Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And this week in the SWTOR soap opera

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

LOL This Czerka Model is not my style /grin but yep... you can die from laughing when you see it... it looks like a Xmas Tree /grin

imageimage

I much pefer my Refer-a-friend speeder LOL... this one is... just too old fashioned... antic....

It's just preview, so quality of pic is not the best... not buying it though.. so bear with me

It looks good actually.  Breaks up the monotony of rehashed vehicles !!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by Karteli

LOL This Czerka Model is not my style /grin but yep... you can die from laughing when you see it... it looks like a Xmas Tree /grin

imageimage

I much pefer my Refer-a-friend speeder LOL... this one is... just too old fashioned... antic....

It's just preview, so quality of pic is not the best... not buying it though.. so bear with me

Actually this is a reskin of an existing model. Well they added a few poly for the lights...

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Senden
    Actually, even worse than over-priced festive items, they've even essentially added pay to win space mission items. Sure you can grind them out forever or spend silly amounts on the GTN, but you can now essentially buy space ship epics for real money. Took EA less than a month to introduce p2w stuff, I really shouldn't be surprised. 

How is P2P when u are the only player doing it?. And maybe you didnt know it, but u can earn 50 fleet coms in maybe 1 hr per day. And if you are good enough, you dont even need all the updates to do the missions. 

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I actually agree with the op, it shouldn't be considered okay or normal for this kind of thing to happen but because people just keep letting it happen without letting the devs know, no more we aren't logging in until you fix this, this continues to happen.

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by apocoluster

The only thing this trread has done is bring attention to them..and atleast in my case. When I go home tonight and log in..Guess what the first thing Im gonna look at is.

IF you didnt like it, it might have been a good idea not to bring any attention to it..after all there is no such thing as bad publicity..and you did EA a favor by offering free advertisment.

PWNCAKES

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

imageimage

Uhm.. yeah sure... whatever you say LOL

And sorry for typo... I meant Sithmas tree... not Xmas Tree... There is no Xmas in SW... Sithmas though... now that's a completely different story image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol at helping them make new content faster

We are getting content updates every 6 weeks, is probably the only MMO in the market doing that. If the Cartel Market help them to keep the 6 weeks updates, whats the problem? 

Too bad that like 4 of these 6 week updates = 1 normal patch for most MMOs. Not to mention I am sure they are still using alot of the content they had built before they fired over half of their staff.  Oh did I mention GW2 has content come out faster and it really has no sub (as in, you don't have to pay a sub to enjoy the game like you do in SWTOR)

At this point its safe to say that you will probably never see class story extended or any kind of real expansion.  I feel like we will see the game get shut down before that happens.

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

haha

thanks for making this thread - I love reading about EA's corporate bloopers, and there's been so many lately that it's hard to keep track

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126

So that new speeder is a reskin.......but it has xmas lights......

Yeah...very impressive indeed. /sarcasm

• hockey98hockey98 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Celcius

We are getting content updates every 6 weeks, is probably the only MMO in the market doing that. If the Cartel Market help them to keep the 6 weeks updates, whats the problem? 

Too bad that like 4 of these 6 week updates = 1 normal patch for most MMOs. Not to mention I am sure they are still using alot of the content they had built before they fired over half of their staff.  Oh did I mention GW2 has content come out faster and it really has no sub (as in, you don't have to pay a sub to enjoy the game like you do in SWTOR)

At this point its safe to say that you will probably never see class story extended or any kind of real expansion.  I feel like we will see the game get shut down before that happens.

I think its safe to say this poster has never played SWTOR.  Not to be mean but you have no clue what your talking about.  Please why don't you list what GW2 added, then we can compare what SWTOR offered in their updates.  If SWTOR is 4updates=1patch, then GW2 must be 12updates=1 normal patch.    You make these claims but have nothing to back it up with.

Do a little research before you come on here buddy, how many new flashpoints has TOR added?  How many new OPS has TOR added, 1st research what a flahshpoint is and what ops are.   After you find those answers then keep reading on what else they have updated or added.  

GW2 Added in 5 months:

2 Major Events (Halloween and Karka stuff)

New zone map: Southsun Cove

I forget the number, but during the events they add crazy new Jump Puzzles

1 New PvP Map

Structured PvP changes, enables competitive players to go at it without facerolling pugs.

New stuff on the Black Lion Trade Center such as: Event Costume Skins and The Kit that allows you change the LOOK of your character.

New dungeon mode: Fractals that go on and on until you hit Level 50 fractal, IIRC.

New Ascended Gear

Class Balances (although it's still not enough)

And now, WINTERSDAY event, which will add more itemization to the game and a pretty significant update to World V World

SWTOR added in 1 year:

2 Flashpoints (?) not sure tbh.

2 Warzones

2 Operations

More Cartel Stuff that really still doesn't make much sense to me.

New PvE Zones (Belsavis and Corellia) Dailies I think it was.

ReSkinned tiered gear

ReSkinned Mounts

PvP adjustments (which is still lacking)

I've played SWTOR since I was in beta for a year before launch. Got the CE and all. And honestly, for a P2P game, that's not a lot of content compared to a B2P game that lets you access the WHOLE game with no sub fee.

If anything, I'd compare SWTOR to RIFT as far as how content is implemented.

Originally posted by JKwervo

GW2 Added in 5 months:

1 New PvP Map

Structured PvP changes, enables competitive players to go at it without facerolling pugs.

New stuff on the Black Lion Trade Center such as: Event Costume Skins and The Kit that allows you change the LOOK of your character.

New dungeon mode: Fractals that go on and on until you hit Level 50 fractal, IIRC.

New Ascended Gear

And now, WINTERSDAY event, which will add more itemization to the game and a pretty significant update to World V World

SWTOR added in 1 year:

2 Warzones

2 Operations

ReSkinned tiered gear

ReSkinned Mounts

I've played SWTOR since I was in beta for a year before launch. Got the CE and all. And honestly, for a P2P game, that's not a lot of content compared to a B2P game that lets you access the WHOLE game with no sub fee.

You forgot about 2 events: Rakghoul Invasion  and Grant Acquisitin.

Also Event - Acquiring HK-51 - was an event itself - very interesting serie of quests.

Belsavis has 2 daily quests areas, they recently added Section X with the new World Boss and very difficult Heroic 4 quests with puzzles.

Heroic Space Missions - 6 per each section.

Edit: The page saved on me while I was replying... so it got messed up.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by hockey98
    Originally posted by Celcius

I think its safe to say this poster has never played SWTOR.  Not to be mean but you have no clue what your talking about.  Please why don't you list what GW2 added, then we can compare what SWTOR offered in their updates.  If SWTOR is 4updates=1patch, then GW2 must be 12updates=1 normal patch.    You make these claims but have nothing to back it up with.

Do a little research before you come on here buddy, how many new flashpoints has TOR added?  How many new OPS has TOR added, 1st research what a flahshpoint is and what ops are.   After you find those answers then keep reading on what else they have updated or added.  

If you are happy with the pace and qaulity of the games updates that's fine, but even the developers admit they have been to slow getting stuff out.  the GW2 comparision I could care less about, all that matters is that this has been a problem for swtor since release.  Even today's update consists of basically 1 warzone that was first announced months ago-  still no Ilum fix, makeb, cathar, many bugs still un-squashed.  To defend them on this doesn't seem reasonable when even Bioware wouldn't.

GW2 Added in 5 months:

1 New PvP Map

New Ascended Gear

SWTOR added in 1 year:

2 Warzones

2 Operations

ReSkinned tiered gear

ReSkinned Mounts

You forgot about 2 events: Ragh and Grant aCQUISITION

Oh right, the two "events". I also forgot about the space missions apparently added. Yeah sure, add those too.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Disney needs to bury this corpse and give another dev a shot already.

GW2 Added in 5 months:

Holiday events are now major in the MMO world?  Well SWTOR just added life day event items

One zone in 5 months and you call that a lot?  

Oh wow a jump puzzle?

1 New PvP Map

With Ancient Hypergate that would be 3 new Warzones (PVP) for SWTrO

They have added and implamented so many changes to PVP structure I can't even start to list them here

SWTOR just opened their Cartel Market and have way more items than GW2 does, and its market has been out since launch.  

3 new flashpoints, with hard modes 

New Ascended Gear

So your new gear isnt "ReSkinned" But SWTOR is?  They have added 2 new sets of PVP and Multiple new sets of PVE gear and no its not just "reskinned"

They have done a lot to class balance.

SWTOR added in 1 year:

2 Warzones

2 Operations

ReSkinned tiered gear

ReSkinned Mounts

Well its safe to say you have not played since GW2.  And thats fine, but your post is very bias towards GW2 and makes it look like GW2 actually added a lot.  

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

imageimage

Put a Walmart sticker on that bad boy and I might actually think the Sith now support St. Nick and Christmas is real in Star Wars too.

And... they added  very cute Mini-Destroyer Droid as a pet today :)

Isn't it the cutest thing alive?

imageimage

Edit: The Doid... not the toothy monster in the background /grin

GW2 Added in 5 months:

Holiday events are now major in the MMO world?  Well SWTOR just added life day event items

One zone in 5 months and you call that a lot?  

Oh wow a jump puzzle?

1 New PvP Map

With Ancient Hypergate that would be 3 new Warzones (PVP) for SWTrO

They have added and implamented so many changes to PVP structure I can't even start to list them here

SWTOR just opened their Cartel Market and have way more items than GW2 does, and its market has been out since launch.  

3 new flashpoints, with hard modes 

New Ascended Gear

So your new gear isnt "ReSkinned" But SWTOR is?  They have added 2 new sets of PVP and Multiple new sets of PVE gear and no its not just "reskinned"

They have done a lot to class balance.

SWTOR added in 1 year:

2 Warzones

2 Operations

ReSkinned tiered gear

ReSkinned Mounts

Well its safe to say you have not played since GW2.  And thats fine, but your post is very bias towards GW2 and makes it look like GW2 actually added a lot.  

You can say I'm biased, but tell me what I missed besides the Space MIssions and the TWO "events" TOR had added? You said you wanted comparison, and GW2 has added more stuff in the 5 month mark than SWTOR did.

Damn straight I'm biased. I paid for a CE and didn't look back once 1.2 hit. Disappointed is an understatement. Now...my ONLY regret is that I didn't start Rift from the beginning. Compared to SWTOR, Rift blows it out of the water.

GW2 Added in 5 months: 2 Major Events (Halloween and Karka stuff) Holiday events are now major in the MMO world?  Well SWTOR just added life day event items New zone map: Southsun Cove One zone in 5 months and you call that a lot?   I forget the number, but during the events they add crazy new Jump Puzzles Oh wow a jump puzzle? 1 New PvP Map With Ancient Hypergate that would be 3 new Warzones (PVP) for SWTrO Structured PvP changes, enables competitive players to go at it without facerolling pugs. They have added and implamented so many changes to PVP structure I can't even start to list them here New stuff on the Black Lion Trade Center such as: Event Costume Skins and The Kit that allows you change the LOOK of your character. SWTOR just opened their Cartel Market and have way more items than GW2 does, and its market has been out since launch.   New dungeon mode: Fractals that go on and on until you hit Level 50 fractal, IIRC. 3 new flashpoints, with hard modes  New Ascended Gear So your new gear isnt "ReSkinned" But SWTOR is?  They have added 2 new sets of PVP and Multiple new sets of PVE gear and no its not just "reskinned" Class Balances (although it's still not enough) They have done a lot to class balance. And now, WINTERSDAY event, which will add more itemization to the game and a pretty significant update to World V World   SWTOR added in 1 year: 2 Flashpoints (?) not sure tbh. 2 Warzones 2 Operations More Cartel Stuff that really still doesn't make much sense to me. New PvE Zones (Belsavis and Corellia) Dailies I think it was. ReSkinned tiered gear ReSkinned Mounts PvP adjustments (which is still lacking)   I've played SWTOR since I was in beta for a year before launch. Got the CE and all. And honestly, for a P2P game, that's not a lot of content compared to a B2P game that lets you access the WHOLE game with no sub fee. If anything, I'd compare SWTOR to RIFT as far as how content is implemented.

You can say I'm biased, but tell me what I missed besides the Space MIssions and the TWO "events" TOR had added? You said you wanted comparison, and GW2 has added more stuff in the 5 month mark than SWTOR did.

Damn straight I'm biased. I paid for a CE and didn't look back once 1.2 hit. Disappointed is an understatement. Now...my ONLY regret is that I didn't start Rift from the beginning. Compared to SWTOR, Rift blows it out of the water.

You missed a lot more than that about SWTOR and exaggerated everything about GW2 but you think GW2>SWTOR I think SWTOR>gw2.But like you mention Rift I feel LOTRO is by far the best mmo available right now.

On a bright side image I thought I will share with you today something really cute...

'Jedi' religion most popular alternative faith in Great Britain

Today's Census figures show that 176,632 people in England and Wales identify themselves as Jedi Knights, making it the most popular faith in the "Other Religions" category on the Census and the seventh most popular faith overall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9737886/Jedi-religion-most-popular-alternative-faith.html

.....they probably all play SWTOR image

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Sevenstar's Derail Thread[Heroic 2] mission: Complete!

On a bright side image I thought I will share with you today something really cute...

Today's Census figures show that 176,632 people in England and Wales identify themselves as Jedi Knights, making it the most popular faith in the "Other Religions" category on the Census and the seventh most popular faith overall.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9737886/Jedi-religion-most-popular-alternative-faith.html

Then if you read further, following the source of their information (OF YOUR OWN LINK):

Why did people answer “Jedi”?

Much of the public and media discussion focused on legitimate concerns with the census, which the “Jedi” answer could be disruptively used to promote. Some reasons that non-religious people in particular answered “Jedi” include:

• concern about how ‘religion’ data might be used
    • concern about the inclusion of a question on religion at all
    • making a statement about privacy or annoyance with interference
    • a reaction against the apparent presumption of having a religion
    • making a point about the way people tend to legitimize religion based on its antiquity or number of adherents
    • because it was funny

Should I answer “Jedi”?

Our recommendation is that if you are not religious, answer “No religion”, because although the ONS will count “Jedi” answers as non-religious, other commentators, organisations, or religious institutions may disaggregate these results and refer only to the explicit “No religion” answers. You would then be omitted if you answered “Jedi”.

To be clear: the ONS does say it will interpret “Jedi” answers as belonging under the “No religion” category (and it will report the Jedi number separately as well). However, the concern, as with all specific answers including “atheist” or “humanist”, is that other organisations using the data will disaggregate them. They may for example cite the ambiguity of the meaning of putting “Jedi” (see previous section) and so use only explicit “No religion” answers. This would result in lower figures for the non-religious.

If you want to write Jedi as a protest against being asked the question at all, see Why should I answer the question at all?

Our campaign is aimed at non-religious people. If you actually identify, religiously, as a Jedi, then that’s what you should put.

http://census-campaign.org.uk/faq/jedi-knights/

Then if you read further, following the source of their information (OF YOUR OWN LINK):

Much of the public and media discussion focused on legitimate concerns with the census, which the “Jedi” answer could be disruptively used to promote. Some reasons that non-religious people in particular answered “Jedi” include:

• making a point about the way people tend to legitimize religion based on its antiquity or number of adherents
    • because it was funny

Darn, you really had to spoil all that fun /grin

Edit: I am declared Sith Lord... but I guess I would be afraid to admit it in census as well /grin

• because it was funny

Should I answer “Jedi”?

Our recommendation is that if you are not religious, answer “No religion”, because although the ONS will count “Jedi” answers as non-religious, other commentators, organisations, or religious institutions may disaggregate these results and refer only to the explicit “No religion” answers. You would then be omitted if you answered “Jedi”.

To be clear: the ONS does say it will interpret “Jedi” answers as belonging under the “No religion” category (and it will report the Jedi number separately as well). However, the concern, as with all specific answers including “atheist” or “humanist”, is that other organisations using the data will disaggregate them. They may for example cite the ambiguity of the meaning of putting “Jedi” (see previous section) and so use only explicit “No religion” answers. This would result in lower figures for the non-religious.

If you want to write Jedi as a protest against being asked the question at all, see Why should I answer the question at all?

Our campaign is aimed at non-religious people. If you actually identify, religiously, as a Jedi, then that’s what you should put.

Darn, you really had to spoil all that fun /grin

From my fan mail, I'm supposedly a hater, so it's my job :P

You have to pick something less intuitive, like how SWTOR won the Game Developers Choice Online Awards.

In that case it took awhile for observers to figure out that the people who voted for SWTOR as the #1 game ever also worked for EA (or had worked for EA or were affiliated with one of their studios).

:=D

PS, I'm sort of loyal to the empire, but nobody knows much about me .. at least none of those still alive .. >!