End of Nations - On Hold Until Further Notice

TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,381

According to Massively, Trion's End of Nations is on hold until further notice.  The article states that open beta is on hold indefinitely and closed beta customers will be receiving a refund.  Trion posted a blurb on their Facebook page last Wednesday.

Here is the article: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/27/trion-postpones-end-of-nations-open-beta-until-further-notice/

Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
Album: Plastic Fantastic
Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
Tagged:

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ In A Van, Down By the RiverMember UncommonPosts: 662
    I wonder what's up. Are they running low on funds?
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,381

If you check the Facebook page there is a little more information.  Basically it sounds like they aren't satisfied with how it's working and shutting down external testing until they have things sorted out (whatever that means).

Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILMember CommonPosts: 386

No one was interested in C&C4 style mmorts.

Come back when you have a persistant world and where your designated base isnt just an spot to churn out troops that died.

Give us resource managment and permanant bases and this game will be far more interesting.

Was so interested in this game way back when no one knew specifics, once i learned it followed the hated C&C4 mechanics i lost all interest.

Originally posted by Crunchy222
    No one was interested in C&C4 style mmorts. Come back when you have a persistant world and where your designated base isnt just an spot to churn out troops that died. Give us resource managment and permanant bases and this game will be far more interesting. Was so interested in this game way back when no one knew specifics, once i learned it followed the hated C&C4 mechanics i lost all interest.

Yeah, I wouldn't want just C&C either, but I wouldn't mind some C&C elements.  I'm reading into what they posted on Facebook, but it seems like they are mulling over a lot of the critical feedback they received.  I'm curious what they will do.  Trion is pretty good about considering the desires of the player base, at least in rift.

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIMember RarePosts: 9,108
    It just wasn't fun. I hope the extra resources will help defiance.
    Originally posted by bcbully
    It just wasn't fun. I hope the extra resources will help defiance.

According to the Facebook blurb they haven't cancelled it or diverted resources.  They've closed public access for what appears to be a review of some sort.

• HalfEmptyHalfEmpty Arlington, VAMember Posts: 45
    If Petroglyph did the same kind of job on making a balanced game as they did on Empire at War (ugh), then they've probably got alot of reworking to do before it will be ready. 
  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIMember RarePosts: 9,108
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Sadly they missed the mark with this one, by a lot.

Trion support.

• BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIMember CommonPosts: 7,974

Never even touched my radar - no interest in MMORTS personally.

It's got to be hard balancing continued support and expansion of RIFT and I'm sure they've got a LOT riding on Defiance and their deal with SyFy.

Best of luck Trion.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAMember CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

They weren't developing the game in house, they had another developer doing it. I would assume they outsourced the development because they didn't have enough staff in house to produce three games at the same time.

That developer folded on the game, so Trion had to bring development back in house if they wanted to see the game finished. They've laid some people off so it's not likely they have enough people to complete development on the game along with the final stretch of working on Defiance. They'll probably start development on the game back up soon after Defiance releases.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.