Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this week in the SWTOR soap opera

Comments

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by mikahr
    Originally posted by apocoluster

I feel sorry for those who actually bought character slots...I had all 8 of my alts started before I quit in Feb...Even not buying new slots I still have access to all my toons..havent spent a dime on slots.

Except that you will be limited to 6 and will have to buy 2 slots to have access to all 8 (or sub).

Yes, its coming :)

6 really...I thought I was only supposed to have two slots as a froob..6 is fine..and totally explains my situation too.  Thanks.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

I'm not surprised they don't make events around the cartel coin merchandise, because many players would complain that previous events didn't require the spending of cartel coins.  I think anytime they link the game in a material way to the cartel coin market, it will really annoy people. 

Second, let's all be honest and recognize that the game needs to make more money to justify the cost of making it, so it's no surprise that they have done a lot of things to encourage people to spend money on cartel coins.  

What needs to be done is to encourage the developers to make the game better like an Ilum revamp and more balance between the DPS classes and better frame-rates and see if they can get their paid subscription numbers higher.  Unfortunately, history isn't with them because once players leave, they don't often come back even after the game has been improved. 

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

i dont blame EA alone,,i know BW dropped it too,,,but it was unde EA management

knowing that EA have so many resources,,they should have waited another year and finished the core game

BEFORE launch,,then they could have made the biggest cash cow in MMO

but greed,,or cautiousness mad ethem cave to investors, and put it out as it was

the results are as we see it now,,a dying game on life support, while the fanbois

are egostroking each other,,some of them have have been whining about SWG from day one

and when the next SW MMO is out,,be sure to to hear:

"SWG pre CU was the the best game EVER"

"no, that sucked, CU was WAY better"

"WRONG,,it COULDNT have been better , than SWtor"

perhaps third time is the lucky one,,but those guys will try to ruin it from launch

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by ImperialSun

Yah, its an event without actual...you know...event lol.

Really would like to know which geniouses work at EA and let this kind of thing get out :)

But now it seems that when they announce event it means a new gambling pack in Cartel shop.

Protip for you:

EA/Bioware have NEVER announced an event for Life Day.

All that has happened is that some Life Day items were data mined and fans assumed there would be an event. Made posts about it and as such it became a true story.

Not one announcement from Bioware has ever been made around a Life Day event in game.

But still, don't let inconvenient things like facts get in the way or your trolling :)

Driz

They never announced any of their other events too.

The number of dissapointed people is...big...even fanbois were in disbelief...but but but...there will be an event in a week or so...there must be..., except few shills spout some nonsense. Just pop over to official forums, its a massacre, and thats with threads dissapearing lef and right :)

Sorry that people put some faith in EA and end up in dissapointment.

And im pretty sure Hickman announced Life Day event in one of the interviews, but he obviously didnt mean actual ingame event but who cares. People end up dissapinted becuase of their slopiness and inability to clearly communicate anything to their playerbase.

So instead improving that they go to silence/ignorance mode. How stupid is that? THATS the problem with them.

They announced the Grand Acquisition Event. Players were complaining that with no announcement, they were missing content, so they actually announced first about week or two before event that there will be one sometime in near future, and then announced it right before it started.

They did not announce The Rakghoul Invasion and there were many complaints about it. Honestly I think they really should re-introduce this event.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Deewe
    Originally posted by simplius

yea they banned me from forums, while andryah get to continue to spin EAs moneygrab

the market was ready for a STAR WARS MMO,,they made it , and sold it

stupidly enough, i bought it,,a waste of of money

after the 2 week honeymoon, this game only has lightsabers left,,and theyre bugged too

their "space missions" is a joke,,look at STO

some of the stories was good,,,but mostly it was star trek episode quality

if this game cost 200 mio to make,,i wonder how much of that went DIRECTLY  into EAs own pockets

maybe ill play a EA game again,,but not withoui at least 14 days trial

the STAR WARS IP has suffered a lot because of this,,GG EA

Andryah is one of the very few I put on ignore long ago and never missed it since then.

You just can't discuss with this person. Reading his posts was a pure waste of time.

Back to TOR, please don't blame EA for TOR. I mean well blame them for not having stepped in the game management earlier as well BioWare wasted milions of dollars without supervision from EA and delivered poorly in the end.

I blame EA 200% for TOR

1) Bioware created 10/10 quality games before EA for over a decade with each game they made and now with this they are suddenly crap and incompetent? I do not buy it and 2) It was admitted by Dallas Dickinson / EA that they gutted the game to get it released, and not Bioware

EA did not step in to make the game better, they stepped in to get the game released sooner. I think Bioware created an awesome game, but EA with Dallas Dickinson stepped in 6 months before release and cut a load of the game out, making devs cry, so they could get the game released before competition of Pandaria, GW2 and a few other games.  We will never know how good the game would have been if the game was not cut down, but if devs really cried over it, it must have been something awesome.

yes BW made some great game in the past,,so did EA,,but this wasnt one of them

both their names is on the box,,theyre both guilty,,to what extent the lawyers will prolly work on that

the professionals should have seen it coming , and quit while they could,,this wont look good in their CVs

and no,,, MMO business isnt in decline at all,,look at all the new MMOs just in the last year

players are just getting spread more thinly now, with so many games to choose from

right now im splitting my time between GW2 and STO,,they have both improved A LOT since launch

SWTOR is heading the other way,,FULL SPEED AHEAD;;DAMN THE TORPEDOES

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I still dont understand how they spent 250+ million on this game.

yes BW made some great game in the past,,so did EA,,but this wasnt one of them

both their names is on the box,,theyre both guilty,,to what extent the lawyers will prolly work on that

BW made every game in the past great / above average. EA games were always mixed but usually average / below average. They have also ruined every company they acquired. Bioware focussed on making quality games, EA focuses on maximising profit for little effort.

The only thing Bioware is quilty of is taking time over developing TOR, and making their games with the highest quality, instead of rushing it to get it out of the door to get a quick buck, except that did not fall in line with EAs way of doing things, and they had to step in and  gut what Bioware did, just to get it released sooner. If Bioware had total control over TOR, it would not have been release until late in 2012.

BW won't make any great games now, considering the main people that made BW great have left and even out of gaming altogether. All that is left of Bioware are EA replacements, and any game released under Bioware will be by name only, and EA will release more games and use the Bioware name to sell it, when it won't be a Bioware game at heart.

sooo,,,BW never made a fumble, before EA took over?,,if that was true,,BW would have taken over EA

yes i know BW had a good hit ratio,,but perfect? hardly

yes i still have baldurs gate and dragon age,,but do i play them anymore? no because games evolved since then

right now GW2 and STO is taking most of my time,,if we could somehow transmogrif those two with the star wars ip,,

Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    I still dont understand how they spent 250+ million on this game.

they sure wasnt spent on the game,,if 250 is the number

seeing how GW2  is comparing to SWTOR in quality,,theyre simply in different leagues

and the latest cartel disaster is driving away subs now,,theyre tanking even faster

i dont think they will see the next christmas,,i hope the IP is ready for a new try in 2015

sooo,,,BW never made a fumble, before EA took over?,,if that was true,,BW would have taken over EA

yes i still have baldurs gate and dragon age,,but do i play them anymore? no because games evolved since then

right now GW2 and STO is taking most of my time,,if we could somehow transmogrif those two with the star wars ip,,

BW did fumble they let themselves be bought by EA. EA are bigger than BW, but not better, and BW did not have enough money to take over EA, but EA had the money to buy BW

All their games without EA were 100% perfect (as close to perfect as any company has ever gotten). It is the sole reason SWTOR sold 2 million copies at launch.

Once they let EA buy them, they were no longer in control of what they did, and Bioware became no more and just a division of EA. Since EA their games just got weaker and weaker.

Originally posted by superniceguy

BW did fumble they let themselves be bought by EA. EA are bigger than BW, but not better, and BW did not have enough money to take over EA, but EA had the money to buy BW

All their games without EA were 100% perfect (as close to perfect as any company has ever gotten). It is the sole reason SWTOR sold 2 million copies at launch.

Once they let EA buy them, they were no longer in control of what they did, and Bioware became no more and just a division of EA. Since EA their games just got weaker and weaker.

Well with core of BW gone maybe they can form another studio and get working on games again....call it FUEA  :)

• NukewrkNukewrk Member Posts: 18

sooo,,,BW never made a fumble, before EA took over?,,if that was true,,BW would have taken over EA yes i know BW had a good hit ratio,,but perfect? hardly yes i still have baldurs gate and dragon age,,but do i play them anymore? no because games evolved since then right now GW2 and STO is taking most of my time,,if we could somehow transmogrif those two with the star wars ip,,

Why do some still come on and hijack every single SWTOR and turn it into a bash of EA, the player of SWTOR, or the game. These players have no clue, no knowledge of the game yet whine, cry, pout because it closed their precious SWG, or took players away from another game. Why do you care about SWTOR so much that for over a year now you still are pouting? Why do you care so much that a lot of people are enjoying a VIDEO GAME!! Move on already...
    Originally posted by Nukewrk

Why do some still come on and hijack every single SWTOR and turn it into a bash of EA, the player of SWTOR, or the game. These players have no clue, no knowledge of the game yet whine, cry, pout because it closed their precious SWG, or took players away from another game. Why do you care about SWTOR so much that for over a year now you still are pouting? Why do you care so much that a lot of people are enjoying a VIDEO GAME!! Move on already...

if people didnt bash, whine or cry...these forums would be silent  :)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Because its the best example yet of how not to run a mmo
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Because its the best example yet of how not to run a mmo

Hmm weird its probably in the top five of population with mmos. Must just be so horrible. Maybe if all the pouters got together and made "the best example" of an mmo, they wouldnt spend so much time pouting over a VIDEO GAME a lot of people enjoy and a VIDEO GAME they don't even play!!
  • wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

So here is what we do as a community.  We get together on our servers and hold a life day.  We buy their Cartel Market fireworks and decorated life day themed speeders and equipment and go nuts.  We crowd the cities and party like it's the end of the world...because if we let crap like this upset us and rage quit over it.  That's what it will be...the end of the game.

Edit:  Btw I'm a returning player starting over.  Look for me in game on Jedi Covenant.   Manial, Sith Marauder.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I did play it

For about 2 weeks, it was just a sub par space wow / space bar pressing simulator hybrid.

It may be in top 5, but its the most expensive game ever made.
    Originally posted by wildtalent

So here is what we do as a community.  We get together on our servers and hold a life day.  We buy their Cartel Market fireworks and decorated life day themed speeders and equipment and go nuts.  We crowd the cities and party like it's the end of the world...because if we let crap like this upset us and rage quit over it.  That's what it will be...the end of the game.  

The people "raging" over this and the supposed space mission now end game (last week it was the worst feature ever in an mmo) cant keep these people "facts" straight anymore. But the people raging DON'T PLAY swtor they just spend a ridiculous amout of time whining, crying and pouting over a VIDEO GAME, not sure i said this a VIDEO GAME THEY DONT PLAY!!
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

I did play it

For about 2 weeks, it was just a sub par space wow / space bar pressing simulator hybrid.

It may be in top 5, but its the most expensive game ever made.

Ok there is no issue you didnt like it. There are a few mmos I tried that I didnt like. Not saying you but why do the ones who played it for two weeks or a day over a year ago still come on and hijack every post. Swtor is so far from the worst Mmo and playing for two weeks sure does not give you enough credibility to call it that.
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Well you'll notice with me that I rarely bash the game itself and personally play it still and have been subscribed since early access and still have my Malgus CE statue on top of my pc.  However, I will continue to call out EA as much as needs be because as someone else has said, they are setting a prime example of how not to run an MMO. The biggest budget MMO in history if not game in history has gone f2p and taken a step towards a p2w path in less than a year of launch.. while I personally still find enjoyment by treating the game as a sp game with co-op and competitive mp, it doesn't change the fact it's one of the biggest failures in MMO history with all things considered.  Most of the failures blame lay with EA or BW which many of us think are run by EA now anyway. 

Also top 5 MMO populations? No chance.. do you have any idea how popular MMOs are in countries like Korea or China?  Maybe in western countries it's a top 5 played MMO but I wonder if that's an indication of the overall quality of the game or the IP it's attached to?

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by apocoluster

if people didnt bash, whine or cry...these forums would be silent  :)

It would be more quite, but at least there would be far more meaningful discussion going on. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by wildtalent

The people "raging" over this and the supposed space mission now end game (last week it was the worst feature ever in an mmo) cant keep these people "facts" straight anymore. But the people raging DON'T PLAY swtor they just spend a ridiculous amout of time whining, crying and pouting over a VIDEO GAME, not sure i said this a VIDEO GAME THEY DONT PLAY!!

Oh, I don't know about that.  There seem to be a number of people playing a number of games on the market that enjoy just complaining about them as loudly as possible, here and in their game of choice's general chat.  

But my point still stands.  Developers have a lot to do with a game's ambiance and are largely responsible for in game events but they don't have to be solely responsible.  We as a game's community can band together and create in game events as well.  

Now clearly we can't craft quests (at least not in SWTOR) but a celebratory event is easily achievable for a community that wants it.

dude,,relax,,we can agree on two things: EA is the plague of games and BW was a leading game company before

EA takeover,,another competitor in the dust,,how many are  on EAs scorelist now?

and the fact that some of SWTOR team are the ones from warhammer,,nuff said

this game was a moneygrab from EA,,and they got rid of BW too   double strike

so 6 months subs and 3 months total playtime doesnt give any clues about the game?? i was even i prelaunch

i didnt play SWG,, from what ive heard, there was good reasons for shutting it down

how ever , from day one the forums have been filled those claiming that SWG was the best,,even when sub numbers proved the opposite

yes i was hyped before the game,,i bought it, and i was very disappointed after the honeymoon

now,,a year after launch,,the truth cant be hidden anymore, and the game will litterally implode

go to the SWTOR forums now,,its carnage over there,,now that most normal players have left,

there are only the fanbois and trolls left,,and with noone else to turn on, theyve started feeding of each other

this patient is now officially in a critical stage,,i think in 6-12 months it will be the end