Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DF:UW questions

How many servers?

How many characters on an account?

How many characters per server?

How much $$$ is the game?

How much $$$ for the subscription?

Can we use Paypal?

How does territory control work?

Can clans form alliances?

Are game accounts tied to the DF forums?

Will DFUW use the same DF forums?

These are just off the top of my head. I'm unimpressed by the lack of official basic information for a game that's 10 days past the first launch date and 10 days before its current launch date. Am I just missing a page or site, or is this information just not out there?

Comments

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by djmtott

How many servers?  2, NA and EU

How many characters on an account? 2

How many characters per server? 1

How much $$$ is the game? 29,99€ more information next week

How much $$$ for the subscription? more information next week

Can we use Paypal? yes

How does territory control work? 

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=2415

Can clans form alliances? yes of course

Are game accounts tied to the DF forums? yes but it wont show you in game name

Will DFUW use the same DF forums? no info about that

These are just off the top of my head. I'm unimpressed by the lack of official basic information for a game that's 10 days past the first launch date and 10 days before its current launch date. Am I just missing a page or site, or is this information just not out there?

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177
    Thanks for the info. My question, "Can clans form alliances?" was about game mechanics. I know that clans can form 'verbal' agreements, but are there any game mechanics to support clan alliances, like something that exists in EVE?
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

2 server , EU1 and NA1

1 char, no limitations on skills other then temporaly roles

1 char per server (some confusing interpretation of Tasos last interview leads some to believe that you can have 1 char for both servers but i think just in the meaning of paid tranfair service between the servers)

not published info, yet on client price.

not published info on subscription fees.

its possible to use Paypal.

Through laying sieges on enemy "player cities" and through capture the villages "stone" tied to those "player cities".

Yes, player driven. (there was a political map feature planned but we don't know if it makes to lucnh and how it will works, but for now the alliances forms and manage themselves in 3rd party sites).

Yes, you can tie game account to a forum account.

Yes, the forums will be the same.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Thanks for the info. My question, "Can clans form alliances?" was about game mechanics. I know that clans can form 'verbal' agreements, but are there any game mechanics to support clan alliances, like something that exists in EVE?

You have a alliance chat and the color for the name is different. ( for example Darkfall had a bright green for clanmates and a dark green for allies )

Other than that there is no benefit. However since the guild management system changed in DF:UW we have to see what they added

Also there is so littel information because they want to start silence. Only fans of the old darkfall will starte the game because everyone knows there will be bugs at release that didnt got covered by AV's QA

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Well in darkfall although alliances didn't have official ingame names, there was  "clan alliance" chat, so i'm not sure how else they could be "official". maybe will we see in df:UW

however they have taled about a contract system, and long ago they said there would be an ingame pollitical map. we'll see basically.

My blog: image

• DzikuniDzikuni Member UncommonPosts: 38

You can live in their cities

ally chat

green color nicks