Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 end game?

madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91
I have been playing Guild wars 2 for some time now and iv done all the dungens and even the new fractals in a relatively short amount of time. My main question is will GW2 have raids or any sort of end game that we can all strive for. I'm hoping for some raid or something that actually requires a good team to complete either it be 5 man or 10 ten man. does anyone know about GW2 end game future?

madnessman

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • madnessman13madnessman13 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    thats exactly what im talking about, woah! i have all this gear and nothing to use it on lol

madnessman

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

ArenaNet has already said that they wouldn't do anything exciting like end-game.  They also won't do anything interesting with guilds, other than let them continue to be an extra chat channel.

I don't think there is enough of a budget to do much for this game, other than occasional events, with new items in the cash shop.  Shrug, I haven't logged into GW2 in over a month, and I'm not very excited about the Christmas event either.  Halloween was a huge letdown (other than the artwork which was nice).  Brawling anyone? /puke

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    I see raids for the future ... If I remember right rome was built in 1 day or is that how it goes.... 0.o yea I think that is how it went... I think they handed out houses in the first hour... Then the money to get it going... yup ~coughs~
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    If I were you, I would play WoW till GW2 gets raids.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Karteli

ArenaNet has already said that they wouldn't do anything exciting like end-game.  They also won't do anything interesting with guilds, other than let them continue to be an extra chat channel.

I don't think there is enough of a budget to do much for this game, other than occasional events, with new items in the cash shop.  Shrug, I haven't logged into GW2 in over a month, and I'm not very excited about the Christmas event either.  Halloween was a huge letdown (other than the artwork which was nice).  Brawling anyone? /puke

UH - NO. You obviously don't know or haven't read anything. Guild Halls and GvG are coming as this is 'GUILD WARS 2'. Please read what the developers actaully say, rather than spewing nonsense that is rumor.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Karteli

It is the exact opposite actually. The budget depends upon what the publisher/primary owner will give. In this case NC Soft. NC Soft's most successful current title is GW2, which has sold well over 2 million copies. The business model for GW2 is not only a cash shop, but the frequent release of expansion packs which add new content and features.

Events are usually created and run by a small team dedicated to keeping the game fresh inbetween the bigger content updates and xpack development.

Instead of being irrationally pesimistic, lets focus on the objective information present as well as how the industry actually works. GW2 is one of NC Softs biggest franchises and they are not gonna let that go to waste.

This isnt saying the game will necessarily get better, as that is all subjective, but that it will continue to be heavily developed.