Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New patch 3.12.2012

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-3-2012

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Edit. 1 undocumented change. Now server selection lists old medium servers are High, old High servers as Very high. I wonder why they changed it. Sure it sounds better but it still feels like a strange change.

Edit 2. Is it just me or have they changed background in inventory/hero screen too?

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Glad they fixed the CoE dungeon Path 1, so that I can easily completely my gear set, but now I hear they've broken AC Path 3. image

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by QSatu

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-December-3-2012

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Edit. 1 undocumented change. Now server selection lists old medium servers are High, old High servers as Very high. I wonder why they changed it. Sure it sounds better but it still feels like a strange change.

Edit 2. Is it just me or have they changed background in inventory/hero screen too?

How do you know about the undocumented change?  Is this something they have said, which would make it documented just not in the notes, or is this something the community has decided on?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

Mainly fixing stuff =]

How do you know about the undocumented change?  Is this something they have said, which would make it documented just not in the notes, or is this something the community has decided on?

Just some crap he's making up to try and give the illusion that the game is actually in population trouble.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by Volkon

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Just some crap he's making up to try and give the illusion that the game is actually in population trouble.

wow a little touchy I see. I sim ply logged in and saw those changes but didn't see them listed in patch notes so i decided to list them.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

Mainly fixing stuff =]

wow a little touchy I see. I sim ply logged in and saw those changes but didn't see them listed in patch notes so i decided to list them.

good job listing it as absolute truth then .. lmao ... way to go buddy :)

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    Patch brought a lot of stealth fixes actually, just in the fractals dungeons there are over 5 fixes and changes that were not put in the patch notes.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    • Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.

Time for another Ranger fit.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Which is a usual practice for devs actually. I remember a site that was dedicated to "ghost patchnotes" but I don't recall the adress... Oo

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Ignore them. The change was made, and it was not documented. This means it's a undocumented change.

What they are upset about is that this shows (everyone including them already knew) that sever population status can and has been manipulated . 

Does this prove that the servers are empty? No it doesn't. It does prove that the high-low lable next to the server name means next to nothing, even in GW2. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by bcbully

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Ignore them. The change was made, and it was not documented. This means it's a undocumented change.

What they are upset about is that this shows (everyone including them already knew) that sever population status can and has been manipulated . 

Does this prove that the servers are empty? No it doesn't. It does prove that the high-low lable next to the server name means next to nothing, even in GW2. 

Please. There was no change made regarding the population labels. Nice try.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

Mainly fixing stuff =]

People love a good conspiracy theory no matter how inane it is.

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Medium is now high? High is now very high? No change was made?

Relax dude. It's no big deal. This happens all the time  in mmos.

• sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    conspiracy theories or not... i cant seem to find anyone in low/mid lvl areas.... and since 2 days ago i can hardly do the events at Orr.. only at prime times things are better at lvl 80 areas... but even then people are not enough to do the big god bosses... and that is really sad... maybe they are all at fractals.. i dunno...even at lions arch i can see too many people...even though sometimes i get overflow... and when i chose to come back to normal lions arch i cant see many players...thats odd rly... 1 month ago things wasnt like this,.. btw i noticed that orr npcs now Ressurect players too.. is that new? or i wasnt expeienced myself before...

Mainly fixing stuff =]

Yes, no change was made. What's the next accusation... Full is now Very Full?

Oderint, dum metuant.

Before:image After: image

Volkon please don;t accuse people of lying just becouse you are too lazy to check the facts. I am the last person going to say that gw2 is dying in population [mod edit]. And Full is still listed as Full.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264

Before: After: Volkon please don;t accuse people of lying just becouse you are too lazy to check the facts. I am the last person going to say that gw2 is dying in population but it's annoying seeing ignorant people like you. And Full is still listed as Full.

I don't get it though how do you know that medium was turn to high and high in very high. thats all I am wondering.

Ok that might be my assumption but I check server list almost daily when I log in. And europe always had 3-4 medium sized servers. now those servers are listed as High. While all old High servers are listed as Very high. Sure we can argue that all those servers had big influx of players now but there wasn't "Very high" tier before the patch so they must have added at least thise 1 additional tier.

Ok that might be my assumption but I check server list almost daily when I log in. And europe always had 3-4 medium sized servers. now those servers are listed as High. While all old High servers are listed as Very high. Sure we can argue that all those servers had big influx of players now but there wasn't "Very high" tier before the patch so they must have added at least thise 1 additional tier.

This would have been a good response in the first place don't you think?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I don't doubt that a change was made personally.The problem is that even thougih they probably broke it up into more tiers to be more descriptive and reactive to population changes,as already seen peopel here will read the absolute worst inot the change and use it to support whatever negative claim they want.

I'm saying this as someone who hasn't logged into GW2 for a couple weeks now but am still satisfied I got my money's worth of fun out of it.

Originally posted by elitero

In the original post I said they chaned the way they list the servers. and am wondering why they added this additional tier. Then I started being accused of lying. So I don't understand what you mean.

Originally posted by elitero   Originally posted by QSatu Ok that might be my assumption but I check server list almost daily when I log in. And europe always had 3-4 medium sized servers. now those servers are listed as High. While all old High servers are listed as Very high. Sure we can argue that all those servers had big influx of players now but there wasn't "Very high" tier before the patch so they must have added at least thise 1 additional tier.
    In the original post I said they chaned the way they list the servers. and am wondering why they added this additional tier. Then I started being accused of lying. So I don't understand what you mean.

Facts are everything yes they made a change but you do not have facts to prove your opinion right? yea I can assume also they increased the server load and they did it because they saw an influx of players, but thats just tin foiling it and I'd rather not since its not a fact.

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by sodade21 conspiracy theories or not... i cant seem to find anyone in low/mid lvl areas.... and since 2 days ago i can hardly do the events at Orr.. only at prime times things are better at lvl 80 areas... but even then people are not enough to do the big god bosses... and that is really sad... maybe they are all at fractals.. i dunno...even at lions arch i can see too many people...even though sometimes i get overflow... and when i chose to come back to normal lions arch i cant see many players...thats odd rly... 1 month ago things wasnt like this,.. btw i noticed that orr npcs now Ressurect players too.. is that new? or i wasnt expeienced myself before...
    Underworld on EU, even at 2:00 yesterday was fill with people, at queensdale and cursed shore, the last it was 5 days meta chain quests bugged, completely full of people and DE's broke in a eye glitch , i hope they fix Orr DE's for good, its annoying how those nasty broken DE's lasts days without a fix

Mainly fixing stuff =]

"Relax dude. It's no big deal. This happens all the time  in mmos."

Yes, no change was made. What's the next accusation... Full is now Very Full?

Don't edit my post to change the meaning. That's frowned upon around here.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Highlights for me:

Also, I don't know if it was this patch or a previous one this month(since I could barely play during thanksgiving) but in spvp now you can see you armor with whatever dye colors you gave it and also your teamates, the other team is still red or blue.