Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to try a vehicular MMO again?

13»

Comments

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    Originally posted by Quirhid

You might want to try Motorstorm and similar games on the Xboxes..  There are plenty of lobby based auto games where you can compete against other players..  check them out,, oh and you con't have to pay some dunb subscription plan to drive them..

No. I thought more along the lines of car combat although racing could be included.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Eve is a vehicular mmo and Ive heard some people even like it.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by Po_gg
    Originally posted by Zorgo

I wonder if Auto Assault has any private servers.

Anyone remember that game? What was it live for? 2 months?

Anyway, it was a completely vehicular mmo. Kinda fun. Kinda small. Kinda unpopulated.......maybe it's failure is why we have few vehicular mmos......

Anyone remember... lol. I just referred AA in my posts, OP's first sentence is: Is it time to try an MMO such as Auto Assault again?, so I guess yep, a few of us do remember AA :)

And 2 months? Make it a year. Unpopulated? I don't think so... Nor small. Had 3 factions.

But I agree, now that NCsoft killed CoH, maybe they could re-launch AA with the money they saved. Just for the fun, without any modification (there are indie games on the market with worse gfx than AA had 5 years ago). I wonder, how many people would try it :)

I'm glad you agree....but jeez felt more like a punch in the face......

Anyway, I was just wondering if there were private servers.....

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Is it time to try an MMO such as Auto Assault again? I remember it had serious performance issues, but say if it wasn't just the shoddy programming, wouldn't you like to see it done with a modern engine?

Forget the avatars, forget the customization and all that unimportant shit, just start with a good game: well made driving, well made combat and enough variety in the vehicles you can drive and the game modes / objectives you can have. You can add the other things later.

What do you say?

I say that if you try another trinity vehicle game I wont play it.

If you want a MMO that way you need special mechics for it, a "Car wars" MMO could be fun if made right but auto assault lacked all kinds of imagination and just sucked.

MMO devs needs to stop reusing the same crap over and over in new settings.

But if you do start from scratch you could indeed make a great game. I rather have someone who actually can do car games make it instead of any MMO dev though.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986

Thanks for that blast from the past Po_gg!

Like Loke666 I am not sure a Car Wars style game like AA should be made as a MMO. Start with car combat game design and add MMO concepts to suit.

Besides if you put the word MMO in the title, players will expect to finish it and move on after a month. :)