Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed and Payments SOE

13»

Comments

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Sigh.

Why won't you do any research before spending money? Don't expect it to work like the way you prefer to without reading up about it. I don't buy x and expect it to be y without reading what I actually bought and what I get. That is not SOE fault, that is ENTIRELY on you. God damnit stop being dumb and lazy!"#¤%&/

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by tank017
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

It is NOT pay2win, this has been discussed numerous times, it isn't pay2win when you can get the same thing ingame without spending money. 100 certs only take a couple hours, 1000 certs is about a week if you play each night, I have a total of 8 hours so far and racked up 340 certs.

And Wolfenpride, VS on my server (Connery) is terrible as they can't even maintain 10% territory, TR seems to dominate most of the time too, I just recently rolled another toon on Matherson and what a huge difference, players on VS on Matherson seems to be much better than on Connery and I seem to get less lag on Matherson despite me being on the west coast which Connery is.

Im on VS Connery too,we were doing well for the 2 or so hours I played..

.but now youre scaring me image

im NC on Connery and i can assure you,  we pose no threat to you.  not sure about the reds.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Kanester

Almost every game locks items to characters and doesnt let you switch servers, how people can bitch about this game, its ridiculous. Everything in this game can be earned in game and its easy enough.

That is not true!

Cosmetic items are account wide in most games!  WoW, LOTRO, DDO, etc. Every cosmetic item you buy in their shop is account wide. In WoW even mounts are account wide.

I say it again. That the weapon unlocks are character bound. Fine. But it's totally ridiculous for the cosmetic armor / camo unlocks to be character bound!  Especially since SOE doesn't warn you about it when you buy it!

It's just stupid and they are just going to lose a lot of money because of it and also lose angry players who already spend lots of money only to find out AFTER that it is character bound.

There are several angry players already posting in how they spend lots of money on cosmetics, ended up deleting their char, because of long queue times and lag on their server to reroll on a different one and/or because friends were playing on a different server.... to find out that they lost all items they paid for with REAL money!!

They can make a lot more money by making at least the cosmetic unlocks account wide. It will entice more people to buy stuff.

If I payed for a cosmetic set of gear I would never expect it to be account wide, Id say it's obvious it's just for that character the way you unlock them would tell you they are only for that character.

If this is the only thing people can moan about Id say SOE have done really well. What kind of idiot deletes a character they have just spent money on without a least researching a little or trying to create a new character 1st?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mikecackle

to enjoy themselves they must bang their heads against their keyboards for weeks and months to get a few unlocks, or pay

Then they pay and realize what A was (A crap game) and are stuck with nothing but a bad feeling. Its their bad feeling, so they have a right to whine that they don't like this concept.

So which is it, guys? The constant complaint here is that MMORPG.comers want slower levelling and truly earning your rewards, but when the game has that - and nowhere near the crushing grind of the oft cited-as-wondeful EQ and FFXI - then the complaint is that if you want to level faster you have to pay money.

It's nothing but a quick money grab off old IP, companies continue to rinse and repeat, and they dont care about the gamer, so it's time we quit caring about the companies behind them.

This argument is constantly repeated but it makes no logical sense. These companies plan to release amny more games after this. They are not ditching the cash in a Cayman Islands account and vanishing once the game releases.

Why on earth would they create a 'quick money grab' knowing they have more games in the pipeline that they want people to buy. Are you suggesting that MMO gamers (except you, of course) are all extremely stupid and are just playing games they don't like, paying for games they don't like and then running out to spend money on the next title after they didn't like the previous one?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre