Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project universe

Verik97Verik97 Athens, OHPosts: 8Member Uncommon

A new game thats about to go into development, seems very ambitious. The video claims unlimited play styles, a world the size of earth and what seems like a 100% sandbox experience.

• EtherougeEtherouge Candler, NCPosts: 514Member
    Is that even technologically feasible right now?
  • Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Albany, NYPosts: 256Member Uncommon

If this even possible, I would support it.

The cool thing is as we discover earth-like planets in real life, they can be designed and introduced into this Virtual Parallel Universe.

Pretty interesting and ambitious doesn't even begin to describe it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more information.

• VarthanderVarthander BarcelonaPosts: 471Member Uncommon
    This seems to good to be true, if they survive long enough then i will get excited.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,995Member Uncommon

That sounds to me more like a wish list from some gaming fans who have never programmed anything than a serious effort at creating a game.

Infinite play styles is absurd on its face.  Computers can't handle infinite anything, or at least not in finite time.

One problem is that anything that you allow players to do has to be programmed in custom.  You can't just program in a million new features, as you don't have the development time for that.  They make their features sound scattershot and unfocused, which means that they won't mesh well together.  Players will figure out the few things that give the best rewards and mostly ignore the rest.