Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wii U - my favourite console and a question

13»

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Not every title on the original Wii was a knockout, but there are several that I thought were very fun and innovative.

Wii Sports was just hard to beat - sure it didn't have any depth, but with a young kid (or a bottle of booze and some challenge shots) it was very fun. And MarioKart - this game continues to be fun. They made good use of the motion controller - they didn't need extremely deep gameplay or high end graphics - they just needed to be easy to pick up and fun in short bursts.

I expect the WiiU will have some similar titles. We bought ours on pre-order... I haven't done anything except hook it up to patch and make sure it worked, then wrap it to stick it under the tree. The controller has me pretty excited, especially if the TVii thing eventually lives up to it's claims (it would replace a few aging Harmony remotes that the dogs have taken to mistaking for chew toys).

That, and the kid can play games on the controller while I can still watch TV/Movies - bonus.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    One of the major selling points is that as an ibdy dev, its touted to be pretty easy to get into.

And you can set your own price and send out patches without getting bankrupted( unlike xbox live which charges enormous amounts if you wanna patch)

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    You do know Sony, Microsoft and nintendo sell their consoles at a loss then make the money back on the cut they get from game sales (its why pc games are typically £10 less than on console). So in that regards I'm not sure the Wii was a "bigger success" than the xbox 360 & ps3, they seem to shift a lot more games.

/facepalm

WiiU is the first console nintendo has every sold for a loss at release.