Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMO to teach a beginner is best?

13»

Comments

• TuyetTuyet Member Posts: 135
      WoW is probably a good choice but another option no one has mentioned is Ryzom. During my years of playing Ryzom I ran across a few players that played Ryzom as their first or only MMo and enjoyed it. Its also F2P for quite a while and very friendly to Duo play --- its skill based and any player can train any skill so if both players train some healing actions they can heal one another even if in tank gear. Very enjoyable game for 2-3 months even if you don't get into it for years like i did.
  • RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    He would love Ryzom.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by keithian
    I need to introduce someone to MMOs (PVE centric).  Curious to get your thoughts as to which ones you think might still be enjoyable and not overwhelm someone while still not boring me to death. WOW? LOTRO? GW2? SWTOR? AOC? Pros/Cons? Best for Groups of 2? Remember, newbies dont understand stats in most cases.Thanks.

World of Warcraft. very user friendly tutorials from level 1.
    Shit i should work for blizzard marketing..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    World of Warcraft, hands down.  It was never very "difficult" but they've been slowly dumbing it down to the point of obsurdity.  It's like the McDonalds of MMO's now.  Accessible, possibly addictive, no real value.

C'mon if you're a really active person McD's is ok right?  All those calories to fuel your active lifestyle?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Well he's not going to get far in lotro for free. They cut you off from all quests after the newbie area. I would say swtor if he likes story at all.
  • FirzenizerFirzenizer Member UncommonPosts: 6

Might wanna try Darkfall UW, when it's realeased tomorrow :D Very noobie friendly. You will just get your a** kicked every other time you go out there to kill your goblins like a proper WoW carebear.

Yea, well sarcasm... But tbh I would say it would be awesome game for anyone who likes FPS games and likes that there is some skill involved other than facerolling keyboard and hoging potions. On Darkfall you actually feel like you are making a differece to the world. Your clan/alliance is actually shaping the game world by ruling certain areas. It just feels real. Having crap in your pans every 30 minutes when someone suddenly jumps on you from a tree.

But if you are just looking for a usual level-based grinder game with dungeons and all that "fancy" stuff that anyone can be good at, I would say RIFT does a pretty good job at that, also Guild Wars 2 is nice for that, but the dungeons aren't as good as on RIFT.