Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

7950, drivers and WoW

AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

So finally got my 7950 and the new pc up and going but now i'm stuck with issues. I've scoured the net and found several other similar issues aswell. 

Right now I can't play WoW or Diablo 3 without freezing and my display drivers crashing and recovering. My system doesn't crash at all. I just have to force close wow after a bit of slowness on the system trying to get out of the locked up game.

I can't find any official response on the issue but it seems to have been a plague for awhile now. Anyone have any wisdom to share? Kinda bummed i can't use my new PC. Short of either a new GPU or reinstalling windows, i don't know what to try. 

Comments

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Denver, COPosts: 256Member
    Originally posted by Aori

So finally got my 7950 and the new pc up and going but now i'm stuck with issues. I've scoured the net and found several other similar issues aswell. 

Right now I can't play WoW or Diablo 3 without freezing and my display drivers crashing and recovering. My system doesn't crash at all. I just have to force close wow after a bit of slowness on the system trying to get out of the locked up game.

I can't find any official response on the issue but it seems to have been a plague for awhile now. Anyone have any wisdom to share? Kinda bummed i can't use my new PC. Short of either a new GPU or reinstalling windows, i don't know what to try. 

Did you install the drivers from AMD or from your card manufacturer's website?

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    AMD
  • CabalocCabaloc Fort Pierce, FLPosts: 116Member
    Uninstall whatever drives you have on there and install again, sometimes you have to remove the previous drivers and see if this helps .
    already done that, there is a beta revision that came out last night.. going to see if that improves anything.
  • VaahVaah San Francisco, CAPosts: 47Member Uncommon
    There's a known bug with wow and an amd 7000 series card.  It'll crash in dx11 mode if you use anything newer than the 12.2 driver.  So either use dx9 mode and the newest drivers, or dx11 with the older drivers.
    Dx9 doesn't work for everyone, myself included. I may try old drivers.