It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I have been looking at DF:UW for some time now, I am an old school mmo gamer and am just sick to death of all the post WoW era where - - everyone is equal, solo everything, linear story telling, no one talks because no one has too, self rezz where I died, hand holding, pink unicorns, glittery rainbows, zero thought, with pretty graphics bull shit that is out in mass production......... /end rant.
So I am looking for more information about this game, and for some reason it is very difficult to find anything specific. The only thing I can find is the devs jaw jacking about their game (which tells you very little, and are mostly bias anyway).
I have come to understand that this is a reboot, so knowing a little about Darkfall the original will probably help me understand more.. If I am having trouble getting information, perhaps there isn’t any right now, But I though I would ask anyway. I would like to pose some questions if anyone would be good enough to answer and expand on them for me.
1) What races are in this game? I know darkfall had some diverse races including dwarfs (MY FAVE!!!). Will this game have the same or more races?
2) They use the term DarkFall Reboot, can we elaborate a little on what the really means? Are we talking about a completely new game engine and physics? New zones? New character models and animations?
2a) Looking at gameplay video from DF 1, I noticed that the character movement and combat was rather clunky. Will DF:UW be more modern and fluid, like what we would expect in a 2012 release?
3) DF1 apparently didn't have a leveling system, instead you worked up your skills, I like the sound of that, but what exactly does that mean? Will skills cap? Are there a finite number of skills you can learn on one character?
4) Purchase price of the game plus subscription? Cash shop? Non of the above?
5) The PvP sounds both great, and disturbing. Will guards protect you in town? or will i get ganked while selling my junk to a vendor?
6) How are the grouping mechanics? Is it classic mmo set up, needing a tank a healer and a buffer to tackle dungeons?
7) Is Darkfall 1 still going on? Or does this game replace that game?
8) Will nostalgia carry players through out dated game mechanics? Or can a new player enjoy this as if it is a 2012 worthy video game?
The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.
The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...