Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats with the new advert?

Pay once, play forever is the slogan showing up on the mmorpg website adspace for the secret world, however I can't see anywhere that its going btp (which i must say is what that slogan sounds like its saying) can anyone explain to me what is up with this?

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Lifetime sub thing
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    any links? because all the ad does is take you to 29.99 game purchase with 30 free days of play.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Grandmaster Pack, as far as I remember it can be added to an existing account, game purchase was required.

Proud owner here :D love my snakeskin outfit, but still waiting on the second version

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

It may be there marketing department wanting more folks to sign up for there Life-Time subscription before they make it free to play.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    while i like the my lifetime sub ,you are not going to get more going for it so why plug it..especially at £160 which is 14-15 months sub fee..unless they have dropped the price dramatically basically making it b2p.which i would applaud.because i think a heck of a lot of peeps would go for.not sure what they are trying to advertise here but i,m sure we will find out in the next few days.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Whats with the new advert?

What's with the new thread? :) (there's an another one about this already)

Edit: but to avoid off-topicness, I think it's only a joke, like the Joel video. But if they really put some sale on the Grandmaster pack before the world ends... that would be nice. Only if we still alive on the 22th to enjoy it, of course :)

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    If you read the micro-print you'll probably find that "terms and conditions" includes "offer subject to the world ending on 21.12.2012"
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.