Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Less crowding on the index page

RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

I've been noticing you guys have way too much info on the main website. I understand a lot of this content is common to most reader's interests but a lot of the information is unneeded really and the index page appears as just over 4 pages in height on my screen (1440 x 900 resolution).

There's so much information that I skip about 90% of the content there just because it is an RSS feed or something I have no interest in, like "RTS/FPS Guru.com" or "Upcoming MMOs" because the big name games will be featured in articles anyways. The main page seems like it needs to cut down on the amount of content it has. Some of the most relevant info is below the fold, like MMOFTW and the Columnists which is probably the more visited parts of the site. Also, the Facebook/Twitter/Youtube/Podcast icons can probably be relocated to the main banner.

These are my design suggestions, I'm but a fledgling web-designer but this is something I feel like you guys at MMORPG could benefit from.

Thanks for lookin' and listenin' to my ideas.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    We're actually in the process of a redesign at the moment. ;) Hang tight!
  • RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240
    Awesome, I can't wait to see what it looks like after the redesign. :D

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• GazthSonikaGazthSonika Member Posts: 20

I definitely agree with the OP, good to know there's change coming.

GS