Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Alpha Video!

2»

Comments

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

What bothered me about the video was how simple it looked to level. The guy was doing simple quests half his level and getting nearly 1/5 (quest xp + mob xp) a level's worth of xp.

I hate GW2 (or CO/DCUO) combat for a MMO. I definitely prefer the gear/stats numbers game, with perhaps the occasional "get out of the way of that falling meteor." People should be taking the damage, not being able to avoid any and all of it; their class/gear/talents/aa's should be what helpes mitigate it, else there's no need for teammates and anyone could solo anything.

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

This is just the questing system, they really did not take any chances with it, I would like to see how important it is to do these really though. I would prefer that they make your main source of leveling similar to ffxi which is grouping, maybe just give a few more things to do as a group than travel to a place and pull the same monster over and over.

As for the combat, It is very close to what I expected it to be and what I would want in my FF game, there are plenty of "action" titles out there to play the combat is a more traditional rpg style pretty much turn based, I enjoy this kind of combat at least the way it was done in ffxi I did. Those looking for an action game are not going to find it here with this combat, but the combat (at least in ffxi) was alot deeper than just standing there as it appears to be on these monsters.

• MimzelMimzel Member UncommonPosts: 375
    It's not looking good. They are like 6 years too late for a game like this. Sorry, Square Enix, this will flop - again...
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    WOW, not to sound a complete idiot but who in there right mind could endure such pathetic combat.  I thought Vanguard was slow when I tried it a few months ago but this takes the frikken cake.  Sure the scenery and gfx look amazing and the UI 'isn't half bad, but that combat is lets jsut say........the worse thing I have ever seen in an MMO.  It may as well go complete turn base liek the old FF games.

WOW, blah blah blah i like action combat. Ok we get it you want action combat and thats your opinion, but some of us like the tactic style combat so we are nutty not your game move on. lol 

Well sad for you because this is not tactic combat because it is still in real time and not turn based. It looks turn based because of how slow and in place it is. But in reality, its not.

This game will be as unpopular as its failed predecessor.

lol so for you tactical combat is only turn based? the only one who fail here is you.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    What are you going on about? If you stopped attacking the enemy would keep attacking.. it isn't going to wait for you to have your go! It is not turn based.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Vannor
    What are you going on about? If you stopped attacking the enemy would keep attacking.. it isn't going to wait for you to have your go! It is not turn based.

No one said it was turn based.

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Raveice
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    WOW, not to sound a complete idiot but who in there right mind could endure such pathetic combat.  I thought Vanguard was slow when I tried it a few months ago but this takes the frikken cake.  Sure the scenery and gfx look amazing and the UI 'isn't half bad, but that combat is lets jsut say........the worse thing I have ever seen in an MMO.  It may as well go complete turn base liek the old FF games.

The Bad

Combat - This could be a gray area, but not for me.  The combat is static.  The player just stood there while giant boars hit her.  When I saw "Dodge" text flow up I thought, "But she didn't dodge.  She just stood there."  That is a huge negative for me now.  Combat doesn't have to be total action like TERA or RaiderZ, but at least a hybrid like GW2 - a mix of action bar skills, soft-lock targetting, and active dodging.  It just feels like they polished a really nice 

I play the alpha beta and I agree that some small problems with the combat system, but not much.

This person who did this clip eh not very good at using the game's combat system. He stands there and just press buttons. You can stun the target and go behind the monsters and use an lethal attack and he does not use any skillchains which you also can use. So yes, more is useless clip in combat but shows anyway how to do quest.

But i wouldent call worst ihave seen alot worse alot. Iwould call it more most normal combat system out there already.

But this is still an alpha test and developer teams are constantly working to improve the game so what you see on this clip may not be the 100% finished version.

I play archer and there it happens that you see an animation dodge an attack.

Yes think the animation will get better but we'll see, but it's like nothing I disturbs me in exactly. I want a game that you can play and enjoy. I played FFXI for 6 years and since there has not been an end online games that yes been able to play more than 2

years.

Didnt you just break the NDA? :/