Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i bought EVE...

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d
    Originally posted by theoneandonly
    any  good beginers guides?

Well so far, the tutorial is amazing(probably one of the best)

People say its hard to learn the game.... so far i undestand almost everything the tutorial teaches me.... something like "EVE for Dummies" :)

Some people experience a certain situation after finishing the tutorials.  They complete them all, and then say to themselves... "Now what?"

If ya get stuck on what to do, things to try, how to do something ask away.  Also, as mentioned above, finding a corporation to join can be a huge benifit.  Find one with a decent amount of active players, and join up.  Even if it doesn't turn out to be the perfect corp of corps, you'll learn what you want to look for next better after that!  And it gives a bit of employment history so you aren't some 3 year old player who has been in an NPC corp the entire 3 years and now wants to join get out you spy!  That kind of thing hehe

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Beauty is you can take some time off and even keep your training going if you like while you spend some times in other games.  Some call this a problem with EVE, I call it a feature, it's helped me keep playing for quite some time now.

This, really.

In every other MMO I feel kinda ripped of by the monthly payment, espacially if I for some reason dont end up playing anyways. In EVE I always get at least some skills for my money.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Welcome to EVE!

It's the only real sandbox MMO out there with a decent playerbase (and while I say decent I mean mostly by the size). I have my gripes with the game, especially the flying model (or lack of it) and the fact that the overview is the biggest immersion killer I've ever seen in any game. Still, there is nothing as massive out there and massive is why I like to play MMOs.

I'm still waiting for a fantasy "EVE" to come out and it seems like I'm in for a long, long wait.

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    Find a corp. Assume everything is a scam until you verify otherwise. Good luck!

This.  Plus the Golden Rule: "Do not fly what you cannot afford to lose."  Basically, if it will wreck your wallet if it blows up, don't undock in it.

Welcome to EVE.  Enjoy your stay.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Fly Safe,

o7

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

I would first like to say, Welcome to EVE.

I've been playing it on and off for some years now. Mostly for the reason alot of people take up when disliking EVE, that it gets booring really fast since it's so time consuming and "dull", or whatnot.

But I always find myself loning back to EVE everytime I stop playing, I do love EVE and it's greatness.

But enouth of that. -hehe-

I'm glad that you enjoy it so far, and I know that you will enjoy it even more if you connect to the people playing it. I find EVE's community to be one of the best out there, in my experience. Sure there are alot of scumbags and such, but name a game that doesnt have those. I find the EVE players really helpfull and I dont have to feel stupid when asking something. -hehe-

Anyways, enjoy your stay and fly safe capsuleer.

o7

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by theoneandonly
    any  good beginers guides?

Well so far, the tutorial is amazing(probably one of the best)

People say its hard to learn the game.... so far i undestand almost everything the tutorial teaches me.... something like "EVE for Dummies" :)

heh I think you're gonna do well.

What time zone are you? If you're EU or close, shoot me a mail in game.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
      To each their own i guess OP..I regret wasting 4 years of my life on EVE.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by apocoluster

I bet you hated every moment and wish you were pumping iron in the gym instead like all those "WoW ruined my life, look at me now" people posting their videos on the interwebz?

Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by apocoluster

I bet you hated every moment and wish you were pumping iron in the gym instead like all those "WoW ruined my life, look at me now" people posting their videos on the interwebz?

KInda...high blood pressure, bad cholestorol, at risk for diabetes....I so wish I wasn't  a lazy gamer at times.  In retrospect..those 4 years on eve were enjoyed while doing them...its afterwards in the here and now I regret it  lol

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Then what you regret is a bad lifestyle, not the game.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Welcome :)
    Originally posted by Malcanis

Yes, I regret bad decisions Ive made..but I also regret giving CCP $740..once again after the fact.  At the time it seemed well spent,  Atleast I was able to salvage $300 though from my character sale. 

Exactly my point. EVE was not the culprit here :) You can enjoy a game without neglecting your health and/or RL relationships.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

welcome to the MMO by which you will judge all MMO in the future OP.

that is how good EVE is.  It's like, after you've seen Pulp Fiction, you judge Quentin's other movies based on Pulp Fiction (ok that might just be me)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116

EVE for 6 years and counting for me :)

Welcome OP ... do find a corp, ask lots of questions before you join, find one that has interests similar to yours.

GLHF

Originally posted by tom_gore

Exactly my point. EVE was not the culprit here :) You can enjoy a game without neglecting your health and/or RL relationships.

I dont blame Eve from my heath..I just regret ever subscribing to 4 years of screaming at my moniter etc etc.  Im glad I left 2 years ago..hell these days the frustration would probably kill me..so I cant go back , even if i wanted too.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

I'll consider these words 1 month from now, if you still play.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by Fusion

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

I'll consider these words 1 month from now, if you still play.

Im curious to see if he is still playing after losing his first cruiser or getting podded for the first time. 

lol Hey OP...  0.4 space is perfectly safe...dont believe all the hype  :)

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,359

I always wanted to like eve, and every so often I will download it again for another go. I always end up getting bored, or ticked off over losing a ship. I blame myself really, I'm just not that good in combat. I am one of those impaitent people that skipped the tutorials though. Maybe next time I break down and try it I'll go through those.

I miss Earth and Beyond dangit..... SCREW YOU EA!

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Welcome to EvE.  Here's a couple of links to help you on your way.

http://www.evealtruist.com/ - PvP (and general) advice

http://www.agony-unleashed.com/ - These guys run some superb courses/roams, well worth the expense.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Im curious to see if he is still playing after losing his first cruiser or getting podded for the first time. 

lol Hey OP...  0.4 space is perfectly safe...dont believe all the hype  :)

Well i don't have a problem with those stuff... full loot/perma death etc. in fact i embrace those features :)

I'm a Darkfall Fan so i love the "feeling of danger and loosing/getting stuff" :)

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Months? You can be dangerous inside of a week, if you build properly, and that's not with a massive amount of hours spent on it.

Where's the any key?

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Months? You can be dangerous inside of a week, if you build properly, and that's not with a massive amount of hours spent on it.

lolwut?

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    When DUST 415 comes out in the New Year, Eve should be an even richer game.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    Originally posted by Kiljaedenas

lolwut?

Unless your an information officer for the " State Department " ie: Christians in Action and keeping an eye on Goonswarm then a new player to EvE is nothing more then prey or cannon fodder. The long time players know this but still say otherwise.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA