Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So the cheating begins.

2»

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You get teleport, speed, invulnerable, hit through walls, stack attacks so they hit all at once hacks in all mmos. Fps has nothing to do with it.

That said sub only servers are a good idea.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by hfztt

For anyone wondering why CCP did not make DUST 514 for the PC. This is the reason.

This kind of shit is just way harder to pull of on a console.

bullshit, there are enough aimbots for the ps3

the only reason why there SEEM to be less aimbits is because THERE ARE less players.

pure math.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871
    Originally posted by dariuszp
    Originally posted by ForumPvP
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

While someone eventually figures out how to hack the game usually, I have never seen a game hacked so fast that came from a brand new engine.

Banning the individual players, while good, is pointless unless you stop the hacks or go after the sites that distribute them.

This being an F2P game makes it so much worse, F2P games suffer much more from hacks than P2P games.

They need to separate subscription servers from free™ servers ,like fast.

Add admins to p2p servers atleast 1 per server. 

You know, I bought Alpha Squad package for 40$. I also don't mind paying for this game. Hell, I donate overall 50$ so it's almost like I bought it or payed 3 months worth subscription.

Still I think that going P2P would be a VERY bad idea. Why ? Because crowded maps are EXACLY what we need in this kind of game.

Cheaters ? To hell with them. If I notice one I will report him ASAP. And this is everything we can do. Report cheaters, make them unwelcome. Leave everything in developers hands. They know what they do.

1 MONTH
    $14.99/mo.
    $14.99 billed monthly

3 MONTHS
    $12.99/mo.
    $38.97 billed every 3 months

6 MONTHS
    $11.99/mo.
    $71.94 billed every 6 months

They allready have p2p system taking place,and these people who are paying customers wont be that for long and most likely wont be that in the future.
    Nowadays when everything if free™ and you are going to pay for something,customer excepts  good service,and when they dont get even good service even when they pay,its going to be bad,if they dont fix their problems.
    Somekind of exp boost wont mean anything when these customers who are actually paying and supporting this product are getting killed thru walls etc..what do they think first ? something like, do i  really pay for this shit.

Let's internet

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

Thinking back to the popular fps games that I played in the late 90's and early 00's they never stopped hacks entirely.   They had Punkbuster if they wanted to use it , albeit over the complaints of people that thought it hindered their gameplay for some reason.  Now, it all depends on the company issuing the game to do their own punkbusting, and it seems to take forever for them to get it right. 

Perhaps in the future an outsourced company that specializes in stopping hacks in the various game engines might be viable. 

C'mon you entrepreneurs!!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Reason #4 that I don't play competitve PvP MMORPGs: People are dicks that like to cheat, and then  the ones who *aren't* dicks feel the pressure to cheat to just keep up...

Such a sorry way to play a game.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by bliss14

Thinking back to the popular fps games that I played in the late 90's and early 00's they never stopped hacks entirely.   They had Punkbuster if they wanted to use it , albeit over the complaints of people that thought it hindered their gameplay for some reason.  Now, it all depends on the company issuing the game to do their own punkbusting, and it seems to take forever for them to get it right. 

Perhaps in the future an outsourced company that specializes in stopping hacks in the various game engines might be viable. 

that's the best part. they actually make money with one of the "biggest" aimbots. people PAY to use aimbots for FREE 2 PLAY games.

i will never understand such people, i mean... their aim cant be THAT bad eh? or can it...

this shithead (helios) could have worked for the gaming industry selling them his knowledge, but he decided differently.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

I will never, ever understand why people would buy an aimbot.  I could see my 70 year old mother doing it accidentally clicking on popups and whatnot and then somehow stumbling into a game of Quake Live that I *may* have left on her laptop as a shortcut. 

If that were to happen I take full blame.  But people that do it on purpose are the lowest.

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by bliss14

that's the best part. they actually make money with one of the "biggest" aimbots. people PAY to use aimbots for FREE 2 PLAY games.

i will never understand such people, i mean... their aim cant be THAT bad eh? or can it...

this shithead (helios) could have worked for the gaming industry selling them his knowledge, but he decided differently.

Yes, they are that bad, and believe it or not parents are buying them for their kids and the parents use them too...

I researched it for a while.. basically its bubble gum bob, wasting time.. he has no care what he's doing

he's jumping around talking nonsense to his friends while he is wasting an hour playing a game.. I call him Bubble Gum bob

because they actually chew gum and whistle as they walk thru the war zone just droppin guys and acting like its no big deal...

Tonite the aimbotting has been the worst i ever seen, all coming from VS sight and all their INF's..

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I was thinking about updating my graphics card just to play planetside 2 because its the only game I can't run on this pc for some reason even in lowest settings.

However after Beta, I logged into the game to make a character, and I just logged back out, and I will tell the community why.

1. The character Models SUCK!, Absolute Force Online, Another F2P game currently in Beta has better character Skins, and models for that matter.

It is shameful what some of these MMO companies do I would be ashamed to even be on the PlanetSide Dev Team, and that is no joke, how much money was spent making planetside 2 and then failing to make characters look decent, or add customizeable armors, or anything like this.

Aimbots will be in everygame which is true, but how much effort is sony really putting out there against Cheaters, PlanetSide 2 worth playing absolutely not in my eyes in the current state it is in.

Planetside 2 is no more than playing a 30 minute game in Absolute Force Online of capture the point, they really didn't do a good job.

I understand every game has its Fan Base, and those who like it will play, but I don't.

Honestly I think PlanetSide 1, was developed better than PlanetSide 2, given the year it was developed in.

Rawr, grr, grr, rawrgrr!

Feel better now? I was wondering how many posts it would take to lick to the center of some SOE hate...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by dariuszp
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

While someone eventually figures out how to hack the game usually, I have never seen a game hacked so fast that came from a brand new engine.

Banning the individual players, while good, is pointless unless you stop the hacks or go after the sites that distribute them.

This being an F2P game makes it so much worse, F2P games suffer much more from hacks than P2P games.

They need to separate subscription servers from free™ servers ,like fast.

Add admins to p2p servers atleast 1 per server. 

You know, I bought Alpha Squad package for 40$. I also don't mind paying for this game. Hell, I donate overall 50$ so it's almost like I bought it or payed 3 months worth subscription.

Still I think that going P2P would be a VERY bad idea. Why ? Because crowded maps are EXACLY what we need in this kind of game.

Cheaters ? To hell with them. If I notice one I will report him ASAP. And this is everything we can do. Report cheaters, make them unwelcome. Leave everything in developers hands. They know what they do.

1 MONTH
    $14.99/mo.
    $14.99 billed monthly

3 MONTHS
    $12.99/mo.
    $38.97 billed every 3 months

6 MONTHS
    $11.99/mo.
    $71.94 billed every 6 months

They allready have p2p system taking place,and these people who are paying customers wont be that for long and most likely wont be that in the future.
    Nowadays when everything if free™ and you are going to pay for something,customer excepts  good service,and when they dont get even good service even when they pay,its going to be bad,if they dont fix their problems.
    Somekind of exp boost wont mean anything when these customers who are actually paying and supporting this product are getting killed thru walls etc..what do they think first ? something like, do i  really pay for this shit.

I agree with your points on recieving quality customer service, but segragating P2P and F2P players is not going to help the game at all in the long run.

Planetside requires a large amount of players to make the gameplay good and viable. With out the population it will just be utter garbage. SOE knows this, many players know this, and the only real viable solution is to be F2P.

The reason I say this is because unless you are CoD, Halo, CS, or BF you just aren't going to have the staying power to hold onto those players with a purely P2P server. Most FPSes become ghost towns a year after release, but they can survive because their lobbies are very small. PS2 can atleast stave this off with a constant turn around of new players playing for free. This provides targets for the customers who pay, and potential makes free players into paying players.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I tried out the Gauss Rifle Burst model tonight and I felt like I was cheating. Man that thing is a killer.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

ok...your heavy assualt has an aimbot.  my tank with high explosive anti infantry rounds doesnt.  guess whos gonna win?

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

ok...your heavy assualt has an aimbot.  my tank with high explosive anti infantry rounds doesnt.  guess whos gonna win?

That airship firing rockets from above, I bet.

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

All the cheaters that play god mode will leave the game after a short time. There is nothing more boring then a game with no challenge!

Or would you think a Mario / jump 'n' run would be fun with just run and no jump?

I report them cheaters and hope they got at least a bit of self esteem left so they quit eventually.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• bestiacorpusbestiacorpus Member Posts: 114

People who use bots and cheats don't really care what other people think about them.  Don't count on them leaving soon.  MMO botters enjoy all forms of trolling to get that thanks-for-making-me-famous forum post.

It would be really bad for the game company if they can't even get a working solution months after getting the player reports though.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'm more annoyed by those engineers that place a turret in the door leading out of the main base. Since everything is invulnerable inside the base, only thing you can do is report them and deploy on a hotspot.

(A bigger door wouldn't solve the issue, two asshats would just be needed for the same effect.)

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by morbuskabis

All the cheaters that play god mode will leave the game after a short time.

That hasn't happened in any FPS though.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Seeing the Aimbotters on Matherson and SolTech....

• mikecacklemikecackle Member Posts: 151
    Originally posted by AmazingAvery
    Seeing the Aimbotters on Matherson and SolTech....

yup just joined matherson as NC On the other 2 servers are dead... HOLY AIMBOTTERS on Matherson..
     So obvious, the other servers, i just suspected, here it is ridiculous..

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
         I've always wanted to like FPS games but everyone I have ever tried had a ton of cheating....Its too bad that people cant just play and have to resort to these things but apparently being good at a video game is all some people have in life and they have to cheat to do it.
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Ya know, i've noticed some crazy accurate shots, mainly coming in CQB time like Bio Labs.. But I thought it was because the opponent had like an all powerful dream machine geting like 200 fps on all maxed out settings or something.. Like I could see someone and go all auto on them with a nice reflex sight and all.. At least ONE of my shots will miss due to us both strafe dancing, but some people especially with LMG's (which are SUPPOSED to have more recoil than my carbine) can get 4 perfectly aimed shots and drop me on full auto before I even have a real fighting chance..

I figured there were hacks, people on the internetz are known for being "epic tryhards" and will stop at nothing until they accomplish the goal.. Whether its hacking a bank account, CIA backlogs, News websites , emails etc.. An FPS game? Pffft..

Even though I have my gripes, I still find ways to enjoy myself on the game.. Dying is a part of it, so these hackers aren't doing anything that Reavers, Mosquitos, Prowler, Vanguards, Galaxies, Sunderers, Engineers, Assaults, Max's, Medics, Falling, Friendly Fire and base defenses couldn't already do...

lol..