Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

in day 3 of 15 days trial.

itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i actually might forego one of my (three) eve accounts to keep the perpetuum account.

it's fun and well thought out.  it is (of course) VERY like eve but there are actually some areas where i like perpetuum better.  

for instance skill point accrual just goes into a pool and not into a specific skill... you then assign skill points to skills as you see fit.  better than eve's way because you dont lose SP when (to use an example that happened revcently to me) you lose power for 9 days due to a hurricane and you cant get online to change your skill Queue.

the people are friendly too.  this is good because the tutorials are kind of eh and should get revisited before the game is made available on steam.

i'd say, though if you are a sandboxer at heart the game is more than worth an in depth shot.  use the 15 day trial.  what you got to lose?

see you folks in game.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Perpetuum does everything better than EVE other than the population and client/server stability.

Yeah its got some issues and the developers seem to constantly be behind on what needs to be done, however theres a lot of mechanics involved that are sililair to EVE but better, more engaging, and less passive.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531
    Wow Perpetuum is still running? I left because all the hype left within 2 months of release , I would log in and have the whole land for myself and maybe 2-3 other players , it was great while it lasted ! :)        The game was wayy to slow , and I thought jumping a freighter 5 jumps in EVE-Online was capital punishment , Perpetuum found a way on making freighter jumps look not so bad. :P              Oh yea I remember why everyone left , money was soooooo slow to make that everyone was using the transport glitch missions , and even then it was abit slow. Until they fixed , and took forever to buy anything , everyone left. :P
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

shrug?

it seems like there are an ok amount of people to me.  i havent encountered any major bugs either and only have disconnected once.

and it just recent got "green lighted" by steam so it'll be on steam soon.  i am sure that'll garner them some more players.  like i said, for me it's a good game. (look at my sig for a list of games i liked and that i play now and you'llsee my tastes pretty clearly).

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by SuprGamerX
    Wow Perpetuum is still running? I left because all the hype left within 2 months of release , I would log in and have the whole land for myself and maybe 2-3 other players , it was great while it lasted ! :)        The game was wayy to slow , and I thought jumping a freighter 5 jumps in EVE-Online was capital punishment , Perpetuum found a way on making freighter jumps look not so bad. :P              Oh yea I remember why everyone left , money was soooooo slow to make that everyone was using the transport glitch missions , and even then it was abit slow. Until they fixed , and took forever to buy anything , everyone left. :P

Yeah two years ago before most of the game was patched in there wasnt much to do.  Game still suffers from low population as well.

Completely different game if all you did was glitched transport missions, at least now it is.  Also...making NIC is, and always has been easy, you didnt need to glitch missions to make money back then and dont now (you cant glitche transport missions now and they are run diffrently)

Now the name of the game is building bases/terraforming and defense of those bases.  This type of game was never meant to be insta-action however, and youll find that still remains true...however they do start new players out with roughly 60k EP rather than 20k EP they gave two years ago.  Get into a corp and spend that EP right and youll be a few weeks away from being right in the action.

Still needs a lot more players though.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

towards the end of my 15 days trial and leaning towards subbing at least  for one month to see if i continue to like it.

i hope the greeenlight stuff gets underway soon because i can see the game being even more entertaining with a couple thousand more folks.

Dwight D Eisenhower

Henry Rollins