Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trust

Simply put I am not sure if I trust another Final Fantasy online game, didn't like the last ones...Hope I am wrong, I really like the FF Franchise

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

Comments

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

From what Ive read and videos Ive seen Im willing to give it another go, but they better impress me from the start this time because Ill not give it a 3rd chance.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• serratedpigeonserratedpigeon Member Posts: 7

Final Fantasy XI was pretty amazing for its time. XIV may have been a flop, but instead of continuing to charge people to play they took it down and revamped it. That in itself makes me wanna try it again!

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    I TRUST SE is going to put out the best damn Final Fantasy ever because sooo much is riding on it. FF is the flag ship it is SEs baby. And it will be the best damn mmo out there bar none . Except the WoW fan boys will call it a clone and call it nothing new . Because there to blind to see something greater. And I TRULY believe ARR is going to be epic.

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by UngoHumungo
    Simply put I am not sure if I trust another Final Fantasy online game, didn't like the last ones...Hope I am wrong, I really like the FF Franchise

You really won't know until you have tried it. I do not know why people have the need to speculate first before playing. SE will do right, they always do and always have. Have a little hope, it goes a long ways :)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    I TRUST SE is going to put out the best damn Final Fantasy ever because sooo much is riding on it. FF is the flag ship it is SEs baby. And it will be the best damn mmo out there bar none . Except the WoW fan boys will call it a clone and call it nothing new . Because there to blind to see something greater. And I TRULY believe ARR is going to be epic.

Wow, you might want to be careful with such high hopes, sooner you get in to alpha and can see the pros and cons the better, I understand being really excited, but SE are working with a massive handicap of terrible habits and ignorance of industry standards Tanaka left them with, and Yoshi still has a bit to go before he and his team are up to speed. 

Make no mistake Yoshida is the best thing to happen to SE in a decade, but ARR has some stiff competition from mmos made by devs that don’t have so much cultural baggage to lose. In some areas ARR will be average or derivative, and other areas it will be fresh and interesting, a mixed bag, not better than the rest in every way.

Also its a matter of taste, some fans of 1.0 will not like the new version, others (like me) that yearned for more universal standards of questing and UI will LOVE this version, I don't know which of the two you may be.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    Originally posted by UngoHumungo

Whether you like a game and trust its developer are two different things.

I don't recall any breaches of trust over FFXI, though XIV undoubtedly was a big disappointment for most.

I'd say you can trust Yoshi P though (the new producer and director for XIV); he's quite easily the most open and honest MMO dev in existence. He doesn't talk PR nonsense; he tells players exactly what to expect and will be quite blunt about what can and can't be done. Hell we already know more or less exactly what ARR will be seeing for its first few content updates...

To be honest though you're probably better off just not trusting them and reserving your judgement until launch. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised.