Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What 3 games did you waste money on in 2012?

Comments

• DelphosDelphos Member UncommonPosts: 46

1 - Mists of Pandaria

2 - Diablo 3

3 - APB 

Funy that 2 of 3 are from Blizzard. I`m not an anti-bliizz guy(i like them, or used to at least), but i noted that most of people here got at least one blizz game on the list, seems like they're losing the touch. Their last releases are of so poor quality, that don`t resemble in any way the great games they are known for.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

MoP

TSW

GW2

The rest I got my money worth out of so I don't consider them wastes. I played these three games/expansions for a week or so each.

• SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    gw2,tsw and rifts expansion.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

• Diablo 3 (biggest disappointment EVAR!)

• Guild Wars 2

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Torchlight 2 is the only one that I regret I think. I haven't bought a lot of games + loved everything I bought this year.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I only bought 2 mmo's this year, SWTOR, and GW2, the third will be DF:UW.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Probably only TERA for me. I mean, the actual combat was fun and the graphics & animations nice, but yhe leveling and world I found to be mindnumbingly boring, the RPing groups my gf and I met turned out to be nothing more than cyber-fanatics, and overall the game lost its appeal after a month.

I'd also say FF14 (although that was end of last year) but we did meet a lot of really nice RPers and had a few events, so that turned out to be fun enough for half a year, despite gameplay ending up incredibly lackluster. 

ME3 I originally bought to continue my seven Shepards' stories, and by its single player I was monstrousily disappointed (not even the ending -- found the ending to simply be the sugar-free icing on an immensely dry cake), but the multiplayer I found to be incredibly fun.

Uhm, I would also say Operation Raccoon City, though I got that during Steam summer sale. Still, it was $25 x2 (for gf and me), but that game was so incredibly bad that it became more of a comedy. It was still disgustingly short, though; finished both main and spec ops missions on Vet in only 5 hours.

• leinad312leinad312 Member UncommonPosts: 319
    Resubbing to SWTOR in order to get my f2p "loyalty" coins.

Playing - FFXIV,  ESO
    Played - FFXI, WoW, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, Aion, SWToR, LotRO, GW2, TERA, Rift, ArcheAge, TSW

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by leinad312

I would say this and TSW lifetime are the two biggest wastes of money I've seen in the thread IMO.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Kuppa

I would say this and TSW lifetime are the two biggest wastes of money I've seen in the thread IMO.

Funny, because the most commonly mentioned games throughout this thread are GW2 and D3 as being wastes of money.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Originally posted by Rohn
    Originally posted by Kuppa

Funny, because the most commonly mentioned games throughout this thread are GW2 and D3 as being wastes of money.

I didn't say which one show up the most.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Tekken Hyrbid is the only one.

Then again i thought it came with the full game of Tekken Tag Tourney 2. Instead i got a Demo and a sub par movie. Fight scenes were cool atleast.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Forgot to mention two obvious choices. 

Brink - was hyped to be something awesome and just didnt amount to anything special

APB - I really had high hopes for this game. It has potential to go all kinds of directions. They could have added racing zones,Straight up combat zones with no cars. Hell a lot of stuff could have been done with it. Instead the company went under and now Games First has it and has turned it into a big pay to win piece of trash

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    I cannot honestly say that I have wasted money on any game that I have bought. As cheap as games are, I always get my money's worth out of them.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Darkfall Online  --  Im not a very good PvPer...but I didnt realize I was terrible at PVE too.  Hell I never found anyone to gank me, but I couldnt beat the goblins from teh very first quest hand out  lol

Eve Online -- I guess I cant go home again.  in 2009 I quit after playing for 4 years.  I tried starting over and just couldnt do it.  The 4 yr character was sold to another player.  In January I tried again and just couldnt do the grind again.

Dishonored --  Beat it in 3 days.  Was a little upset with the length of the game.  It was a great but short ride.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809

SW:TOR - bad endgame

Tera - bad endgame

GW2 - bad endgame

Seriously, MMO developers, if you make an MMO that can be max leveled in 2 weeks PLEASE put more effort into the endgame.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Just d3

• Faran_BrygoFaran_Brygo Member UncommonPosts: 19

1)  Diablo 3

2)  Diablo 3

3)  Diablo 3

Did I mention Diablo 3 yet? At least I finished it once. That let me know I didn't need to go back and play through it twice more BEFORE getting to inferno level. And full-time connection needed is still, well, silly. Maybe if I took the time to find out, I'll learn that both those things were changed in a patch long ago, but that's how long ago I quit.

I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque...

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    D3

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

SW:TOR - bad endgame

Tera - bad endgame

GW2 - bad endgame

Seriously, MMO developers, if you make an MMO that can be max leveled in 2 weeks PLEASE put more effort into the endgame.

I honestly can't think of any way to improve mmo end game. It's either going to be a gear or token grind any way you do it. I feel that games that give you a lot of options are the successful ones. In most games you have the option to quest, PvP, craft or explore. Once you hit max level, a lot of those things become a grind or they are useless.

The reason I loved SWG so much is that you had all of those things and you also had housing, beastmaster, quest building, factory work and space to keep you busy.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Alround though its been a good year for games
    Planetside 2
    Dishonoured
    Farcry 3
    Xcom
    Torchlight 2
    All excellent

Tsw had fun questing, gw2 had fun WvW had a few months play out of them.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

SWTOR my 6 month sub

Tsw 3 months worth of sub

Diablo 3

Yea not a good year for pc games.  

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

1. Skyrim - I haven't gotten a chance to open it and play it, bought it for me and my wife....So I cannot say anything about it....So putting it down, since I spent the money and it collects dust.  This has reminded me about it, and maybe i will break it open this weekend.

2. GW2 - Bought it for me and my wife, and I only played like 30 minutes, and it just didn't click for me, the wife played for a few hours and she didn't like it either...May try to give it another shot sometime, but I don't know that I will like it, maybe beyond the open world pvp...I like depth in crafting/harvesting and systems, and a lot of peoples complaints seem to suggest not a lot of depth.

I do not buy a lot of games, I am more of a MMO player, and I do not play multiple ones at a time usually, but nothing on my plate at the moment.  Been playing LoL to pass the time.

Bought TOR, got my money worth, even though I only played the free month, one month of play, is worth the box...Even though I wouldn't even play it for free, if it was free without f2p changes now.  So I don't list it.

I bought TSW, and I enjoyed it, thought they put a lot of time into the stories and visuals, was somewhat buggy, and as in-depth as a lot of the stuff was, I can see how it is hard to keep content going for people.  It was different, and I appriciate the effort, so I am currently still paying a sub, even though I am not really playing much.  I will let content get made, then go back, but help with my sub money as they do it.  Hopefully they can keep it going and grow the game.

Originally posted by Xthos

1. Skyrim - I haven't gotten a chance to open it and play it, bought it for me and my wife....So I cannot say anything about it....So putting it down, since I spent the money and it collects dust.  This has reminded me about it, and maybe i will break it open this weekend.

2. GW2 - Bought it for me and my wife, and I only played like 30 minutes, and it just didn't click for me, the wife played for a few hours and she didn't like it either...May try to give it another shot sometime, but I don't know that I will like it, maybe beyond the open world pvp...I like depth in crafting/harvesting and systems, and a lot of peoples complaints seem to suggest not a lot of depth.

I do not buy a lot of games, I am more of a MMO player, and I do not play multiple ones at a time usually, but nothing on my plate at the moment.  Been playing LoL to pass the time.

You HAVE to play Skyrim, highly suggested. If you like LoL you should try GW2's spvp.

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394

Going to join the majority of posters by Saying Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2. I got maybe 25 hours between the two of them... Just terribly boring and not addictive games.

The only other game I've bought that I felt was a waste was White Knight Chronicles 2. It was only 14.99, so I figured I'd try. About 2 hours into it, I calmly turned the playstation 3 off, took it and my television out to the back yard and shot them and myself.