Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are there no current or even recent reviews or articles about LOTRO in the site

I visit MMORPG if not daily, then at least several times per week.  Even with the recent major expansion,  no new comments or reviews have been available for review.  Has MMORPG decided that LOTRO is no longer worth following?

Robet DeWalt

Comments

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Its funny, the player base is probably comparable to Rift's, but it gets no coverage here at all.  No review in progress, nothing.  
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Its funny, the player base is probably comparable to Rift's, but it gets no coverage here at all.  No review in progress, nothing.  

It's hard to stand out when you are theme park title #34 out of 78.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

They cover the yearly expansion.  There's not much else to talk about with LOTRO.  I'm still waiting for this site to call Turbine out for their crappy pricing and content updates.

Trion is far more deserving of coverage as they update things a lot more often and they have their population thanks to people willing to pay a sub.  LOTRO is a failed sub based game on its way out.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

It is mainly because that LOTRO has lived too long.  Back in the day it used to be the fair haired child on this site. In fact it is what brought me to this site in the first place to get a free cloak for lotro.   Lotro been replaced by SWTOR, and LOTRO has basicly all been forgotten about, other than a brief update now and then. 

This site is all about hype, you cant hype lotro much any more. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by erictlewis

It is mainly because that LOTRO has lived too long.  Back in the day it used to be the fair haired child on this site. In fact it is what brought me to this site in the first place to get a free cloak for lotro.   Lotro been replaced by SWTOR, and LOTRO has basicly all been forgotten about, other than a brief update now and then. 

LOTRO has been all but abandoned by Turbine and WB.  They just deliver tiny, overpriced expansions to keep the biggest fans appeased.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    LotRO hasn't been worth following since 2007.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by Thenextbigthing
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Originally posted by erictlewis

LOTRO has been all but abandoned by Turbine and WB.  They just deliver tiny, overpriced expansions to keep the biggest fans appeased.

From your posts on here you are obviously someone who used to play a long time ago, doesn't any more, but oddly you still think that your uninformed opinion of LOTRO counts for anything.

Yes I quit playing right after they released dun-land and it went free to play.  Lotro was great but manged to loose a good bit of it'ts base when they released Moria.  Then with som (shadows of mirkwood)  and the dun-land crap drove off a bunch of folks. Only the hardcore lotro player hung around. 

The point to the question was why lotro is headline news any more.  All one has to do is look on the game site to see the game is in the mid 30's.  Nobody is going to write hype about games in the 30's, every now and they they will but not constant stuff like we see on the current trending games. Some of what I think are junk as well. The fact is this site hypes the new stuff, nobody wants yesterdays news, only the current stuff. 

As far as lotro being great well that's you opinion and your entitled to it just like I am entitled to my opinion. Despite you wanting to tell folks I should not have an opinion.