Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any FTP titles worth checking out?

2»

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

EQ.  Over 13 years running and still putting out expansions.  Will be low costs to play exact class you want, however if your timing is good you may hit a 2x SC or 3SC day (3x you can purchase 1yr subscription for like $25 if you buy card from walmart that gives you additional like 500SC which is tripled as well) to purchase a class/race.

Unfortunately, the game is no where near what it use to be, but it is still much better than any game made from 2004 until now and currently running.

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Sorry but SWTOR F2P is by far the worse. And I have done AoC DDO LOTRO AION CoX EQ2 and a couple of others.

Turbine(DDO & LOTRO) probably has the best of a western game. Aion the F2P is good but the game is just not for me.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    At the moment? Firefall and Planetside 2 tops the list
  • zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Yizle

Sorry but SWTOR F2P is by far the worse. And I have done AoC DDO LOTRO AION CoX EQ2 and a couple of others.

Turbine(DDO & LOTRO) probably has the best of a western game. Aion the F2P is good but the game is just not for me.

yep 1000% agree.

SWTOR is just using their good single player rpg style story line to market as their mmorpg. Only that is free. Everything from visual customisation/hotbars/banks/end tier gear enabling will require you to pay for it in their cartel market. And currently you cant buy it off from other players when your f2p due to your severely low currency cap 350k.

So there shouldnt be any current game company that can match theirs and dare to call it free to play.

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Bookah

Aion, best FTP policy going and an awesome game to boot.

There development has been FURIOUS since going FTP if you like an MMO with amazing fast pvp you cant go wrong.

Wait, what? What Aion are you playing? Aion has some of the worst ability delay and animation locking I have ever seen. The combat feels so clunky it's basically unplayable. The rest of the game is ok though. But the sluggish combat turned me away every time.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    If you can spend some money but not a lot I have one question: do you have a Walmart close? SoE has a great lineup of F2P games but they have certain restrictions. The way around those restrictions without subbing is with using SC (Sony Cash).

Well SoE has double and triple SC weekends and if you buy a 15.00 Walmart card and redeem during a triple SC weekend you'll get 6k SC usually worth 60.00.

All SoE games run on SC and have freemium options so you can try then out. I would before buying anything since you may not like any of the titles.
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

Try "TERA Online" they have discovery edition which lets you play free up to level 28. After that the game is sub based, but you can buy "Chronoscrolls" from other players for in game gold, which credits your account a month of game time. So you could play for free technically forever as long as you have the gold to buy the scrolls.

You would probably have to sub until you had a level 50-60 toon that could farm effectively before you would have enough gold to pay for a scroll each month.

I dont see TERA as being long term, but it is holding me and my friend over until Blade and Soul or Blizzard next MMO...