There's been a lot of concern/confusion about the limited skills to 30 with Xsyon's Free Play
In Xsyon you have base stats and skills, with this new free play model it works like this:
Base Stats: Base stats are selected when you first create your character, the available base stats are...
You are given 500 points to put into your base stats at character creation and each base stat starts with 50 points (you can raise or lower this number)
Basically you get enough points to get 5 base stats to 90 at character creation if you wanted (your base stats can be taken to 100 in game with normal gameplay, they raise and lower based on what you do as you play.)
Base stats are not counted and not limited to 30 points with the free play option only your skills are capped at 30
Gear is not determined by any levels in the game (xsyon doesn't have player levels), so even though you may not be able to craft an item you can still use or wear it if you get it from another player.
Patch Highlights Since Launch
- Completely Reworked Skill System
- Completely Reworked Combat System (it's now similar to Mount & Blade in the sense you can control the directional swing of your weapon and you can control the directional blocking for incoming attacks)
- Tribe radius now upgrades itself automatically as your tribe population grows
- Bins are now automatically set to public off of tribal lands
- Zombies added
- Creatures can mutate into much harder mutated creatures
- Totems will now decay and be removed from inactivity (takes 3 months for total removal)
- Zombies can attack and loot players, can also use the looted items like the armor and weapons against other players
- Tribe radius changed to a square instead of a circle
- Player made quests and market system accessed through the totem (was in at launch but didn't work, it is not fixed and working)
- Lots of new building pieces added
- Actual housing pieces have been added, you can build your own house (ability to rent out housing coming eventually)
- Canteens and water barrels added (you can carry water with you and barrels store water at your tribe location)
There's been 100's of bug fixes and tweaks and I'm sure there's a few major things I've missed, I've been really busy for the last 6 months and haven't played much.