Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cannot create account when using "my" email address

ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Anyone else noticed you cannot use your own email address while creating an account to this game?

I guess it wants my facebook/gmail etc details/email address - which i do not have, andq/or will not give.

I tried creating an account with my own domain's email address and i keep getting "wrong email address" - anyone else with same problem?

thanks for your help guys.

Just my 2 cents...

Comments

• syntax42syntax42 Member UncommonPosts: 1,378

I have not tried to register for this game.  I would suggesting using a free public email address instead of one for a domain you own.  I would not suggest using the same password for their site.

I really hope they aren't jumping on the bandwagon that asks you to sign in using your Facebook or Gmail account.  Those sites seem very insecure and it would be easy to make a web page which asks you to sign in but steals your account information instead.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by syntax42

I have not tried to register for this game.  I would suggesting using a free public email address instead of one for a domain you own.  I would not suggest using the same password for their site.

I really hope they aren't jumping on the bandwagon that asks you to sign in using your Facebook or Gmail account.  Those sites seem very insecure and it would be easy to make a web page which asks you to sign in but steals your account information instead.

Thats why you have to make sure if you are being asked for login information you are actually at Facebook. Personally my Facebook account is always logged in, so if I ever had to enter my login information at all to use one of these sites/games with facebook login I would already be suspicious.

Personally, Facebook logins just make things soooo much easier than having to remember accounts and passwords for so many sites.