Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The story stopped at 80

2»

Comments

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    The story sucked compared with SWTOR.  From what I've heard, TSW had a much better story as well.

Yeah

While I'm not a real huge fan of many of SWTOR's story lines it did have some bright spots and certainly has way better voice acting.

Out of the three TSW was definitely the best. Although a bit irritating as well considering the way some stories "drop out" as you progress. Would have liked to have seen some more of them fleshed out further.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Story seemed to get worse and worse as it went on.  I patiently watched the cutscenes in the beginning but towards the end, I couldn't bear it.
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

I can't get myself to play either...

The game just stopped at 80 for me. I had seen all the dungeons, all the zones and there was no organised or meaningful endgame content whatsoever.

No roleplaying

No horizontal progression

No in any way meaningful PvP

No raids

No more story quests

No more dungeons...

And the worst thing. I cut through it like butter in a matter of a few weeks. 

I'd love to adventure on in this game, but well, there's nothing to do... maybe they shouldn't have compressed the amount of workforce into a uber-quick leveling arc, like they did. What good are dynamic events if I outlevel them in hours, sometimes minutes without any incentive to ever go back... Reminded me heavily of Age of Conan where the first 30 levels were pure epicness and all the rest was fedex and grindquests for months and months...

M

EDIT: On a sidenote: I really miss the leveling experience from vanilla EQ2 or vanilla WoW. Where you spent a few dozen hours in a zone, leveling was an achievement and exploring in groups the usual way to play the game...

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I didn't enjoy the story aspect of GW2.  I didn't even finish mine, because i couldn't stand Trahearne.  To me, he was that bad.    They should just stop adding onto the current stories and rewrite them over for an expansion.