more than a few comments about how this is like, 'the best game evah!!', and how it's definitely going to be released on time, and rock the MMO world!

So the vaunted release didn't happen? *snigger*

Seriously, I hope you DF fans get your game.

But.. *chuckle giggle* Can we call it Darkfail now? :D

Oh go on.. please?

• egotripegotrip Member Posts: 875

Originally posted by Cecropia

Crap news, and it would have been nice if it had been delivered in a more professional manner, but this will ultimately benefit the game when it finally fucking releases.

I said I was going to throw a mild hissy fit if we got a second delay, but instead I'm going to settle for wearing a dirty smirk while I peruse the net, and I'll probably be clicking my mouse with a noticeable amount of aggression.

There goes my dream of spending Christmas in Agon image

I wonder what would Dr.Phil say about that ? 

Iiii-iiiiiit's.... me!!! *Hooray*

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Celusios
    I laughed so hard at "we have a firm ETA of December 17th". Haha, this company is a joke.

'A firm estimate' made me chuckle as well. :)

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Hate to say I told you so... This is nothing less then a epic fail. Hell, epic fail is even to kind. This is beyond bad. They knew this, before tonight, and could have said this earlier. Not that it would have made much difference. Still horrible. Big freaking smoke screen from AV these last few days making us hope. This ain´t a last minute decision.  Sux...

Oh get the heck out of here with that.  You can defend SV who did the same thing with awakening, yet come over here spewing this trash about AV.  At least be hard on the both of em.  I think it sucks too, especially cuz they waited the day off.  

What? I haven´t defended shit about Awakening launch time. I don´t even remember SV ever giving a date like AV did twice, for their launch of Awakening, or that they on the same day as the launch was suppose to happen, said it will be delayed even further. Do show me that and me defending it.

And if you have read my posts both here and on MO forum I was excited for DF:UW as well. I´m not a "it´s one sandbox only for me"-type of guy. I love sandboxes in general, and really wanted to test it. And I, just as most, felt like AV spat in our face with telling us about the delay the very last day. It stinks. And I don´t defend that from any1. Not even IF SV would have done it. You can see several post from me on MO forums where I´m critical to SV doing stuff. So I have every right to be just as disapointed by how AV handled this as anyone else. Your to blinded by your hate to SV to see the shit AV pours in your face. Sad.

I will still test DF:UW when it comes out. But it will be with a bitter taste in my mouth. Everything that I thought was gonna be cool with this launch will be ruined with the BETA test. A BETA-test AV didn´t want cause they didn´t want anyone getting the upper hand from testing stuff b4 launch. Now only a limited people will get into the BETA, and all those will have a upper hand to the rest. It just sux rly freaking hard. So it´s all just sad freaking excuses for from AV to buy more time. I guess it like the Monkeys song "God only knows" when DF:UW will come out. Let´s hope third time is a charm...

• bloodbonebloodbone Member Posts: 142

With solid business practices like AV has displayed the last few weeks you wonder how Greece could be on the precipice of financial ruin ;)

Originally posted by Vesavius

No kidding dude... 

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by bloodbone

With solid business practices like AV has displayed the last few weeks you wonder how Greece could be on the precipice of financial ruin ;)

I am still amazed to this day that anyone defends this quote "company" and their quote "games" as anything other than complete and total garbage.

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Hate to say I told you so... This is nothing less then a epic fail. Hell, epic fail is even to kind. This is beyond bad. They knew this, before tonight, and could have said this earlier. Not that it would have made much difference. Still horrible. Big freaking smoke screen from AV these last few days making us hope. This ain´t a last minute decision.  Sux...

Oh get the heck out of here with that.  You can defend SV who did the same thing with awakening, yet come over here spewing this trash about AV.  At least be hard on the both of em.  I think it sucks too, especially cuz they waited the day off.  

What? I haven´t defended shit about Awakening launch time. I don´t even remember SV ever giving a date like AV did twice, for their launch of Awakening, or that they on the same day as the launch was suppose to happen, said it will be delayed even further. Do show me that and me defending it.

And if you have read my posts both here and on MO forum I was excited for DF:UW as well. I´m not a "it´s one sandbox only for me"-type of guy. I love sandboxes in general, and really wanted to test it. And I, just as most, felt like AV spat in our face with telling us about the delay the very last day. It stinks. And I don´t defend that from any1. Not even IF SV would have done it. You can see several post from me on MO forums where I´m critical to SV doing stuff. So I have every right to be just as disapointed by how AV handled this as anyone else. Your to blinded by your hate to SV to see the shit AV pours in your face. Sad.

I will still test DF:UW when it comes out. But it will be with a bitter taste in my mouth. Everything that I thought was gonna be cool with this launch will be ruined with the BETA test. A BETA-test AV didn´t want cause they didn´t want anyone getting the upper hand from testing stuff b4 launch. Now only a limited people will get into the BETA, and all those will have a upper hand to the rest. It just sux rly freaking hard. So it´s all just sad freaking excuses for from AV to buy more time. I guess it like the Monkeys song "God only knows" when DF:UW will come out. Let´s hope third time is a charm...

Great post. I'm also tired of these people bashing SV. To them it's one or the other (MO or DF). Honestly, both companies are taking a giant crap on Sandboxes. We all back these games because it is the only two of its kind. Now, if a reputable company actually developed a sandbox of similarity everyone would abandon these two titles for it.

Also to be fair, SV did fail on their launch date for Awakening. I remember playing early on in the year and them promising it was coming within a month in which it failed that launch by 3-4 months. Sure they never came out and gave a "firm ETA of x" but they did portray it arriving within a month several times throughout the forums. AV however like idiots tried to give dates that they honestly seem to have no rush to get to. They feel they can give the community launch dates and simply avoid them just because a "few minor things" need changing. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if this new delay was intentional. From a business prospective it's a good way to generate hype and get an assload of pre-orders in to make them feel 'special' in some sort of beta/headstart. 

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Vesavius

No kidding dude... 

Saturday's announcement:

"We are sorry, but we are delaying the release of preorders yesterday. We have yet to decide the price, the benefits, the cover art, the beta name, and the price of subscription. More on this on Monday."

Sensible community:

"Are you kidding me????"

Satisfied with anything community:

"Thanks for the heads up! Keep doing a great job!"

Darkfall Fanbois:

"All of you guys are haters! Grow up! AV is doing a great job! You guys are children lololololololol! I can wait! AV doesn't woe you anything! AV don't listne to these peons! You are greeeetest!!!! Stoopid hater kids Ill be lootin' u when it comes out next month!"

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Sure, I can see why they delay it and I am not sad about that. But what I am angry at, is that they are announcing this the day before the release! They give us false hopes and I am sure that a lot of people took some days off from work, to play this game. The company might to everything they can, but the communication with the community regarding this, is absolutely unacceptable! Instead, they could just say something like: 

"There is no official release date as for now, but the game will be out within 1-2 months!"

Go ahead and argue against me! But honestly, this is not a nice move by AV to the community, even if is the best for the game and it's future......

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,627
    Many threads ago, when DF:UW was first announced to release this month, I laughed.  I said they will do this at least three more times before finally coming to a release date which will be Mid Q1-Q2 of next year and that is me being generous.
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"