Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardware specs for Crysis 3

CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

If I put this in the wrong section, sorry .

These specs just blew my mind for high performance settings, 2x 680's in sli ? lol that leaves me out .

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Crysis-3-System-Requirements-DirectX-11-Radeon-GeForce,19509.html

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

I have never been a fan of the game, but everyone in the enthusiast community had to give credit to Crysis 1 for raising the PC bar, and in general for CryEngine. Too bad they lost most of their credibility with Crysis 2. I don't have a lot of hope for Crysis 3 - if they try to push the PC bar again, they will more or less just come off as abusing hardware rather than pushing the envelope, and if they don't, they'll just be catering to consoles again. Crytek rather pinned themselves in to a Catch 22.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Yeh, Crysis 2 just didn't do it for me at all and the high system requirements just made it even worse. Crysis 1 was a masterpiece because it was a good game with good and demanding graphics. Crysis 2 was a let down because it was an average game with good and demanding graphics.

Gameplay needs to be there first before any graphics can be praised. Lets hope they get back on track with C3.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Going by the alpha of the game it neither looks particularly good graphically nor runs well. So far its run of the mill and crappy optimized so the daft specs are just covering their own backsides.

At least the first game could get away with running crap as even now it's still held up as one of the best looking games, especially modded.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I like the high end system requirements.

You can either use a Core i5 2500, or an FX4170.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I think my PC will struggle.

Though I have an array of SSDs, two 7970s in Crossfire, 16 GB of 1600mhz RAM, and a 3.4GHz quad core, I'm betting my PC will struggle.

Why will my PC struggle with this game?  because I'll want to run it at six times 1080p.  7680 x 1600 resolution.  I buy graphics cards to support my displays rather than to run games :(