It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
My recommendations for enjoying guild wars 2 as i have.(600 hours played)
1. Join an active guild with friendly and helpful players to show you the depth of things as well as have something to do stuff with, from beginning to endgame.
2. If you can, start playing the game with a friend, or make some right away. Try to level a set of characters together. Learning how your combo fields/finishers work with another class and owning content/pvp/wvw or w/e you like together can make a huge difference in how much you enjoy the game and how much you want to log in.
3. Try everything. That means exploring, De's, Hearts, Crafting, Spvp, WvW, dungeons, exp modes, Tournaments, Mini games, etc. If you do this I'm 95% sure you'll find more enjoyment then a person who jumps in, tried on or two things of the above and then says "oh this sucks /ragequit"
4. Remember that the purchase of 60$ grants you unlimited access to a AAA mmorpg that is, in most ways, different from the others, and most definatly not a WoW clone like the genre has been full of.
5. Remember that this is NOT WoW. Do not expect to play it like WoW. Gw2 really does require a different mindset then other theme-park mmo's. For example. No kill stealing/node stealing means you can safely play with other people you encounter without raining on their parade. Therefore, you start to feel less threatened by other players and actually welcome them. Note that in alot of cases people Want to play by themeselves and you may be one of them initially, however after the "newness" passes, you'll find there are plenty of people who want to group up for zone clearing, champion mobs, jumping puzzles, and a myriad of other activities that are just more fun with other people around.
6. Finally, just try it, theres no better value for your money on the MMO market today. Yes the forums around different websites may be littered with trolls and the like. However once in the game, at least on my server (Darkhaven), I find it very difficult to find people who arent helpful or fun. Let me give an example to close: In WoW, out of 10 players, 6 of them will be trolls whom would rather troll you then help you. 2 of them will be friendly, and 2 of them will be silent. In Gw2, 6 of them will be friendly, 2 of them will be Trolls, and 2 of them will be silent. At least that is my experience in Darkhaven as i've leveled up and even at Endgame.
Hope this helps would be Gw2 players and/or existing players.