Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 transformed in a cash cow...:(

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by RedJorge
    Originally posted by FromHell

blame the f2p worshipping players on their hate train against the subscription model.

Companies still need monthly revenue to pay their electric bills...

I agree with you but ArenaNet just transformed GW2 in a cash cow, they are milking it desperatly while they can.

Every MMO is a cash cow.

Some have an honest payment model and some have a dishonest payment model.

At the end, pay, you will

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Look, either provide the proof "HERE" (You can even copy paste it.) Or you may as well be a doom-cryer on a city street corner, and absolutely NOONE here will give two sh*ts about what your yelling.

I'm not saying this to bash you, but rather inform you why noone here is caring about what your saying currently.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Again, those are opinions. There is no proof. Come back when you have some. I gave you many chances to actually bring some proof. This falls straight under conspiracy theory.

• RedJorgeRedJorge Member Posts: 106

blame the f2p worshipping players on their hate train against the subscription model.

Companies still need monthly revenue to pay their electric bills...

I agree with you but ArenaNet just transformed GW2 in a cash cow, they are milking it desperatly while they can.

Every MMO is a cash cow.

Some have an honest payment model and some have a dishonest payment model.

At the end, pay, you will

I fully agree. But GW2 right now, after the ninja changes, is squeezing the players without mercy.

Leonard: Penny, you are on fire.
    Penny: Yes, so is Sheldon.
    [laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    Penny: Wait, wait. Sheldon. Come back, you forgot something.
    Sheldon: What?
    Penny: This plasma grenade.
    [explosion]
    Penny: [laughs] Look! It's raining you.
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

Originally posted by Kuppa
    Again, those are opinions. There is no proof. Come back when you have some. I gave you many chances to actually bring some proof. This falls straight under conspiracy theory.

Well,

“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.”

Helen Keller quotes

Anyone interested in knowing the truth about Guild Wars 2 just go and read their official forums.

Bye.

[laughs]
    Sheldon: Okay, that's it. I don't know how, but she is cheating. No-one can be that attractive and this skilled at a video game.
    [walks away]
    [explosion]
    Sheldon: You laugh now. You just wait until you need tech support. (Big Bang Theory)

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    There is no sub. You're not obligated to play if you're that upset. Move along now. :)
  • SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Please post the proof here. You made the thread here not there.

The GW2 official forum link I posted here is much more complete and people can read the opinion of many players just to check if its true or not.

you just said you stated a fact.  It's not a fact and that link is exactly what you said it is...opinion.  You are trying to twist an opinion into a fact which is exactly why we're not buying what you're selling.  I'm sitting on 143 gold right now because i play the market and sell dyes like everyone else.  If you're having issues making gold, then i suggest you do some of this vaunted research you're so fond of and make some gold for yourself instead of worrying about how expensive it is to supply yourself with it through gems.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Hmm...brand new poster.  First thread is a call out GW2 thread.  Only posts are in said thread.  Every post basically egging on more replies.  

I conjecture this is a troll thread. 

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    if you are expecting a honest debate or anyone for that matter to agree with you much , you have come to the wrong site to post anything negative about GW2. Most of us that do not worship the game quit a long time ago .
  • BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

He's right. Look at how they JUST added character recustomization. How funny that it wasn't there at launch. Oh look! It's not part of a $60 game, it's in the cash shop! They knew people wanted to recustomize their characters since Guild Wars 1. They didn't allow us to do it until they started their cash shop experimentation when Guild Wars 1 died.

You  know the game is shallow, which is why the game is dead. If only they didn't fly the world and act like celebrities or maybe if they didn't hype the game and actually spent time programming it. Really, I mean it. Look at how many people are standing infront of the dungeons. Even before fractles came out there was no one there. Same with SPvP rooms, they're a ghost of what they were.

They can't even fix the bug where you click a room that says it's not full and it is, then you get stuck for 5 minutes until their server realizes it's full and can't join another game. Same with the stuck in PvP loading screen.

Guild Wars 2 had better graphics than Guild Wars 1. Too bad the story and replayability were worse than a game from 2004.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bliss14

Hmm...brand new poster.  First thread is a call out GW2 thread.  Only posts are in said thread.  Every post basically egging on more replies.  

I think GW2 is the troll training ground of mmorpg.com. This is where "new" posters come to  feed.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hello all, Its a pitty that Guild Wars 2, since 15th November 2012, was transformed in a cash cow by ArenaNet.They ninja reduced the in-game items/materials drop rates without telling the players and artificially increased the gems value they sell at game shop so people make less gold from drops and are forced to buy gems with real money to trade for the in-game gold they need.If you dont mind to be a wallet warior, this is an average game for you.If you like to play without wasting real money and using all the in-game market economy, then you loose your time with Guild Wars 2. Thanks, RJ

Transformed you say?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by cronius77
    if you are expecting a honest debate or anyone for that matter to agree with you much , you have come to the wrong site to post anything negative about GW2. Most of us that do not worship the game quit a long time ago .

You think there is an honest debate to be had cronious? Is there any proof? Is there any truth to what he stated in his OP? I've more than onced asked for proof. He hasn't given us anything but opinions from other players.

Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by bliss14

I think GW2 is the troll training ground of mmorpg.com. This is where "new" posters come to  feed.

I never intended any troll.

What I said is true, just go read GW2 official forums.

The gem shop is a rip-off.

And the end-game content is ridiculous. Or you roll more characters or you have nothing worth to do.

Ah, some people like to play the smart trader and manipulate the prices at the Trading Post to make gold that they do not even need..:)

It is very easy to manipulate the prices at the Trading Post. If you want I can give you a link that teaches how to do that.

Great system, right?

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

And about the gems value increase check this:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Do you even know what the gem price works?

If too few people buy gems with real money, and too many buy with ingame gold, price will go up. Supply and demand. Arenanet doesn't increase the game price. Gem prices went up recently because it's almost Wintersday and many people buy gems.

Honestly ,i feel EVERYONE is missing the REAL POINT.

We should NEVER condone cash shop in our games,it causes suspicion and ALWAYS has ruined games economy one way or another.It also ruins the game itslef as well.EVERY single person should be telling Anet to get rid of it right away.

I have said all along i would NEVER support a game with it,however i can accept it "IF" it does not somehow raise suspicion about outside influences and manipulation,the way EVE online does.

Example if yo uwant to sell a red shirt for 5 bucks RMT,but that same shirt is also available through reasonable means in game,i am ok with it.However if that ties into cash shop gems sales,i am NOT ok with it.It should strictly be item for item,NOT outside influences like gems and gold.That is where botting and RMT come in and suspicion towards Anet.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

You think there is an honest debate to be had cronious? Is there any proof? Is there any truth to what he stated in his OP? I've more than onced asked for proof. He hasn't given us anything but opinions from other players.

You are right Kuppa.

I gave you the opinion of other players so you can not accuse me of inventing.

The opinions of active players, writen in hundreds of posts, must have some value right?

Or only your opinion is worth?

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72

I just wonder why one persons opinion is somehow more fact based than anothers ? You disagree .. we get it ... move along.

Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM   And about the gems value increase check this: http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem
    Do you even know what the gem price works? If too few people buy gems with real money, and too many buy with ingame gold, price will go up. Supply and demand. Arenanet doesn't increase the game price. Gem prices went up recently because it's almost Wintersday and many people buy gems.

We should NEVER condone cash shop in our games,it causes suspicion and ALWAYS has ruined games economy one way or another.It also ruins the game itslef as well.EVERY single person should be telling Anet to get rid of it right away.

Then how do they generate cash flow? Switch to a P2P system?. Have fun trying to convince the b2p supporters! lol.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I'd be more then willing to believe the rates on gems have increased, don't give me that BS that they increase based off demand, becuase if thats true when I did play why was it the values remained the same? You could claim people are just buying smaller quantites of gems at once so the gems aren't worth as much (the more you put in gold wise at once, the more gems it had given you) but if the prices actually increased so you get less gems per gold, then unless they actually did put a system in place sometime after launch, they DID up it. 

They do need to make money so its only natural some things will be done to help emphasize cash shop profits. 

B2P helps alleviate initial costs and all, but in the end they need consistant cash flow through the cash shop to make up for no steady stream of cash through subscriptions. They can get away with having the cash shop being a bit less intrusive due to the B2P funds, but in the end they still need to make money off it, and as the game ages and less are buying the game, chances are more money will be needed through cash shop to generate profit.

Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

And about the gems value increase check this:

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

Do you even know what the gem price works?

If too few people buy gems with real money, and too many buy with ingame gold, price will go up. Supply and demand. Arenanet doesn't increase the game price. Gem prices went up recently because it's almost Wintersday and many people buy gems.

I have said all along i would NEVER support a game with it,however i can accept it "IF" it does not somehow raise suspicion about outside influences and manipulation,the way EVE online does.

Example if yo uwant to sell a red shirt for 5 bucks RMT,but that same shirt is also available through reasonable means in game,i am ok with it.However if that ties into cash shop gems sales,i am NOT ok with it.It should strictly be item for item,NOT outside influences like gems and gold.That is where botting and RMT come in and suspicion towards Anet.

Exactly!

But the funny thing is that the majority of the vanity items sold at the gem shop is so crap that most of the people buy gems with real cash to get boosters and in-game gold to buy items from the Trading Post. So, ArenaNet ninja increased the in-game gold value of gems so more people would buy gems to trade for gold while reducing significantly the drops from mobs so people could not anymore get gold from just playing the game.

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

• mcburlymcburly Member Posts: 234
    I play the game without spending money in the shop just fine.....

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Anyone who thinks you can have a cash shop in a game like this without it profoundly effecting it's core design and systems is pretty deluded tbh. Ofc the game is gonna be designed to manipulate you into spending... take that as a given. It was a big part of why I stopped playing after month one, despite loving it as a single player RPG for that time.

Where did the lady heading up this game's cash shop come from again? Perfect World wasn't it?

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    This is exactly why F2P, or B2P+cash shop in this case, is a shitty model for us gamers. They will always try to squeze the last cent out of us.
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Anyone who thinks you can have a cash shop in a game like this without it profoundly effecting it's core design and systems is pretty deluded tbh. Ofc the game is gonna be designed to manipulate you into spending... take that as a given. It was a big part of why I stopped playing after month one, despite loving it as a single player RPG for that time.

Where did the lady heading up this game's cash shop come from again? Perfect World wasn't it?

Yes, she is the evil behind the Cash Shop, Nexon employee ripping off NCSOFT/ArenaNet Guild Wars 2 game and player community.

After she destroys GW2 she will move to another one and will milk it until he is dry.....rinse and repeat.

[laughs]
    [walks away]
    [explosion]

Originally posted by Vesavius Anyone who thinks you can have a cash shop in a game like this without it profoundly effecting it's core design and systems is pretty deluded tbh. Ofc the game is gonna be designed to manipulate you into spending... take that as a given. It was a big part of why I stopped playing after month one, despite loving it as a single player RPG for that time. Where did the lady heading up this game's cash shop come from again? Perfect World wasn't it?
    Yes, she is the evil behind the Cash Shop, Nexon employee ripping off NCSOFT/ArenaNet Guild Wars 2 game and player community.

After she destroys GW2 she will move to another one and will milk it until he is dry.....rinse and repeat.

lol...Bit dramatic?

I'm sure she is just payed to do a task set down by management.