Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What 3 games did you waste money on in 2012?

Comments

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by Unojc

For me it would be....

- BF3

- D3

- GW2

Again just my opinion with my playstyle.

minus the bf3, and add TSW.

i like my bf3.

Gw2 i wished i could get a refund, probably played it 3 days (maybe 2-3 hours each)

i couldnt do more than one playthrough of D3, either. utterly disappointed.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If you like skyrim, I highly recommend you get farcry 3. It's very skyrim like.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    I really feel that I only wasted money on D3. I got some good playtime out of Tera and GW2 for awhile.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

GW2 wasn't a great purchase, but not a total waste of money.

Other than that i don't think any of my purchases were a waste of money.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

This won't be very popular but I would say the only game that was a waste was Skyrim.  I've realized that after playing MMO's, I can't play single player games ever again.

The most obvious bomb I avoided was D3, I'm suprised more people didn't see that it was going to be really bad prior to purchasing.

Edit:  Enjoyed my time in TSW and GW2 and even SWTOR to some extent.  They just didn't quite live up to being my next long term MMO.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Haven't wasted any money on games yet this year.

TOR was worth what I paid for the number of hours enjoyment I got out of it.

Same with GW2.

Same with MoP - still having fun there.

Same with Halo 4 - still having fun.

ME3 I was so upset/angry/disappointed in the ending - but the rest of the game was great so no problems there.

Pretty sure that has been all I've bought this year.

Didn't waste my time/money on D3 - never was a fan of D1 or D2.

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

TL2

TSW

WOW 1 YEAR PLAN  TO GET D3 ( caps )

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Tera
    Diablo 3
    WoW Cata

I wouldn't say I wasted money on SWTOR - the first playthrough was worth the box cost, but it wasn't worth much past that.

I didn't get Cata at release - in fact I had quit WoW for a long time, but last winter/spring I wanted to check out the "new" dungeon finder and such, so I got Cata and resubed for a month. Waste.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

None.  Working yourself up to the disappointment level where you feel you "wasted" money just takes too much negative effort.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Originally posted by VendettaDFA

GW2 - not as advertised - got a refund- still doesnt make up for the lost time I invested.  I will go back to Aion and Allods - both free to play and both in better playabilit'y shape than this antisocial zergfest.

Hahaha some people, sorry your original refund thread was locked :P Doesn't make up for the lost time you invested, I'm going out on a limb and guessing you're not someone who makes a crap load of money and your time probably isn't worth much $ per hour. Hours and hours of gameplay in GW2 I bet too.

Didn't waste any money on any games. TSW was good for a couple months. GW2 is still good. SWTOR, last year, played several months on that. Bought some Wii games to play during holidays with family, good investments.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    While I bought 3 games last year, (SWTOR, TERA, TSW) I don't feel I wasted my money on any of them. True, none turned out to be the sort of long term experience I was seeking, but all provided entertainment for a few months or so.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    I have only spent money on GW2 and I am still playing it, so it's not a waste for me. I am surprised that some bought the lifetime sub  for TSW from Failcom. I didn't bother with TERA and MOP, just by looking at gameplay videos was enough to pass.
  • Zohdi118Zohdi118 Member UncommonPosts: 76

GW2 - Over-hyped poor game

Diablo 3 - really.....three times through the exact same content or was it 4?

Planetside 2 - last time I will ever pre-order an MMO/RPG

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

Guild Wars 2 and WoW Mist of Pandaria- would be what I feel I wasted my money on.

Rift and the Storm Legion exp pack I feel I am happy with.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

SWTOR

GW2

D3

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

GW2.  lol good lord, had such high hopes.  What a let down.

D3.  While I had fun at first, the way the game played, it felt nothing like D2.  It was terrible.

That's about it.

I must say, I grabbed Xcom on discount, and this is worth full price.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266

TERA - Good graphics and combat, but the endgame sucks in so many ways (too steep gear curve, class balance issues, poorly designed dungeons and BGs, Nexus and GvG systems need work), leveling is boring and uninspired, and the lack of a good story makes it hard to feel connected to your character and the world around you so it just feels like a world without a soul which even for a non-RPer like me makes a noticeable difference compared to other games.

SWTOR - recently resubbed and am having fun playing casually. However the initial 3 month sub was a waste because I didn't play beyond the first free month.

WoW: MoP - bought because my friend got back into WoW heavily so I was going to join him, however I simply could not get back into it at all. I should have known that would happen, shame on me lol. I played for a few days tops.

Currently still having fun with GW2, TSW, SWTOR, and RaiderZ. None are fun enough to be my main game so I'm playing each casually and just having fun with them. One note about TSW - I bought it when it first came out and cancelled my sub shortly after for various reasons, but I recently resubbed and am enjoying it. For one thing, I have a better build which makes a huge difference, as does understanding the combat/class system, and they have also made a lot of good change/additions to the game. So that is worth a second look.

• zomard100zomard100 Member Posts: 228

1-Tera--Awesome graphic but i simply can't play game where some little baby girls swing huge swords

2-GW2--I don't now :( I bought and gave it after short time to some kid

3- Maybe MOP because it is now for 20 eu, but expansion is ok

I got bored with mmorpg, even quit my favorite mmo -eve online

I do play PS2 and swtor from time to time , waiting for TESO and Star Citizen

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Torchlight 2 (what it would look and play like if disney tried to rip off Diablo)

Dishonored (fell for the hype)

? (still time left for a 3rd)

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

a disappointed waste of $ --

The Secret World(worst gaming community ever)
    Final Fantasy 14 1.0
    Planetsside 2(alpha squad)

Satisfied i got my $'s worth-
    GW2
    XCom
    Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• PrograssivePrograssive Member Posts: 48

1-GW2 (worst game I have ever played)

2-SWTOR (Game is good but its not an mmo its a Single player game)

3-Tera (Waste of time ) 

www.archeagetr.com

www.archeageonlinetr.com

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Tera

Diablo 3

Rift: Storm Legion (was surprised to find I didn't really enjoy this expack past the first zone of it, think it was the tedium of leveling and combat that just felt the same everywhere I turned.  very odd because I kind of like Rift, but I think it's the one MMO I truly am burnt out on, even more so than WoW, if that makes any sense.  Maybe it's just about the timing.)

Honorable mention goes to GW2 and TSW for not keeping me interested past the first month, but the first month was worth the initial cost, but just barely.

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93

Money wasted: $0

I did enough research and had enough patience to try out the games at my friends' or wait to see in their game forums after they get released. =)

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

1. Street Fighter x Tekken

2. Final Fantasy 14 1.0

3. SWTOR

• MyopicMooseMyopicMoose Member UncommonPosts: 14

Eve - Full bore open pvp with no segregation between new players and long term players is not a positive formula that supports the potential success of a new player

GW2 - Rouge and lipstick on a pig.  All available abilities are learned in the first couple hours of play, after that it's a gear grind, and not a very interesting one at that

D3 - I'm sorry, i can't put together any rational comments currently that adequately describes how poor this one is...   All i can say is, if you've experienced it yourself, you'll know how i feel.