Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's time to move on...

...for me.

More and more games covered on this site are of a type that I am not looking for.  It is nothing bad, but I joined this particular site to get info and discuss about mmorpg's - rpg games with worlds to be precise.  

Currently not only mmorpg genre include games that are more similar to loby games at expense of world games, but also mmorpg.com is both covering and giving forums to games that are non-rpg mmo's and even a games that are not mmo's of any kind.  

I started reading this site to get specific mmorpg info & forums. I joined mmorpg.com not videogames.com. Nor eurogamer or ign.

Business is business and I understand mmorpg.com decision makers. Mmorpg genre is also changing and if they would only cover 'world' mmoprg's then site would start shrinking in close future.

Anyway - 9 pages long thread got locked without explaining. Thread that was discussing simialr but also bit diffrent thing. That got me thinking.

I am tired of plowing through info and discussions about games of types that does not interest me. I DO have other sites I sometimes visit for this. When I choose to. 

I also realized that big amount of mmorpg.com userbase are looking for games that are totally opposite of what I am looking for. So opposite that they certain solutuins exlcude themself.   I am tired of endless arguments about same things that are unsolvable because certain part of playerbase is totally separate with what they want and conisder an mmorpg.

It is like discussions between turn based strategy player and racing game player.  Two diffrent needs and expectations.

Site and what is considered mmorpg nowadays got too broad and stopped being satisfying to discuss and follow. 

Thanks for all discussions. I propably won't join any mmorpg site for quite some time, not until I stumble upon one that group 'virtual world mmorpg'  players and is technically&cintent wise good enough at same time.  Which might be looong time.

I am also not staying for general gaming or even "mmo and neighbourhood" nes and discussions because I am not interested in discussing about those things as often as about mmorpg's and I do have other sites I know for this if I choose to do so.

Bye and thanks for all discussions on this forums I participated in.  o/

Comments

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

I understand your reasons and I had similar thoughts more than once.

Sad to see a good poster leave.

Like you I would like a good forum for MMORPG fans. MMORPG.com did quite well for a number of years but is changing into a general gaming site. Well, the same people that run MMORPG.com also run FPSguru and RTSguru, thus there's no surprise here.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I was in this genre before it went to trash, im going to ride this rough time out.  Theres a few games upcoming that are peaking my intrest some:

1)Darkfall unholy wars

2) Archage

3) EQ next

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I never understood why people felt the need to say goodbye on forums and I probably never will.

Why not just become inactive and leave it at that. It's just a forum

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Starpower

I never understood why people felt the need to say goodbye on forums and I probably never will.

As long as the "good-bye" post is not a pity party or rage quit (which this one is not) then why question the motive?  Think of it as closure.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Starpower

As long as the "good-bye" post is not a pity party or rage quit (which this one is not) then why question the motive?  Think of it as closure.

It's a forum, there's no need to "quit" unless you live here. You drop by and post and read. If you don't feel like it then you don't. Like I said it will never make sense to me. Maybe it's because I don't get emotionally attached to places I post, which is another thing I don't get. Maybe I'm not suppose to either