Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does a sexy beautiful animated woman in a game's advertisement mean the game will be aweful?

2»

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Theocritus
        Just look at Age of Conan...The biggest selling point of the game is "Hey we have female breasts!"...

More like the two biggest selling points

Ohhhhhh

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
        Just look at Age of Conan...The biggest selling point of the game is "Hey we have female breasts!"...

More like the two biggest selling points

Ohhhhhh

I believe that joke was rather tasteless.

• HarutoHaruto Member Posts: 175
    I really miss EQ back when Verant ran the show, went downhill so fast afterwards.

Eve Online, a world of infinite possibility. Click here for an extended Trial
    Dark-Wind Its War on Wheels!

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

In defense of AoC, they didn't resort to plastering pictures of semi-naked ladies on the box. In fact, the only things on the cover of my copy are a sword and a mammoth. I think they went more for the blood-and-gore angle rather than t&a. 

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by crack_fox

In defense of AoC, they didn't resort to plastering pictures of semi-naked ladies on the box. In fact, the only things on the cover of my copy are a sword and a mammoth. I think they went more for the blood-and-gore angle rather than t&a. 

Well, considering this is about game advertisement rather than box art...

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Haruto
    Best example of putting a fairly hot girl on the cover of an actually good product was Firiona Vie for Ruins of Kunark Expansion in EQ. And she is more in the background, was a major part of the game, and the Expansion was great.

Thanks for posting this pic!  I was just about to ;)  They did some even hotter pics of her that were amazing..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

Indeed, and my recollection is that the advertisements for the game played more on blood and guts and than tits and ass. I don't think that bare breasts were used as the "biggest selling point" by the game's promoters. However, it may have been the biggest "buying point" for many of the game's players.  

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147

Indeed, and my recollection is that the advertisements for the game played more on blood and guts and than tits and ass. I don't think that bare breasts were used as the "biggest selling point" by the game's promoters. However, it may have been the biggest "buying point" for many of the game's players.  

Smh

If people really bought it to see pixel boobs I have lost all faith in humans.

• night_gamernight_gamer Member Posts: 22
     If people really bought it to see pixel boobs I have lost all faith in humans.

to late...

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,202
    The crappier the game, the bigger the breasts in the adverts.
  • VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Haruto
    I really miss EQ back when Verant ran the show, went downhill so fast afterwards.
    I seriously think people post this just to troll.

Verant was never a separate company. SCEA spun off a start up company to create a number of console games called 989 studios. That company created the prototype for EverQuest and the parent executives decided it was not going to fit under the console 989 brand, so they made Verant. Later Verant became SOE. Verant was run by Sony employees from the start.

Verant was never an independent design studio and SOE did not buy/steal/absorb Verant. SOE IS Verant. They just changed the name.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• SeiTieSSeiTieS Member Posts: 21
    Yes sometimes