Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the Aimbot be the end of PS2, just like APB or will Sony step up?

mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151

Getting really apperent out there. Even seen speed hacks today for the first time today... I watched APB sit back and do nothing and the game imploded to the point all that was left was a population of hackers...

Will sony do something or admit defeat like APB and drop support for title? So far, from the signs i have seen... i dont expect much and i think their sales numbers are low but that is just a guestimate.. If no money coming in, will they care to work on such a problem?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    forgive my ignorance but how do you know if someone is using an aim-bot?  i one shot people on my infiltrator all the time do the people i kill think im using an aim-bot?
  • PhlaccPhlacc Member UncommonPosts: 45

Riiiiight, a big company like Sony is gonna just sit back and do nothing, use your head man. I'm sure they will, IF, there is infact cheating going on.

I can't even wrap my head around you saying that Sony will just do nothing. Man, really??

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    There are things like aimbot in CoD: BO2... and that game just came out. Hacking has gotten extremely easy to do and very hard to stop, particularly in the shooter genre. They can limit just what a player can do client side, but its very difficult to catch cheats if someone knows how the hide them.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    cheaters are the main reason I don't bother spending much time looking at these games. Hopefully that this problem will be solved because it kills the ratio of new players willing to even try these types of games.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Plenty of hacks out there if you google it.  But I still enjoy the game a ton!!!
  • PhlaccPhlacc Member UncommonPosts: 45

Has anybody tried letting Sony know? Is this a big problem at the moment, and is it confirmed cheating?

I can't see Sony just letting this happen.....

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    There are things like aimbot in CoD: BO2... and that game just came out. Hacking has gotten extremely easy to do and very hard to stop, particularly in the shooter genre. They can limit just what a player can do client side, but its very difficult to catch cheats if someone knows how the hide them.

Purutzil, they know hacking is going on.. typically the ones that defend it are the hackers themselves..

In fact we did a study back in BF2 days where we could detect the hackers and did random messages in game chat saying random things about aimbotting, but we would never put a name out in the accusation.. This peaked curiousity for the guilty concsious. Over 90% of the time when in chat we said something in reference to aimbotting.. The actual and typically only one who would respond was the cheater and he would always state... "Who's Hacking?"

Give it a try... it's quite halirious :D Works in BF3 and I reckon and I would presume COD

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Are you serious ? You think hes just making this up cuz you think he sucks ?

Sorry to say Aim bots are extremly common, and no I dont think so cause a sniper hits me, thats easy enough, I think so cause too often a guy with a shit gun ( and it tells you which weapon kills you) nails you and everyone around from a huge distance away over and over, when your running and weaving in and out of obstacles, and they never miss.

Also speed hackers are easy to point out as welll, since no one is lagging on my screen, and im not lagging, I have a great internet connection, but yet people are blinking all over the screeen, you cant shoot them , they  cover so much distance in 1 second, then next second they are somewhere else, flickering, its pretty obvious.  Espcially when they are mowing over everyone in sight.

Sadly these cheats are getting more and more advance and are very easy to get a hold of.  And sometimes not as easy to detect as one would hope.

• Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47
    I know that these hacks exist, and are used, but I have yet to run into one since beta.  I just don't want people to think this game is overrun with them.  Yes, it needs to be looked at, but plenty of good fun can be had even with the occasional bad apple.  In beta if i ran into one, I just went to a different base or continent.  
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

SOE has historically been very slow to deal with cheaters even when they are inclined to do so. And even when not doing it tanks their game (please go to the DCUO section for all the threads on that you feel like reading).

Up to now, part of that reason was that every cheater was a paying sub, but not here.

And further, because this game has a free client, it will make getting rid of the cheaters all the more difficult: ban them and they come right back.

Pretty much the next time SOE steps up to deal with cheating, will be the first time.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

are there people using cheats...probaly... butt he rate is so low you barely see it once a week personaly and even then it are suspected to use a cheat not proven.

saying the game is rampant whit cheaters is uttler Bull.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    It's ultimately up to Sony. If they don't crack down on aimboting and such, they will lose players and thus in the long run lose profit. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Was the invulnerable bot the end of wow
    Is the speed hack bot the end of gw2
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

sadly the more popular the game the more it will be hacked.  PS2 is no different, it will be full of cheating scum bags just like most shooters are today.

There was aim bots for this game when it was still in beta, there will allways be aim bots for this game. The bottom line is Sony cant do anything about it, if there was a sure fire real way to get rid of aim bots then they would be the first company ever to do it.

do you guys think they are going to dump huge loads of cash into going online and battleing the people who make the aim bots for their free game? no.

and sorry to say, but the fact that the game is free makes it even more of a target for aimbotting.  I watched the same thing happen in Global agenda, game is free and hacked to death. get banned for cheating? so what make another free acount. get banned again? so what make another free acount......

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    I was shot in a spawn tube in a protected base as I spawned down to no health through a wall yesterday.  Yes there are aimbots, and yes you can get shot thru walls if they really wanna be dicks about it.  Are they everywhere? nope but its early in the games development cycle, it will get worse.  I spend most my time in a tank for just this reason, even then I had a guy snipe me while I was inside my tank, killed me and didn't touch the tank so yeah...
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Honestly the hacking in ps2 is no worse than other mmos, and certainly less than other certain shooters.

I've had 2 incidents since launch, 1 obvious guy shooting me through walls and another dubious br1 guy who 2 shotted me several times on the trot,but came out full shields ad 3/4 health. Of course 2nd guy might just have been better than me.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Honestly the hacking in ps2 is no worse than other mmos, and certainly less than other certain shooters.

I've had 2 incidents since launch, 1 obvious guy shooting me through walls and another dubious br1 guy who 2 shotted me several times on the trot,but came out full shields ad 3/4 health. Of course 2nd guy might just have been better than me.

try different servers, and it becomes more apparent.. in big base fights, you cant even scoot around the town, they are on the roofs and got such angles and then they use crouch cover so they are tough to remove... they just pop up and plaster you no matter what wall you come out from instantly...

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by mikecackle
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Purutzil, they know hacking is going on.. typically the ones that defend it are the hackers themselves..

In fact we did a study back in BF2 days where we could detect the hackers and did random messages in game chat saying random things about aimbotting, but we would never put a name out in the accusation.. This peaked curiousity for the guilty concsious. Over 90% of the time when in chat we said something in reference to aimbotting.. The actual and typically only one who would respond was the cheater and he would always state... "Who's Hacking?"

Give it a try... it's quite halirious :D Works in BF3 and I reckon and I would presume COD

This is true in a lot of fps games, and is indeed always hilarious.  The guilty will almost always ask "who's hacking ?" when it's brought up in chat even when no one in particular is called out or accused.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Uzik
    [mod edit]

So are you saying there is no hacks at all in planet side 2 ?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    They have said they are monitoring player activity. They will do ban waves for players who's stats look off.
    Originally posted by jusomdude
    They have said they are monitoring player activity. They will do ban waves for players who's stats look off.

lol, yeah we never heard that one before... :D

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I have to say, any physically healthy adult who would use such a thing in a FPS is a piece of garbage. Have some self-esteem for heaven's sake.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409

Actually Planetside Devs were not aware of AIMBots in the game.....

I know because I actually tweated them, and pointed them to the videos today.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    http://i.massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/28/soe-outlaws-all-planetside-2-mods/

I guess they are stepping up? Hopefully they follow through punishing the cheaters.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    Originally posted by jusomdude

Ban waves don't work.  Blizzard has proven that.

It's all about cheat detection and prevention.