Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Future Of World Of Warcraft, New Gameplay/Graphics?

Imperator101Imperator101 Toronto, ONPosts: 131Member

Blizzard has said they will do more expansions, I estimate that 3 more will come out. One in 2013, 2014, and 2015 but what wil be next for WoW after that? I don't think they should make an entirely new sequel that would seperate it from the original game but to rev-amp the games graphics, add a huge new world and add the option for skill based gameplay.

What the Devs should do is once they are finished all the expansions then a sequel would probably be next. It should have optional new gameplay that would be spread to half of the Realms, gameplay would be sort of like skyrim, it would be skill based with a first person view, blocking and FPS like aiming for spells. The graphics would also be a lot better and their would be new lands to explore.

 

I doubt this would ever happen but it would be great if WoW did have gameplay like this, the world is among the best looking diverse range of enviornments in any MMO, if they just updated the Player models/NPC's and added new gameplay like this then it would be amazing.

image

Comments

  • XiaokiXiaoki White Pigeon, MIPosts: 2,609Member Uncommon

    Blizzard wants expansions to come out faster but dont expect them to be any faster than 1.5 years apart. But you also have the Blizzard schedule to factor in. Meaning, expect delays.


    Also, why would Blizzard just end WoW after another 3 expansions? If WoW is making half as much money at that point as it is now it would still be the highest earning MMO in the world.


    If WoW is abandoned Blizzard would put all their MMO effort into Titan(which should be out by then). While focusing on Titan they would probably develop a sequel to WoW but it would most likely have as slow a production cycle as Titan is currently.

  • delete5230delete5230 Posts: 2,965Member Uncommon
    Blizzard should develop an extra size, heavy duty keyboard so kids 1-3 can play.
  • LurkersLurkers oranburg, SCPosts: 20Member
    The truth is as long as $$$ keep rolling in more then 3 expansions will happen don't fool yourself thinking they will stop mmos are all about never ending content period.
  • fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,665Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Blizzard should develop an extra size, heavy duty keyboard so kids 1-3 can play.

    Naah, WoW is for grown ups. It does say 12+ on the box if you haven't noticed... 3 year olds have EQ, DAOC and other such games! Absolutely no sarcasm intended.

    Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

  • ShadoedShadoed BirminghamPosts: 1,499Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Impeator101

    Blizzard has said they will do more expansions, I estimate that 3 more will come out. One in 2013, 2014, and 2015 but what wil be next for WoW after that? I don't think they should make an entirely new sequel that would seperate it from the original game but to rev-amp the games graphics, add a huge new world and add the option for skill based gameplay.

    What the Devs should do is once they are finished all the expansions then a sequel would probably be next. It should have optional new gameplay that would be spread to half of the Realms, gameplay would be sort of like skyrim, it would be skill based with a first person view, blocking and FPS like aiming for spells. The graphics would also be a lot better and their would be new lands to explore.

     

    I doubt this would ever happen but it would be great if WoW did have gameplay like this, the world is among the best looking diverse range of enviornments in any MMO, if they just updated the Player models/NPC's and added new gameplay like this then it would be amazing.

    This is a bit of a contradiction as you seem to be saying, don't get rid of the old game, but at the same time completely change it? Why not just leave this game as it is and build a new game based on the world with the features that you are looking for, wouldn't that make a little more sense?

    It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance ParisPosts: 1,223Member

    Originally posted by Xiaoki

    Blizzard wants expansions to come out faster but dont expect them to be any faster than 1.5 years apart. But you also have the Blizzard schedule to factor in. Meaning, expect delays.


    Also, why would Blizzard just end WoW after another 3 expansions? If WoW is making half as much money at that point as it is now it would still be the highest earning MMO in the world.


    If WoW is abandoned Blizzard would put all their MMO effort into Titan(which should be out by then). While focusing on Titan they would probably develop a sequel to WoW but it would most likely have as slow a production cycle as Titan is currently.

    [mod edit]

    Xiaoki hit the nail on the head. WoW has a certain look that is based on the previous Warcraft series, it has become virtually a brand as of in itself. People like playing this game: why would Blizzard make things worse for themselves and completely change it risking possibly losing a lot of disappointed people. They have already been extremely risky changing the talent trees as they have. NGEs do not do wonders for games as a general rule of thumb.

    If they ever have a sequal to WoW, there is no reason for them to kill off WoW while they are developing it. So far, Blizzard seems to support all of their products regardless of age, even if the development cycles slow. It would make sense to keep WoW running while working on WoW2.

     

    To Vladamyre, I PvPed and RvRed extensively with a 16 year old in DAoC. He and I duoed for the early part of the game and I can tell you he was far better at handling losing than I was, especially at first. Once I got used to PvP, I didn't mind losing as much and now I really don't care: it is just a game after all!

    He was not the only under-18 I have played with in a PvP setting that was awesome. There were many others. Sure, they could sometimes be annoying, but generally they do not behave that much differently from many adults, and this is in both WoW and DAoC.

    I disagree with you that DAoC's RvR only takes skill: gear is also an important factor.

    Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

    image
  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,870Member Uncommon


    Originally posted by Impeator101

    to rev-amp the games graphics, add a huge new world and add the option for skill based gameplay.

    I do not think you understand the amount of work such task would require. It would never pay off for Blizzard.

  • VolkmarVolkmar EspooPosts: 2,497Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Impeator101

    Blizzard has said they will do more expansions, I estimate that 3 more will come out. One in 2013, 2014, and 2015 but what wil be next for WoW after that? I don't think they should make an entirely new sequel that would seperate it from the original game but to rev-amp the games graphics, add a huge new world and add the option for skill based gameplay.

    What the Devs should do is once they are finished all the expansions then a sequel would probably be next. It should have optional new gameplay that would be spread to half of the Realms, gameplay would be sort of like skyrim, it would be skill based with a first person view, blocking and FPS like aiming for spells. The graphics would also be a lot better and their would be new lands to explore.

     

    I doubt this would ever happen but it would be great if WoW did have gameplay like this, the world is among the best looking diverse range of enviornments in any MMO, if they just updated the Player models/NPC's and added new gameplay like this then it would be amazing.

    So you are hoping Blizzard pulls an NGE on WoW??

    Never going to happen. Sony already proved that radically changing gameplay in a game will bring just loads and loads of hate. And at least Sony had the "excuse" of trying to enlarge the subscription base of SWG. What would Blizzard be possibly looking for with such a drastic gameplay change? Nothing, that's what.

    Much more reasonable is that Titan will not use the same gameplay and mechanics as WoW but will introduce different ones, maybe like the ones you describe, maybe something else entirely, who knows.

     

     

    "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"



  • TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc PinheiralPosts: 350Member Uncommon
    while the cash is flowing, nothing will change, wow wont be shot down and blizz wont release any other mmorpg.
Sign In or Register to comment.