Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the Aimbot be the end of PS2, just like APB or will Sony step up?

13»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    The aimbots, random teleporters and speedhackers were rampant in Beta, yet SOE still hasn't done anything about it.  It's just as bad in the release so far.

I played beta aswell. I never saw a speed hack or teleport. Were they there? Maybe, but far from rampant.

As far as aim-bots, tell me how did you know you were killed by one?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

sadly the more popular the game the more it will be hacked.  PS2 is no different, it will be full of cheating scum bags just like most shooters are today.

There was aim bots for this game when it was still in beta, there will allways be aim bots for this game. The bottom line is Sony cant do anything about it, if there was a sure fire real way to get rid of aim bots then they would be the first company ever to do it.

do you guys think they are going to dump huge loads of cash into going online and battleing the people who make the aim bots for their free game? no.

and sorry to say, but the fact that the game is free makes it even more of a target for aimbotting.  I watched the same thing happen in Global agenda, game is free and hacked to death. get banned for cheating? so what make another free acount. get banned again? so what make another free acount......

They should, it makes good business sense.  They're about to lose my money over it and I can bet ya I'm not the only one.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

i don't have a dog in this hunt since i hate SOE and i have never played this game , aimbots tend to 'snap' from target to target if you go on youtube and search for aimbot you will see what i mean. Yes in every online fps i have played their are hackers but there are also people who cry their heads off when they die. 

One time in Bf2 i got 2 head shots on 2 players but i also missed about 4 times i got called a hacker......ya right

if you kill someone too many times in a row often times they will call you hacker, why cause the other guy is just not that good ?

So i would suggest people in general if your in doubt if you got killed by a hacker there are ways to edjucate yourself on what a aimbot really looks like in action . 

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

sadly the more popular the game the more it will be hacked.  PS2 is no different, it will be full of cheating scum bags just like most shooters are today.

There was aim bots for this game when it was still in beta, there will allways be aim bots for this game. The bottom line is Sony cant do anything about it, if there was a sure fire real way to get rid of aim bots then they would be the first company ever to do it.

do you guys think they are going to dump huge loads of cash into going online and battleing the people who make the aim bots for their free game? no.

and sorry to say, but the fact that the game is free makes it even more of a target for aimbotting.  I watched the same thing happen in Global agenda, game is free and hacked to death. get banned for cheating? so what make another free acount. get banned again? so what make another free acount......

They should, it makes good business sense.  They're about to lose my money over it and I can bet ya I'm not the only one.

SOE did nothing about hacks in DCUO and that killed PvP in that game in very short order. And that was a game where PvP was key to the overall success/failure.

And that was a P2P game too, so they should have theoretically cared more about fixing the problems.

But didn't.

Or didn't until long after most people quit, never to return.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Originally posted by bcbully
    The aimbots, random teleporters and speedhackers were rampant in Beta, yet SOE still hasn't done anything about it.  It's just as bad in the release so far.

I played beta aswell. I never saw a speed hack or teleport. Were they there? Maybe, but far from rampant.

It is more a matter of mass hesteria then actual "fact". While there ARE those that cheat/hack, there are probably far fewer then many would like to admit. The problem is, once people start to believe a thing is true when it is not they will continue to believe the "false truth" even when asked to think about it and reason it out.

Let me ask this question, if someone gets slightly over 100 kills (in PS2) in a four-hour playing session are they cheating/hacking?

Let's party like it is 1863!

Originally posted by Gruug

It is more a matter of mass hesteria then actual "fact". While there ARE those that cheat/hack, there are probably far fewer then many would like to admit. The problem is, once people start to believe a thing is true when it is not they will continue to believe the "false truth" even when asked to think about it and reason it out.

Let me ask this question, if someone gets slightly over 100 kills (in PS2) in a four-hour playing session are they cheating/hacking?

It's funny how he didn't respond, but kept posting... 

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I guess speedhacks are kind of obvious to notice. But aimbots are not. A friend of mine always gets accused of using an aimbot because he rarely misses. This is the case since he still played Unreal Tournament. No one wanted to play instagib against him lol.

Then explain all of my deaths from people using medium range weapons versus my very long range weapon at maximum range distance and they kill me almost instantly after I fire and miss the head shot?  There are far too many to be coincidental.

Then explain all of my deaths from people using medium range weapons versus my very long range weapon at maximum range distance and they kill me almost instantly after I fire and miss the head shot?  There are far too many to be coincidental.

....This is what you are basing your accusations on?

It's funny how he didn't respond, but kept posting... 

I'm so sorry I didn't respond fast enough to satisfy you.  Troll.

You do understand that medium range guns can't even hit at very long ranges, right?  You sound like someone who likes to hack yourself with your defensiveness.

You do understand that medium range guns can't even hit at very long ranges, right?  You sound like someone who likes to hack yourself with your defensiveness.

Please tell me more. 

Please tell me more. 

[mod edit] I don't have to prove anything to you and I could care less if you believe or not.  [mod edit]

let's keep things constructive please

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Hit boxes in PS2 are freaking huge, this isn't necessarily an aimbot, it's probably just bad coding in an easy-mode fps.

There are cheats and hackers in PS2 and while it is possible these guys are using aimbots, it's equally possible they are just good shots in a game with little skill when it comes to aiming and hitting headshots.

Pistol headshots from range are rediculously easy for example.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by grounnn
    Originally posted by Loke666

There's a very simple way to remove hackers. At least it is for people in the U.S., Hacking is against the law. So I'm pretty sure if little Timmy is caught hacking, their parents are going to be pissed when they're sent a summons notice to court because their child wants to cheat in a video game. Hacking has a very hefty monitary fine, and could also lead being barred from using a computer. These laws exsist. Why don't they press charges? They have the ability to track these players through their IP and MAC addresses, and through their ISP's as well.

Except what you call hacking isn't really hacking. They are called "script kiddies". At least that's the term we use as Network Engineers. Hacking and Script Kiddies are seperate people. The gaming community really needs to seperate the two from each other.

Trust me, Little Timmy isn't hacking jack squat.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Originally posted by grounnn
    Originally posted by Loke666

There's a very simple way to remove hackers. At least it is for people in the U.S., Hacking is against the law. So I'm pretty sure if little Timmy is caught hacking, their parents are going to be pissed when they're sent a summons notice to court because their child wants to cheat in a video game. Hacking has a very hefty monitary fine, and could also lead being barred from using a computer. These laws exsist. Why don't they press charges? They have the ability to track these players through their IP and MAC addresses, and through their ISP's as well.

Except what you call hacking isn't really hacking. They are called "script kiddies". At least that's the term we use as Network Engineers. Hacking and Script Kiddies are seperate people. The gaming community really needs to seperate the two from each other.

Trust me, Little Timmy isn't hacking jack squat.

Atleast one script kiddie is crying right now :). Well done, sir!

That said, I have yet to get the awkward feeling after getting shot, so the aimbot thing is hardly "apparent". And trust me, I get shot a lot in PS2 :P.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

There are so many hackers inside PS2 right now it aint even funny.
    Keep telling yourself you got killed by a lucky shot 5 times in a row within 5 min.

Bad luck i can deal with, getting killed from max range by heavy trooper with 2 shots is iam bots.
    Some servers have more then others it seems, but damn this is going to get from bad to worse this week.

Game will getting so much bad rep ontop of the bad optimasation already that they will lose potantial buyers faster then they can gain them.

Will give it a few days before calling it quits.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Mothanos

There are so many hackers inside PS2 right now it aint even funny.
    Keep telling yourself you got killed by a lucky shot 5 times in a row within 5 min.

Bad luck i can deal with, getting killed from max range by heavy trooper with 2 shots is iam bots.
    Some servers have more then others it seems, but damn this is going to get from bad to worse this week.

Game will getting so much bad rep ontop of the bad optimasation already that they will lose potantial buyers faster then they can gain them.

Will give it a few days before calling it quits.

That is about all I lasted at the end of beta.

It became clear that there were some definite vulnerabilties/exploits in there, and it was also clear they would not be fixed any time soon.

I suspect that this game will start "the slide" sooner rather than later behind all this stuff.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128
    Let's cut out the personal attacks please.
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by muffins89
    forgive my ignorance but how do you know if someone is using an aim-bot?  i one shot people on my infiltrator all the time do the people i kill think im using an aim-bot?

An Aimbot does not mean you one shot people or headshot only,  bot aiming can be adjusted and aim at body parts you want. Probably settings for recoil on or off aswell. Those bots are hard to spot and can ruin a game if it does not have proper anti cheat protection.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

I have never heard of any online PC shooter that has been able to successfully rid themselves of aimbots and cheating.

So, yes, I think it will end up like every other online shooter...infested with hackers.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Well, the problem exist with mmorpgs aswell,  not just FPS games. The main issue I see is the F2P "Free to Play" model, hackers dont risk anything, they dont need to buy the game or pay monthly fees. This draws even more hacker into the game. 

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Well, sony has been hacked few time so dont expet much...

Tis game die and have "few" player like EQ2.