Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Most hated MMORPG

We all know them and each of us have our own stories of why we feel the way we do toward them but there can be only one winner.

So ladies and gentlemen, unleash your hatred!!!!

Note: the poll only allows a maximum of 10 options so I tried to cover the most popular games, I am aware I have left titles out there is a restriction.

Edit: if you select either Everquest or Guild Wars as an option please say which in your post. Thanks.

Comments

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    The first one was hard as fuck

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• GPrestigeGPrestige Member UncommonPosts: 523
    I don't really hate any MMOs, but if I changed hate to "most disappointed with", it would be The Old Republic. Hate? Any of the CoX or superhero MMOs.

-Computer specs no one cares about: check.

-MMOs played no one cares about: check.

-Xfire stats no one cares about: check.

-Signature no one cares about: check.

------------------------------------------------------------
    -Narcissism: check.

• EternalSage2000EternalSage2000 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    The only MMO that I've ever hated on all levels, Vindictus.  There was nothing good about that game in my opinion.  Repetitive zones, worst crafting Ive ever seen.  Just bad.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i voted aion.  i just could not get into that game.
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Chronicles of Spellborn.  (Look it up if you must.)  They had a great concept but the business end of things sort of exploded and it never got any press.  I'm angry at that, but ws satisfied with the game.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    TERA, because its marketing campaign was really annoying.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

EQ1 is by far the best one in the list.

I voted WoW because Wow imo ruined MMO's... my opinion, I don't need you all to chime in about how great it is.  And start telling me all the great stuff... that I find boring and repetitive.  Which is why I am not stating why I believe it is the worst MMO ever... successful yes, but it ruined MMO and the community for me.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Age of Conan was an insane waste of money on release.  Champions Online was/is useless.  Rift was a direct copy of another very popular game (it appears to be different and better now though).  

I found SWTOR to be a disappointment but not as much as the games listed above.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Most MMO's I don't like. It's why I don't play them.

Hate?

None. Never forced myself to play one I didn't like long enough to learn to hate it.

• VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    I pick other - it fills this criteria. Any MMO that doesn't have sense enough to put a few lines of code in the game that has been around since 1996.  Invert mouse - If I can't invert my mouselook I automatically uninstall your game and hate it.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by VendettaDFA
    I pick other - it fills this criteria. Any MMO that doesn't have sense enough to put a few lines of code in the game that has been around since 1996.  Invert mouse - If I can't invert my mouselook I automatically uninstall your game and hate it.

Lol... I hate inverted mouse, but yeah seems simple enough to put in.  But I don't know ~

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by EternalSage2000
    The only MMO that I've ever hated on all levels, Vindictus.  There was nothing good about that game in my opinion.  Repetitive zones, worst crafting Ive ever seen.  Just bad.

But Vindictus isn't an MMO...

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    This poll tells me something thus far. It's that rift is not a bad game apparently.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Axehandle
    This poll tells me something thus far. It's that rift is not a bad game apparently.

No, it tells you that its not the worst game. It's a clone of the worst game. Most of the MMOs on this list aren't very good so...

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I could only vote for TSW, because some of the most prevalent GW2 thread "participants" are TSW fanbois.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    This would be 50% WoW if you did not add ToR :P

SNIP

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Axehandle

No, it tells you that its not the worst game. It's a clone of the worst game. Most of the MMOs on this list aren't very good so...

To be the best out of the most popular titles in the eyes of the highly critical mmo community is not a bad thing my friend.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    World of Warcraft. I didn't like the game, I couldn't get much past level 30 without wanting to fall asleep out of utter boredom, but it's not just that. The reason I hate World of Warcraft is because it spawned almost every game that followed - all the quest driven, story driven, single player, themepark trash that has polluted the MMO world ever since WoW became popular. Innovation has been killed by WoW, all we get now are carbon copies with different graphics.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

WOW as a game is ok, but i picked it anyways. Due to the fact it brought console style gaming into the mmo world and kind of made every game, release, developer go nuts over their success and turn ever good ip and name into garbage that usualy goes F2P, shuts down, or does poorly than it should ahve.

But i realy cant blame the game, or blizzard. I blame the gamers and developers that continued on that path and couldnt know when to stop, make changes, or try something new for a change.

But SWTOR seems to be logical, seems several hundred thousand hated that game and quit. But still has a strong player base.

Its realy hard to give this question a legit answer. So many aspects and opinions.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I don't hate on any mmo, but the two most disappointing mmo's for me were Warhammer Online and SWTOR.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I would have to say my worst experience so far would be.

1. Fallen Earth

Because Gamers First GM's do nothing about in game harassment from their clan friends, even after spending like $300 or so in their game within a couple of months its pretty pathetic the GM says they look into it they do nothing I make one comment thats not really racist but a fact I get I think it was a 3 day ban from the clan who kept harassing me because their members QQ to their GM friends.

2. Would be League OF Legends, Horriable Community, and GM experience.

3. Would be Tera, because of their failure to launch the game properly stealing other peoples ideas with the cosmetic shop, charging extra moeny to recustomize when I thoguht as a subscriber id get this for FREE like in Rift, or DarkFall/EVE online.

All the other MMO Companies like, Gamers First, Nexon, PWI, they are just a bunch of inexperienced gaming companies trying to milk cows for their buck they really don't care about you or what you think they acre about MONE. They  just care to keep people there for a week or so they spend some money they are happy they leave after they get bored some stay others like me GO it depends on the person, but I really can't stand the F2P genere, and GW2 has been the longest F2P game I have actually stayed in so far besides a couple of old MMO titles.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

btw, AoC is great at its current state with the expansions and all. Too bad people don´t check it out because it didn´t have 2 gigatons of content at release. Still the most beautiful MMO out there imho, and much more RPG than any other current medieval fantasy MMO

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by FromHell
    GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

I dislike GW2 mostly because of the haters on this site.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

WOW.

It isn't a bad game, it is very polished, has loads of content, good story...in fact everything about the game is well made.

But I found the game very boring despite how well made it was. But that isn't why it gets my vote.

The problem is it has more or less destroyed any creativity or artistic freedom in the industry and brought in 'money men' to run things who don't seem to actually have a clue what people want, what gaming is all about or how to actually make a fun and sustainable game.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

SWTOR only because it is more of a single player game with co-op / multiplayer options TRYING to be a MMORPG

If it was on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well or just regarded as a single player game with multiplayer without a monthly fee and brought DLC frequently then I would not hate it, as a game in its own way it is OK, but it is completely pathetic as a MMORPG